Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 4)

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are now dead last in the NL hitting with runners in scoring position, with a .239 average. Hitting .239 as an entire lineup for the entire season with runners at 2nd or 3rd. Simply put, that's downright horrible.

I have always thought that hitting with RISP is more luck than anything, and most teams should be right around where they are hitting as a team. I'm not even sure that's the case anymore. We seem to have some players who are pretty mentally fragile at the plate and, for whatever reason, press when they have a chance to knock in runners and fail to get the job done time and time again.

I'm not placing blame and I'm not even sure who is to blame, but this can't continue. This lineup is far too talented for that kind of failure. There's no excuse that they shouldn't at least be around the middle of the pack hitting with RISP. They were doing it at the beginning of the season.

There's no excuse that they shouldn't at least be around the middle of the pack hitting with RISP.

If you are going to use BA as the measure with RISP, you shouldn't necessarily expect them to be middle of the pack. They sit at 11th overall overall in BA.

And if I have to vent about something, it's that the Journal-Sentinal published a letter from someone accusing Sheets of having a big ego. Ben? HUH!?

rluzinski wrote:

And if I have to vent about something, it's that the Journal-Sentinal published a letter from someone accusing Sheets of having a big ego. Ben? HUH!?

The JS and TH have been pretty bad for the last week. TH had big news about Attanasio selling his beach home on Friday. Add his ill timed blog on Weeks, who is getting better now, and they are way off lately.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

It's hard to be angry all things considered. Yeah, I get bothered by a lot of the same things people have posted here...but...they're 12 over, winning on the road and the Wild Card is theirs to lose. This is great stuff. The last 4 years have been pretty good and considering they don't drop to <= .500 (unlikely) they will have 2 winning seasons, a .500 season and a season lost due to injury. I guess this isn't the silver lining thread...but I'm just venting about the vent thread. I agree with most everyone but I'm also happy with where the organization has gone,.

The letters in the Sunday morning sports section are notoriously ridiculous. I swear they publish the most laughable letters they receive. Earlier this season, somebody wrote that the Brewers "need to play players like Gwynn and Counsell" if they wish to play at a championship level. Reading those letters is a Sunday morning treat.

My vent:

People venting on Weeks when he's finally been productive, completely refusing to be objective. Picking one, two, or three plays at most that leads us to the definitive, 'Weeks has to go!'

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

My vent:

People venting on Weeks when he's finally been productive, completely refusing to be objective. Picking one, two, or three plays at most that leads us to the definitive, 'Weeks has to go!'

Like his 0-3 tonight and 2 SO's or his watching a pitch yesterday with 2nd and 3rd?

Like his 0-3 tonight and 2 SO's or his watching a pitch yesterday with 2nd and 3rd?

Yes, that's exactly the kind of lack of objectivity I was talking about.

This is the vent thread. And Rickie ran into two outs in the Houston series. He had a terrible baserunning error against the Cubs and is an undisciplined hitter at the plate. 1-5 is not cutting it batting leadoff.

Postseason2006 wrote:

This is the vent thread. And Rickie ran into two outs in the Houston series. He had a terrible baserunning error against the Cubs and is an undisciplined hitter at the plate. 1-5 is not cutting it batting leadoff.

You are really making TLB's case for him.

I really don't care what people vent in this thread. It does bother me that the stuff you have posted in this thread is eerily similar to things others have posted in other threads as support of their arguments. The vents as arguments are tiresome.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

My vent:

Maybe some want him gone, but most i see just want Durham to get more starts this season, then the offseason can dictate Weeks fate going forward.

As for him finally being productive, i just don't agree that he really has when everything is factored in. Yea his hitting has finally been better than terrible compared to the first three months of sub-.700 OPS numbers. With that said, it's not like he's on some great tear at the plate either and during this better than crap hitting stretch, Weeks has been flat out brutal defensively and had a couple brainfarts running the bases.

So given the blowing of at least 4 double plays, other shaky plays with the glove, and baserunning blunders during his better hitting stretch, all those other screw ups negated a lot of any value his finally hitting decent brought to the team.

If say a quarterback is finally completing passes at a better percentage and throwing some touchdowns after struggling with that for quite awhile, but during that time is also throwing to many interceptions and fumbled a few times, it negates a lot or most of the good from the increased better percentage and touchdowns. Weeks isn't a DH, other things he does besides hit factor into the overall value he's bringing to the team.

I really don't care what people vent in this thread. It does bother me that the stuff you have posted in this thread is eerily similar to things others have posted in other threads as support of their arguments. The vents as arguments are tiresome.

Again, show me what Rickie has done to warrant criticism?

I am tired of those people saying what a great job Rickie has done but can't show anything besides his mediocre BA and OPS in the last month disregarding his baserunning errors and his errors at crucial moments.

Do you ever think if Rickie makes that play against the Cubs the series might have turned out any different?

Do you ever think if Rickie makes that play against the Cubs the series might have turned out any different?

Yes it definitely would have turned out differently. The first game was the only competitive game of the series and the Brewers couldn't handle the early blow from the Cubs. If the Brewers win that game then we make a loud statement that we won't go down easy to the Cubs. The rest of the series would have been much more competitive and our team would look much more confident today.

Can someone on the team get a hit with runners on please?

If Hardy is in the lineup today I am going to lose it. Hardy hasn't got a hit since July 28th and has only walked once in his hit less streak right now with 10 strike outs I believe it is. Hardy is playing worse than Hall at his worst time this year.

Archived