Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 4)

There could be 5,000 Cub fans in the crowd and that's all we'd hear being down 7-0. I have zero problem with them coming up here. We start dominating the division, Cub fans will stay away.

The problem I have is that our offense gets pull happy in big games. Zambrano lived on the outside half tonight. Every first pitch was a fast ball high or away in the strike zone. Skaalen has to see that all of his batters are trying to hit the ball 500 feet, even with 2 strikes!!! When Hardy, Hall, Braun, Hart, Prince, or Weeks are going well, they are taking that pitch the other way.

Not to pat myself on the back, but I posted that before the series started. It's in the In Game Thread from Monday.

I heard HUGE cheers when our team struck out at the plate well before it was 7-0...more like when it was 1-0. Disgusting.

I also disagree that things will change if we start "dominating the division". Cubs fans will not stay away. I would imagine the Cubs are the 3rd most popular team in baseball? That's just a hunch, but throw in the fact we are divisional rivals and it only adds to things. There MUST be some way to stop this, and if I were the owner I'd hire a team of people to brainstorm ways of surpressing it.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it me, or do the Brewers always seem to embarrass themselves at home against the Cubs. Wrigley does not seem to be an issue, but at Miller Park, in front of all those condescending jackasses, the Crew just seems to consistently implode. I don't know if it's poor managing, trying too hard, or the crowd getting in their heads, but it's getting ridiculous. I can no longer watch these games as the potential outcome makes me miserable. Even if they win, the overall stress is not worth it. I actually watched Bridezillas tonight after the Cubs scored their first run as I could sense the inevitable. I must be getting sick.

My vent has quickly turned to all the people I've seen griping on the board the past two days about season ticket holders selling their tickets to Cubs fans, the majority of whom don't seem to be going to the park this week themselves. If you're not going to buy a ticket and get to the park, quit complaining about what other people do with their tickets or complaining that Mark A. isn't doing anything about it.

Full Disclosure: I had tickets to Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday. I sold Tuesday's set to my friend who is a Cubs fan, for face value. I attended Monday and will be attending Wednesday and desperately hoping it goes nothing like the previous two games.

The Brewers, always seemingly finding a way to embarrass themselves at the biggest moments. Go on a 8 game winning streak then come home where you've dominated this year... and stink. Against your biggest rival and division leader the Cubs and one of the worst teams in baseball, the Astros. They need to get their act together because this does matter. We're "going for it" this year aren't we? It can't be all for naught.

What's sad is that Yost will probably keep his job no matter what.

My vent has quickly turned to all the people I've seen griping on the board the past two days about season ticket holders selling their tickets to Cubs fans, the majority of whom don't seem to be going to the park this week themselves. If you're not going to buy a ticket and get to the park, quit complaining about what other people do with their tickets or complaining that Mark A. isn't doing anything about it.
I'm sorry. I live over 400 miles from Miller Park. I'm lucky if I can get there once a year, because while I know many of you find this shocking, my wife doesn't view Milwaukee as an ideal family vacation spot. Beyond that, I have a job that doesn't really allow me to take time off on a whim so I can drive 400 miles with $4 a gallon gas to watch the Brewers, as much as I may want to do that.

So, in short, pound sand. If I could, I'd be all over EBay and Craigslist to buy the extra Brewers-Cubs tickets so the Cubs "fans" couldn't get them. Then I'd find the person selling them and punch them. But that's not realistic.

What drives me batty is that the Brewers have barely made an effort to stop allowing their franchise to be embarrassed and their stadium overrun by fans of the visiting team, whether it be the Twins or Cubs. Similarly, the Vikings don't do crap about all the Packer fans showing up to the Metrodome, either.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

What drives me batty is that the Brewers have barely made an effort to stop allowing their franchise to be embarrassed and their stadium overrun by fans of the visiting team, whether it be the Twins or Cubs. Similarly, the Vikings don't do crap about all the Packer fans showing up to the Metrodome, either.

They have done some things. Remember the "take back Miller Park" rally a couple years back?

Really, this whole argument is silly. Once someone buys a ticket, there is absolutely NOTHING the Brewers can do to prevent that person from re-selling the ticket to anyone they want. Why can't people just accept that reality? I think the best solution is for the Brewers to win a pennant...so many Wisconsin fans will want tickets the following year, and actually want to attend the games, the amount being sold to Cubs fans will likely go down. Other than that, there is no magic solution that Mr. Attanasio can use to prevent people from re-selling their tickets. Nothing. Get over it.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

They have done some things. Remember the "take back Miller Park" rally a couple years back?

Really, this whole argument is silly. Once someone buys a ticket, there is absolutely NOTHING the Brewers can do to prevent that person from re-selling the ticket to anyone they want. Why can't people just accept that reality? I think the best solution is for the Brewers to win a pennant...so many Wisconsin fans will want tickets the following year, and actually want to attend the games, the amount being sold to Cubs fans will likely go down. Other than that, there is no magic solution that Mr. Attanasio can use to prevent people from re-selling their tickets. Nothing. Get over it.

We have had 23 sellouts this year that weren't for Cubs games.

Doesn't seem to me that our problem is that not enough people want to attend the games. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

my vent is people arguing with people or making snarky comments in the vent thread. If someone feels the sky is falling, the season is over or we'll never win a game for the rest of they year, they should be allowed to come here and vent without any backlash.

I wouldn't be concerned about all the Cubs fans at Miller Park. They are like locusts and are impossible to stop. The concern should be with the Crew's inability to shut them up.

Agreed on your main point, but I think Cubs fans are more like fleas or bed bugs. You know, bloodsuckers but not exactly ...

My vent is people using the Silver Lining thread to get a crack in about Yost. There are plenty of other places to do that on this board! Try the "Official Yost Thread" maybe, or the "Vent" thread. Makes me sick.

I can't stand how often we choke once we get the national spotlight. We all !@%+$ when we're the butt of a joke on SportsCenter or the last highlight on Baseball Tonight, but the fact of the matter is, any time someone outside the Midwest starts paying attention and we get nationally televised, we screw the pooch. It's SOOO frustrating.

We're never going to get any cred/respect from anyone because of things like this series and the Boston series.

I can't stand how often we choke once we get the national spotlight. We all !@%+$ when we're the butt of a joke on SportsCenter or the last highlight on Baseball Tonight, but the fact of the matter is, any time someone outside the Midwest starts paying attention and we get nationally televised, we screw the pooch. It's SOOO frustrating.

We're never going to get any cred/respect from anyone because of things like this series and the Boston series.

Agreed. When's the last time the Brewers won a nationally televised game? It seems like we always lose those, which is why I'm sort of dreading tonight.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Agreed. When's the last time the Brewers won a nationally televised game? It seems like we always lose those, which is why I'm sort of dreading tonight.

I know it seems that way, but the Monday game to start the Cards sweep was on ESPN. Let's hope the team can recreate that magic and not get their butts handed to them like last night.

I smell a win tonight.

And my vent is, again, for all the bandwagon fans who were so certain the Brewers were never going to lose again after the Cardinals series and who are just as certain now that they'll never win again: Zip it. Go complain about Ted Thompson or how Barack Obama is a secret Muslim or whatever. These are the same front-running people who mobbed the streets with Nazi flags when Kesselring declared the British Expeditionary Forces destroyed at Dunkirk. Please. Shut. Up. You may return when the NLDS starts.

But that's one game out of how many? While I'm upset about the losing, I'm just more upset that we continue to give credence to all the "it's just the Brewers, they'll choke" talk.

I hear you. I hated pulling up ESPN the past couple of days the Cubs beating the Brewers being the lead story. I think the first ESPN Brewer game I ever saw was a Sunday night where Greg Vaughn nonchalanted a fly ball, dropped it and cost the team the game. I may be misremembering that, but know national TV Brewer wins seem few and far between.

I know it seems that way, but the Monday game to start the Cards sweep was on ESPN. Let's hope the team can recreate that magic and not get their butts handed to them like last night.

OK, yeah. I forgot about that one since it was blacked out here. Go figure.

Archived