Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 4)

Looking back at the vastness of Brewer history I can remember just one stretch that matches this one and that was in 1979.

Back then, ironically the same week of the season, the Brewers, flush from sweeping the Yankees at County Stadium, dropped 6 of the next 7 to the front running Orioles and second place Red Sox, culminating in a 19-5 debacle of a loss to the Red Sox in the 2nd game of a doubleheader. I remember feeling at the time much as I do now. That the Brewers were just not emotionally mature enough to handle the pressure with the stakes raised.

That team rebounded as soon as they got back on the road and won like 15 of the next 19, but the damage was done and the division hopes dashed.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate Jim Edmonds. On the downside of his career, looks like he's completely washed up to the point where he simply can't compete for anybody anymore, then he dons a Cubs uniform and exclaims, "Hey, wait a minute! I've got it again!" Ass.

I can't deal with this series. It's the only matchups in the entire season where I get angry all the time. When Edmonds hit that GS, I had to stop myself from making a scene in my office.

If we were playing ANY other team, I wouldn't care so much.

The phone calls and texts have been fast and furious from my Cubs fan friends. And good on them. This has been a shameful beating, one whose ramifications we may not understand until late September. Kings of the Central. July's Champions. Your Chicago Cubs. Good, good, good. I wonder if these motherless swine will be taking phone calls and returning texts when the worm turns. But again, thanks for calling, and thank the Lord I'm not within fist-reach.

How can Brewers season ticket holders sell out to Cubs fans and continue to allow them to fill the lower levels of the stadium? Why wouldn't you want to be at these games instead of selling your tickets? Do they actually need the money? Are these seats all corporate seats and Cubs fans get equal access? So disheartening to see so many Cubs fans in prime seating.

Well, we're not winning the division, that is painfully obvious. Have to just prevent from a complete meltdown now though. This series reminds me of the Cards/Braves series at the end of last year, where the team just completely melted down.

Wouldn't be surprised to see this team go into a major tailspin after this series.

any idea what the cubs fans paid for those seats, just curious

A lot.

I have friends with season tix in the upper behind home plate. Decent seats really. Anyways, as a season tix holder it's buy 1 get 1 free up there and they have a $10.00 face so its absicaly $5.00 a pop for them. They sold them on Stubhub for $100.00 a seat. This returned all they spent on season tix. The got free season tix selling these last 4 games.

Adding to the misery of this past week for me is the fact that super-prospect Mat Gamel has been sort of bad for like a month now. His overall numbers are still very impressive, but he seems to have hit a bit of a wall. The home run totals have sure dried up. I think he has hit like 1 home run in the past 5 weeks.

The point is that I can sometimes look to the minor leagues for a bit of a pick-me-up when the parent club is playing poorly. I couldn't even do that this past week.

I'm scared to death that this road trip will feature the Brewers losing their composure and 2 of 3 in Atlanta, followed by a Valentin walkoff hit and another series loss in the Great American Bandbox, resulting in a 7GB standing (and trailing 2 teams in the WC) by the time they return to MP.

I'm scared to death that this road trip will feature the Brewers losing their composure and 2 of 3 in Atlanta, followed by a Valentin walkoff hit and another series loss in the Great American Bandbox, resulting in a 7GB standing (and trailing 2 teams in the WC) by the time they return to MP.

Hmm, I was kind of thinking a long road trip was exactly what they need.

Brewers need to take at least 5 of the next 6 games to regain their mojo.

The main thing that needs to happen is the brewers need to learn to hit with RISP and take some Pitches.

The second is improve their Base Running and Defense.

Finally Ned needs to show he can be a Playoff manager.

Funny how Haudricourt defended Yost no matter what until the badger blogger debacle and now he is showing how he really feels. TH has absolutely no objectivity whatsoever; when he and Yost were buddy buddy yost could do no wrong but once the relationship became strained TH all of a sudden feels free to criticize clueless Ned.

I'm not so sure this is a vent as much as a worry, I am seriously starting to worry about this teams ability to score runs without hitting homers. Home runs are not as easy to come by in the post-season, and that doesn't bode well for this team.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived