Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 4)

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i feel like everytime i look to see who the opposing pitcher is, and i see bronson arroyo or jorge campillo or any scrub pitcher for that matter thats stats would be 5 times worse if he had never faced the brewers, i feel as though we have no chance. i know the stats are out there to disprove it, but its frustrating that i can't even feel like we have a good chance of winning when jorge campillo and ben sheets are facing off.

i don't read absolutely everything TH writes, but it seems like he's been quickly falling off the hill as far as unbias journalist and onto the side of overly-emotional fan. if he used more than the stats he gleamed from wire articles, that'd sure be a big help.

I hate when people in the media/broadcast say things like "he's bound to come around at some point" Simply because a player had high projections, doesn't mean they're garunteed to be a super star. They did it again today with both Rickie Weeks and Homer Bailey.

His blog entry on the lineup today was unneccessarily snarky. At this point it seems like he's going out of his way to second guess every move Ned makes. Way to patch up that relationship Tom.

It's hard to believe a guy that spends so much time around the game still can somehow have the mentality and second guess nature of a casual fan.

His blog entry on the lineup today was unneccessarily snarky. At this point it seems like he's going out of his way to second guess every move Ned makes. Way to patch up that relationship Tom.

"Snarky" is exactly right. His last few blog posts on the lineups have just reeked with it. I don't always like Ned's lineups, either, but TH's tone is becoming increasingly off-putting.

If Hardy is in the lineup today I am going to lose it. Hardy hasn't got a hit since July 28th and has only walked once in his hit less streak right now with 10 strike outs I believe it is. Hardy is playing worse than Hall at his worst time this year.

nate, did you lose it more after you saw hardy's name in the lineup or after he went 2 for 5 with a run scored?

I'm sick to the back teeth of 20 posts immediately following the announcement of the lineup which have "I hate Yost" or "why is/isn't so-and-so playing?". Games in which we invariably go on to win. Show me a manager that doesn't change the lineup and I'll show you a bar softball team with 10 players...

The complaints weren't about lineup changes, but about using less than the best options. No one in those posts tries to use results as an indicator that the best option was actually played.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

So Yahoo Sports has this Who's Hot & Who's Not section on their MLB page. It is based on stats from the last 7 days. Take a wild guess who is listed as Who's Not?

If you guessed CC Sabathia you already looked. Yeah he of the 2.16 ERA in the last 7 days. (Not condoning use of ERA but that is the main statistic Yahoo uses for this thing)

This isn't so much a vent, but rather a "What the Heck" moment.

I know there is a thread on this but this is a Yost bash/vent:

Seriously.....starting Counsell at 3rd again tonight? He is just a complete idiot....there is no way around it. I can't wait to see the line-ups he throws out there in the playoffs.

I know there is a thread on this but this is a Yost bash/vent:

Seriously.....starting Counsell at 3rd again tonight? He is just a complete idiot....there is no way around it. I can't wait to see the line-ups he throws out there in the playoffs.

came here to post the exact same thing. it is seriously mind blowing. here are power craigs august starts:

date box

8-11 1-4

8-8 0-3

8-6 0-5

8-5 0-4

8-4 2-4

8-2 1-4

as rulz pointed out. If he wants his glove in the field then use him at position where it matters most, like short or second. His continued play at 3rd and hitting in the 6 hole is just another peak into neds genius.

rluzinski[/b]]This Counsell situation is driving me insane. Can Melvin just call Yost already and tell him to stop acting like an idiot? It's embarrassing.

But we're winning.

In all honesty, I just don't think Ned likes the 3TO style of play, as I think someone said about a week back. When Yost came out and said he thought Russell was done as a player before this year's resurgence, I found that to be a backhanded compliment in a way, especially from a guy who never shows any negativity towards his players through the media.

2 walks for Craig today all but guarantees his presence in the starting lineup tomorrow. This is my anticipation vent. You blow my mind Ned Yost. You completely blow my mind and defy all logic and reasoning. I feel like going to work tomorrow and start working with a paper and pencil rather than my computer, just because the paper and pencil create a gritty feeling in my hand compared to my more productive laptop.

Here's my vent. Yesterday we're told that we shouldn't have Counsell starting discussions in the IGT, now the 3B thread is locked. So what are we supposed to do now? Ridiculous that that thread was locked.

Like a lot of you apparently, I don't see any reason why Counsell is suddenly getting all these starts. It's getting to the point now where I am just assuming Branyan or Hall have some undisclosed injury, because if they don't, than Yost really has lost it to a degree. I just hope that if somehow Hall or Branyan get a start tomorrow against one of the top pitchers in the league and go 0-4 or 1-5, Yost doesn't use that as an excuse to give Counsell even more starts down the road. The best hitters in the league can look lost against that guy.

I feel somewhat guilty even complaining about anything right now when the team is going so good, but I can't help but feel we are winning despite Counsell, not because of him.

Oh, just realized, this is my first post here after about 3 years of lurking. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

welcome, rhett!

Counsell can play all he wants as long as we keep winning games.

I know that Branyan and Hall (and Rivera) can be ticked about their PT right now but the bottom line is that this team is winning.

Counsell starting all these games has not been an issue in my household. Heck, I've barely noticed he's playing anyways. And the team is winning. I can understand the venting if we were losing games BECAUSE of Counsell. But we're winning IN SPITE of Counsell.

Since this is the vent thread, I had better vent about something: I will vent about the people in the IGT that will heed an administrator's advice with sarcasm when making comments about the Brewers and their lineup.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Whatever TWR's post was here... pretty sure I'm just glad it was hidden.

This Counsell situation is driving me insane. Can Melvin just call Yost already and tell him to stop acting like an idiot? It's embarrassing.

Yeah... losing faith in Melvin right along with ya Russ. Really has me concerned.

My only vent is that I will forever regret missing out on getting back in on the Tao-ism Counsell-ism A-Branyan-ism discussion before the 3B Options thread got locked. Many tears in my eyes, though, so thanks all. Counsell doesn't strike out! OMG!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Whatever TWR's post was here... pretty sure I'm just glad it was hidden.

This Counsell situation is driving me insane. Can Melvin just call Yost already and tell him to stop acting like an idiot? It's embarrassing.

Yeah... losing faith in Melvin right along with ya Russ. Really has me concerned.

My only vent is that I will forever regret missing out on getting back in on the Tao-ism Counsell-ism A-Branyan-ism discussion before the 3B Options thread got locked. Many tears in my eyes, though, so thanks all. Counsell doesn't strike out! OMG!

I don't know if you remember, but when Branyan was first called up and was on fire, we had a discussion about how Ned would handle Branyan once he inevitably went into one of his notorious deep slumps.

My feeling was once Branyan cooled off, his part of being in a platoon would come to a swift end. I'm not posting this to pat myself on the back because i don't care for Branyan being banished to a pinch hitter role so Counsell can hit 6th in the order four times a week. I'm just saying that people should have seen this coming, Ned just doesn't really care for hitters like Branyan, regardless if his OPS dwarfs what Craig brings.

I just hope if we make the playoffs, by that point, something will have happened that our main thirdbaseman isn't a guy with an OPS that's struggling to stay above .600.

Archived