Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 4)

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But no one.. NO ONE was impressed with my list!?!?!?! NO ONE?!?!?!

I thought it was a good list, but comparing Patterson to anyone on my favorite team has me in denial.

And Mota and Gagne need to be released. I don't care how much of the payroll is invested in them, I'm convinced we can get at least the same production from DiFelice/Pena/McClung and likely better.

-There was a stadium-wide wave while the Reds were batting with 2 on in the 8th. Enough said?

-The people in front of me left in the middle of the 8th to "beat traffic."

-The Pittsburgh Pirates suck.

-We have to be getting close to the end of the line with Rickie Weeks.

While trying to get rid of my two extra tickets (at below face value, in the designated resale section), a scalper says to me "Missy, this isn't amateur hour, why don't you go over there (point to less desirable location)?" So I tell the guy he's selling to (who hasn't given him money yet) that my pair of tickets is only $20. Scalper must then sell his tickets (which were probably much better than mine) for $20. HA.

And bucks, the wave killed me too. It went around the park 4 times, without any cool variations. Unoriginal, and unnecessary.

ewiz, that's awesome. Way to stick it to the man! I would have loved to have been the guy that bought your tickets. Or at least seen his face when you mentioned that your tickets were only $20.

too bad you can't sell gasoline and do the same thing.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

While trying to get rid of my two extra tickets (at below face value, in the designated resale section), a scalper says to me "Missy, this isn't amateur hour, why don't you go over there (point to less desirable location)?" So I tell the guy he's selling to (who hasn't given him money yet) that my pair of tickets is only $20. Scalper must then sell his tickets (which were probably much better than mine) for $20. HA.
I love how desperate the ticket resale business has become. When I was 16yrs old, I worked for a ticket broker in Sarasota, FL. I mostly did odds and ends around the office, built his website and gained nothing but the upmost respect for the business. He ran a clean gig. Basically, a majority of his clients were wealthy and well to do and dont have the time to buy tickets the conventional way, much less the first ten rows of a concert or big event. So they call him and business is done. He never had guys out at the venue, re-selling tickets he couldn't sell. Today... the rate at which I see pieces of garbage w/ gold teeth, missing teeth, dressed in garb that I wouldn't attend a fast food restaurant in, holding tickets in one hand and a sign reading "need tickets" in the other is incredibly disturbing. And then to act as if a regular joe-schmo just trying to get half his investment back in the vicinity is stealing from their livelihood...give me a break.

(fixed code --1992)

My unique vent/question is why do we have to wait for Suppan to get healthy in order to move out Mota (or any BP albatross)? Why can't we swap Mota out and then make an independent move when Suppan returns.

Because Gagne could get hurt or fall apart before Suppan gets back?

After Suppan gets back they should probably look at using Bush or McClung in short relief. Or Villanueva. Even if they aren't ideally suited to it their ill fit would still be better than Mota or Gagne.

The nerve of Braun/Hart not getting hits off Cliff Lee, Ervin Santana, Joe Nathan, K Rod, and Mariano Rivera.

I'll be sure to remember that when I'm watching Game 7 of the World Series on TV instead of in the Loge Bleachers. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Braun and Hart didn't play especially well but they were no Dan Uggla. I feel bad for the guy. And I think Hart made a pretty decent throw to the plate, if it would have been a foot to the left, Morneau was a goner but it wasn't that bad of a throw

Now what am I suppose to do today and tommorrow?

I was also disappointed with our showing. It's not that they were bad, just that they didn't shine and it would have been nice to really show up on such a big stage. And while it's nice to not Ben's 3 Ks, you should also mention the 2BBs in 2 innings.

sure they didn't do well at the plate, but when was the last time that Milwaukee Brewer players had 6 at-bats in an all-star game? Oh, yeah, never. So, I'm happy that they got some exposure.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Well, the hit wasn't a hit, so I give Sheets 2 BB and 3 Ks. Not horrible, not great.

How dare you defame the Greatest Living Yankee Derek Jeter!?

Seriously, though, I loved watching Sheets pitch against the best in the AL and making their knees buckle. I would love a YouTube video of Jeter's first AB against Sheets, when Ben dropped in a curveball right down the middle for a strike and had Jeter bailing out with his knees buckling because he thought it was going to hit him. Priceless.

My vent is about Joe Buck and Tim McCarver. McCarver has less of an idea of what's going on in the game than Bob Uecker does these days, and Buck butchered the player introductions -- Justin "Duck-sher"? The guy is only MLB's ERA leader and is making his second All-Star game -- you should know it's "Duke-sher".

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Meh, who cares how the guys did in the game? Aside from maybe Babe Ruth's homer in the first one, Ted Williams' homer, Fred Lynn's grand slam, and Pete Rose's demolishing of Ray Fosse, nobody remembers what anyone did an All-Star game.

EDIT: I cared how they did during the game, as I want my guys to do well, but it will all be forgotten (save the 15 inning part of it) very soon.

Archived