Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 4)

Buck butchered the player introductions -- Justin "Duck-sher"? The guy is only MLB's ERA leader and is making his second All-Star game -- you should know it's "Duke-sher".

To be fair, in the 1st inning, Buck did admit to his screw up.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My vent is about Joe Buck and Tim McCarver

Ugh-reed. Those two are simply awful. In summation, I watched the HR Derby with the sound turned off (or, as I now like to call it, 'RickReillyproofed') for ~ 75% of its duration, and the ASG with the sound off for ~ 2/3 of its run.

Now, TV tells me that it cares about me the viewer, but the most important sporting events tend to get covered by the most obnoxious blowhard talking heads. That certainly doesn't seem to match up with 'caring about the viewers'. Hey, at least there won't be any more Billy Packer Final Fours... gotta start somewhere!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I'm hoping that by Friday, Braun learns not to swing at the o-2 pitch 12 inches off the plate. Think man think!

I heard somewhere that Braun talked to Pujols over the break about "plate discipline and stuff" (paraphrasing). Hopefully that means he'll go from good player to HOFer in a matter of days http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif.

No TV tomorrow 2nd game after the All-Star Break? What is FSN showing instead, the 19th re-running of Gary Sheffield Beyond the Glory or some UCLA baseball again?

Absolutely freaking ridiculous.

Isnt it because FOX has a Saturday game? Any game that starts during that time cannot be shown on TV. So I think you should blame the Giants for scheduling a game at that time. If im wrong, I apologize.

Someone mentioned it in the other thread.

The FOX blackout rule is incredibly stupid. Why is the St. Louis/San Diego match-up deemed more worthy of being shown on TV? Why can't the Giants schedule their game after 6? It's not like it's getaway day or anything.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Can somebody tell Bill and Brian that CC doesn't throw an 83 mph cutter? That's his slider.

In an interview CC did with Bill after his first start, CC told the story about how he learned to throw his "cutter". He said he was basically just screwing around with his pitching coach during the All-Star Break a few years ago, and they suggested that he try to throw a cutter. I forget how he explained it, but CC said he's always called it a cutter even though he throws it the same way he throws his slider. Since then, Brian and Bill have acted like they got some kind of scoop and they call everything that looks like it a cutter, even though it could just as easily be his slider.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived