Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 4)

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As far as last night's game, I know everyone wants to rip the bullpen, and they mainly deserve it, but the offense last night was pretty anemic. They kept getting guys on, and it seemed like there was no attempt to move runners or manufacture runs. Every Brewers batter seemed to go up with the intent to hit one out of the ballpark. 2 runs in 9 innings isn't going to win too many games. Volquez pitched a great game, but it was quite winnable for a while. I think the Brewers offense blew about three or four chances to tie the game last night. Maybe that would have changed the complexion of the game. We'll never know.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

What difference did Gagne make to the game last night?? If anything he did his job in the 8th, it was Yost bringing him back out for the 9th. Didn't Yost learn and even admit that Gagne can't pitch in 2 different innings resting between innings????

Even if Gagne would have pitched 1,2,3 in the 9th it wasn't going to help. 2 runs folks. We just got shut down again by an All-Star.

I guess we could put all the blame on Mc Clung for giving up the HR to Dunn and slam him.

What difference did Gagne make to the game last night?? If anything he did his job in the 8th, it was Yost bringing him back out for the 9th. Didn't Yost learn and even admit that Gagne can't pitch in 2 different innings resting between innings????

Even if Gagne would have pitched 1,2,3 in the 9th it wasn't going to help. 2 runs folks. We just got shut down again by an All-Star.

I guess we could put all the blame on Mc Clung for giving up the HR to Dunn and slam him.

Come on now, if an MLB pitcher can't pitch in 2 seperate innings he has no business being in the MLB.

And he didn't pitch the 2nd inning at Arizona because???

Again, if he would have pitched 1,2,3 what would the score have ended???

What wre Gagne stats in the last couple outings???

And how many times has a relief pitcher pitched in 2 different innings?

I see your point, but I've been repeatedly chastised here for unnecessarily "blaming everything on Yost." So I have decided to focus my ire on Gagne.

It's the vent thread- people are allowed to vent here about whatever they want whether it makes sense or not (within the TOS, of course).

my vent is that this thread is misnamed. it should be called the knee jerk, emotional overreaction thread. boo hoo, we've had a rough stretch and we've only got the third best record in the nl.

My vent is about people who continue to criticize those who post in the vent thread. Maybe we shoud start an "Everything is Sunshine and Lillies" thread for those people.

BTW, the Reds start some dude who is 0-3 with an 8.76 ERA. I predict his line will be: 7IP, 2H, 0ER, 9K's (career high).

i don't have a problem with people venting, but at least vent about the right thing. mota and gagne posts after last night? after the first inning they had three runs. at the end of the game we had two. how exactly did gagne contribute to the loss?

sveumrules[/b]]i don't have a problem with people venting, but at least vent about the right thing. mota and gagne posts after last night? after the first inning they had three runs. at the end of the game we had two. how exactly did gagne contribute to the loss?

He contributed, along with Mota, by taking the wind out the the Brewers' sails. It's a lot different when your offense goes to bat in the 9th down 2 runs instead of 6. Granted, as long as the offense refuses to play small ball and protect the plate with 2 freaking strikes, this team is going nowhere. By the way, we all need to forget the argument about Weeks leading off. I want to know why is he even on this team anymore? He needs to be traded yesterday and we need to aquire a quality 2nd baseman like Brian Roberts. I'm sick of seeing 10+ k's per night in the boxscore and Weeks is always good for 2 of them plus an error. Going back to Mota and Gagne, I feel the only option is to take them deep into the woods with a rifle and give them both the Old Yeller treatment.

my vent is that this thread is misnamed. it should be called the knee jerk, emotional overreaction thread. boo hoo, we've had a rough stretch and we've only got the third best record in the nl.

Last year we had the best record in the NL.

Maybe we should start an "Everything is Sunshine and Lillies" thread for those people.

Here would be a better title: -- Where ignorance is bliss, 'Tis folly to be wise. -- Thomas Gray.

Come on now, if an MLB pitcher can't pitch in 2 separate innings he has no business being in the MLB.

Amen. Gagne only pitched to one batter in the 8th and threw 4-5 pitches. If he can't finish out the 9th he needs to be DFAd ASAP.My

My unique vent/question is why do we have to wait for Suppan to get healthy in order to move out Mota (or any BP albatross)? Why can't we swap Mota out and then make an independent move when Suppan returns.

i don't have a problem with people venting, but at least vent about the right thing. mota and gagne posts after last night? after the first inning they had three runs. at the end of the game we had two. how exactly did gagne contribute to the loss?
Neither Mota or Gagne contributed to the loss. They did however pitch poorly yet again and contribute nothing to this team.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Gagne, Mota and Riske's failures have caused Yost to foolishly over-rely on Shouse, especially in the eighth. I have less of a problem with using Shouse as a Loogy or a 6th or 7th inning guy. Can only blame Yost so far; look at what he has to work with! We need another power arm, and they are costly commodities.

Homer Bailey is awful. Brewers can't do squat against him. Not surprising, but I'm sure we'll hear about how their suck-itude against pitchers who normally throw beach balls is just a myth.

All I know is that now we've been owned by Nelson Figueroa, Glendon Rusch, and Homer Bailey all in the first half of the season - and that's just off the top of my head. There's probably more.

who is the brewers base running coach ?

But i agree The Rickie Weeks Experiment has to end and take Cameron and Mota and gagne with you.

This team hitters are so overated and none of them are Clutch hitter except for tyhe Guy Ned Took out of the lineup

Archived