Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 4)

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There isn't much to vent about the last few days, but.....are the Cardinals EVER going to figure out that they're not actually a 90 win type team?

Not until after they sweep the Brewers.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Bad scoring in the last game of the Giants series as Parra didn't deserve any ERs. Not much of a vent but I didn't really think Parra's great day should have ended like that.

Yeah, it should've ended with Joe Dillon getting one more AB before he went to Nashville.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I am terrified of this upcoming series. The Cardinals always seem to come up with the big hit when they need it, that doesn't bode well against our mediocre at best bullpen. I will feel much better if we can steal one of the first two games. I hope and pray for a split here.

This is my most anticipated series in a very long time, I know there is still over two months of the season but this seems like a big series for me. Maybe if the Crew can stick it to em the Cardinals will finally start to realize that they aren't this good? One can only hope

The Padres basically gave the game away on Saturday, as a throwing error lead to two unearned runs in the 6th inning...the 2 runs that gave them the lead...not to mention the fact that the Padres didn't even sniff another run after scoring 5 in the first 2 innings!!

I still think Weeks makes one of those plays if Torres doesn't deflect the ball with his glove, but he probably still should've been able to flip it to Hardy for the out at second. He tried to rush it and ended up whiffing on the scoop. At least he hit a 3-run HR and had and scored a run in the 10th...amazing what this offense can do when Rickie's hitting.

As for my real vent, I hope Ned ends this stupid pitcher platoon soon. Dave Bush might stink on the road, but I'm pretty sure he'd be able to give the Brewers more than 5 innings in the first game of a fairly important 4-game series. Good thing Sabathia and Sheets close out the series, otherwise I'd be terrified about the state of the bullpen after everyone pitched tonight.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Hey Cardinals, thanks for the getaway day on Thursday.

It seems to me that the brewers are on the short end of this stick. I can't remember the last time they sent a team out at night on a wednesday, but it happens to them every so often. If i am Mark A. and Co. i'd start playing hardball, pun intended.

Hey Cardinals, thanks for the getaway day on Thursday.

I believe they generally try to avoid day games and the oppressive heat and humidity in St. Louis in July and August, as much as possible. They typically do the same thing in texas, KC, etc. With the Brewers needing only to travel to Milwaukee after the game - probably a wise decision. Were they headed to California or something, I assume they'd probably make it a day game.

I'm getting very annoyed at all the bandwagon Brewers fans all around now and also on this message board. I remember back a few years ago when there was not as many people (not that there is anything wrong with how it is now). It's probably a pet peeve of mine but I dispise all bandwagoners!

Just think of bandwagoners as Cub fans spending their money here. They also help make more Brewer items available in the stores. I remember 10 years ago when I had to special-order a Brewer sweatshirt in a sports apparel store in the Fox cities - at Christmas, no less.

EDIT: spelinng lesnns givn, inkwire withni. I know, the preview button is my friend.

The one thing thats nice about bandwagoners, is that they might get caught up in the team and follow the team regardless of success. Everyone has to get started somewhere, let's just hope they lose the label.

Otherwise, yeah, you're right.

Edit: my wording was bad.

It's probably a pet peeve of mine but I dispise all bandwagoners!

I hear you -- bandwagoners will dump a ton of $$$$ into the team though -- maybe that will help your annoyance http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Not when I do not like to order tickets in advance and had to get them on ebay, for the terrace no less.

wallus wrote:

Not when I do not like to order tickets in advance and had to get them on ebay, for the terrace no less.

I really miss being able to buy tickets the day before a game or day of. This year I had all my tickets for the year(and parking) bought within a week of tickets going on sale. Even my tickets for September 7th.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived