Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 4)

Please Ned, give Corey a day off tomorrow. He just needs a "mental" day off. Put Kapler in and you better have Branyan at 3B against Harden. Heck, maybe JK needs a day off to, Rivera hits well when he gets a chance.

I don't think we have enough guys on the bench for the number of mental days off we need right now. Oh, Parra had more total bases than the entire team through 8 today....ouch!

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really sucks that the Cards happened to be facing the Braves this week while Atlanta's throwing in the towel for the '08 season. Tonight they didn't start a single player with an OPS above .770.

At least the Cards have to play Philly while the Brewers go down to Atlanta.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I did not see Tuesday's game, so apologies if this has indeed happened, but how have we made it three games into the series without Soriano being knocked down yet? The guy's been killing us at the plate; at the very least, wouldn't you try to make him a little uncomfortable up there? The evil side of me wants Dave Bush to put one right off his batting helmet in the 1st tomorrow, but the sensible side will settle for one right under his chin.

I suppose even if he was knocked down Tuesday and I didn't see it, it wouldn't be such a bad thing to try it again.

I am done with them for the weekend. I need a sabbatical. Now for my parting vents.

1) Who gives a you know what about who sold their tickets to who, and how Cubs fans act? SOUR GRAPES. Here's an answer to shut them up- WIN A FREAKING GAME. It's idiotic and makes us sound like a whiny fanbase. "But well, something NEEDS to be done about this!" WIN. WIN WIN WIN WIN. Turn the place into what PNC was for us.

2) Now pitchers cant run bases because it's 80 degrees out? Really Ned? I got an idea, lets put the hit and run on with your catcher on first and the pitcher up. What's next, a pitching platoon? Oh, wait...

3) I want a job with the security of Brewers hitting coach. I liken the Brewers to a basketball team that shoots a lot of three pointers. They're amazing on the nights they hit em, but are putrid to watch when they're not. That's no way to have your offense structured, reyling solely on the longball.

4) The Brewers are the biggest bunch of headcases I've seen. From Turnbow, on to Gagne, Mota, Weeks, Fielder, on and on and on. It's ridiculous. But they're coddled by their manager, so who needs to be tough when big bad Ned can protect you from blame or the evil media.

4.5) I really hope they don't waste their money going after Sheets. Throw the bank at CC. No sense keeping a guy who can't handle being 1a, and pitches like crap after that. What a mental midget. The spotlight's not all on him anymore and he can't handle it.

Why I put myself through this every year, I don't know. It's disgusting to collapse EVERY YEAR at this time. And there's a common denominator in that, and he's wearing #3 in the home dugout.

Marc,

I hear ya. I've been waiting since '82 for something. You have put into words what most of us here are thinking. FTJ, (who I think is one of the best posters here) had under his avator "Pure Yostian Hatred" which is summing up my opinion right now. Suppan left in to "battle" his way out. Sheets - 7 straight hits??? Holy cow Batman, you've gotta be kidding!! Everyone on this forum will agree, we've got the talent, but nothing is happening. We win on the road and then get slaughtered at home? In the beginning of the season, tell anybody that you're pitching Sabathia and Sheets and losing two in a row, you'll be called crazy. I hear a big gagging sound from 30 miles east of here.

p.s. My "Yosted" shirt is in danger of being worn out in the first year.

P.S. When I see AJAY, who is one of the most level-headed posters on this board, on a rant, things just aren't going right. Second edit:

AJAY is dead on, to boot.

I haven't caught the beginning of a single game in this series. Every time I turn the TV on, the Brewers are down 1-0. What's up with that? It just drives me nuts, why not just spot them the run to begin with? So I sit and watch a few innings of decent baseball before everything goes down the crapper. I also haven't watched the ending of a single game in this series. Tonight I just couldn't take it and I left to do more productive things. I'm usually pretty even keel when it comes to losing games, but for some reason, this series bothers me.

JMF, my take is that after all the hype and all the hope this was the series that the Crew was going to show what they are made of. Unfortunately, that showed us just that. I didn't even bother watching an inning of this game as I've dealt with enough disapointment this year. This series was supposed to be the one where the Crew breaks out, at least in our hopes, but the real world smacked us a good one upside the head.

While this might seem a downer of a post, it's still JULY! Two months of regular season baseball to go. I'm 41 and I still have to remind myself of that.

Patience, padawan. (all of us).

I've said it before and I will say it again... this team will never win a pennant with Ned Yost as their manager. They will get hot at times, but when something big is on the line his team will always play like it has the last three games. Putridly. Like father like son is to family as like manager like team is to baseball. Ned Yost is an idiot, so shall the team play like an idiot.

0 for 15 RISP this series.

"the Brewers have only three hits in (their last) 60 at-bats (.050) with RISP"

"Since the all-star break, the Brewers are hitting .156 (19 for 122) with RISP"

.239 average with RISP for the season.

"There's nothing you can do about it," manager Ned Yost said. "Just keep battling. It'll turn around. I don't think it's a major ordeal they're going through."

"Good pitching beats good hitting," he (Yost) said. "We've faced some really good pitchers. The majority of it is that."

"...several players have struggled to hit in the clutch all season. Rickie Weeks is batting .205 with RISP, J.J. Hardy .207, Jason Kendall .227, Mike Cameron .228 and Prince Fielder .232."

"We've been seeing a lot of sliders for our right-handed hitters," third baseman Bill Hall said. "Maybe we need to start 'sitting' on some with runners in scoring position because they are not giving us a lot of fastballs.

"Maybe we need to make some adjustments."

Gee, maybe they need to make some adjustments. Yeah, I think they do, but I could be wrong. I mean it's not like it's been a season long... umm, well I'm sure like Ned said, there's really nothing you can do about it. After 108 games you don't need to make any adjustments, just keep battling, that'll work.

I know we aren't this bad but darn it seems like the Brewers really wilt under pressure. There wasn't a whole lot of pressure on the road trip because they weren't playing at home and no one expects them to win that much on the road. Now they got home right in the thick of the division race and have looked absolutely awful, they are lucky the won the one Astros game.

Seriously these aren't young guys anymore, they have all had a couple years of experience, their inconsistency has no excuse anymore.

I can't believe that they aren't trying to make adjustments but it has to be someones fault that their aren't doing it. I still feel good about the wild card but for goodness sakes this series has been absolutely horrendous, we have to give it to the Cubs though to, there guys have stepped up and acted liked they've done this before, were acting like we haven't.

Oh and we get to face Harden today, fantastic.

After monday nights debacle I decided to take a few days off from Brewers baseball. This team never fails to disappoint. After a shocking 7-0 road trip of course the team has to fall apart on this homestand. How can anyone possibly belive in this team at this point. Somehow someway they will always find a way to disappoint and I blame the endless excuse maker clueless Ned for the way this team always finds a way to screw things up when things seem to be going well. After saturday we were tied for first and after today we will most likely be 5 out and behind in the wild card race.

This team will never make the playoffs as long as clueless Ned is leading this team.

This team is so not fundementally sound it pathetic, They just are not good enough to win their Division . The LOB is really sad and that been a achillis heel for a few years and we need to find a hitter to help with that. The brewers were lucky to beat the cards and not the cubs with their healthy lineup has just rolled through the brewers and their Pitching. This team is almost back to being in 3rd place and out of the playoffs all within a week. Melvin fixed the pitching but overlooked the Pathetic Hitting,and what worse we can't blame Yost for the team lack of Hitting.

"Maybe we need to make some adjustments."

MAYBE?!

I hate Ned Yost's decision making process of late. Moronic. What I hate more is seemingly every hitter except for Fielder folding like a greeting card lately. Embarassing.

"Maybe we need to start 'sitting' on some with runners in scoring position because they are not giving us a lot of fastballs

You see, Bill, there's this thing called strike zone discipline. I don't expect you to know much about it, since you show us time & time again that yours is just about the worst if not the worst on the team. You, Braun, Hart, Hardy -- all these RHB have been scouted that you sit on fastballs & don't have the discipline to lay off breaking pitches outside the zone. As TH said, it's 'Big Boy' time, and time to stop acting like the pitchers are supposed to make your job easy for you. Get a clue.

Oh, and Yost... stop playing guys on incorrect matchups. God knows Branyan's bat & discipline would help right now.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

So sickening to watch this team play horrible Plate discpline and the worst baserunning I have seen.

Well if we don't make the playoff or Sign CC ,it going to be fun watching Laporta in Cleveland also with the 4 Prospect. The Brewers should be ashamed of themselves w their Preformance in front of their Fans ( along with the Cubs Fans). The Brewers have hit their biggest Low point and they show no signs of busting out of this. They need to almost have to sweep Atlanta to get some respect back.

But at least we can say we were at least tied for First 5 days ago.

It seems to old brewer fans that this is what we come to expect another non playoff season.

But the good thing is that at least they will draw close to 3 Mil and went for It all this season.

Next year if they loose CC and Ben this team will be one of the worst in baseball no reason to see that much hope with the undisciplined approach the team take at bat and in the field.

Finally if the miss the playoffs their should be No way we see #5 in the Dugout next season.

Archived