Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 4)

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm upset that due to years of conditioning my expectations for the Brewers remained so low despite the 7-0 road trip I can't even get upset enough about the lousy homestand to vent. Maybe this actually belongs in the Silver Lining thread. Or perhaps we need an official Resigned Acceptance thread.

In honor of accepting the fact that the Brewers will always find a way to disappoint me when my hopes are highest, I just uncased my autographed Prince Fielder baseball and threw as far as I could into the prairie beyond my back yard. If that land is ever developed, a builder will be the new proud owner of a worthless baseball.

I think my problem is that i've been waiting for this to happen. I've almost expected it. It may be that I was 4 in '82 and have lived with nothing but disappointment. It may just be easier to accept disaster when it's expected..I don't know, but I think a lot of Brewer fans have this same problem that I have. This year just seems worse.

Rluzinksi said in the In-Game Thread "And I suggest that if the Cubs are going to keep invading Miller Park, Mark A. should just triple ticket prices for those games. I'd rather the Brewers make the money than pretend Brewer fans."

I completely agree with him. Something has to be done, it's not right that another team can take over an opponents stadium like this. To me, it's morally wrong for Brewer fans to sell their tickets to Cubs fans. Does anyone want to argue tripling the ticket prices, or have a better idea?

I don't care about the fan thing. The Brewers themselves basically didn't show up for the game tonight. Who cares if there are more Cubs fans than Brewers fans...it didn't seem to matter much either way.

So disappointing these last two games.. I could just feel that this would happen yesterday afternoon, though. We come off a road trip, drop two games to the Astros, and get set up for a sweep against the Cubs. The fact that it's happening at Miller Park just makes it worse.

It's like it's NEVER our turn...I'm just sick to death of it.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

To me, it's morally wrong for Brewer fans to sell their tickets to Cubs fans. Does anyone want to argue tripling the ticket prices, or have a better idea?

What's really funny is that there's 25,000 Brewer fans that will SWEAR to you that they just couldn't make it to the game nor find another Brewer fan that wanted to go. Righttttt. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I'm not sure I would call it morally wrong to make money off something you own. I just find it hilarious that many of those people who got the tickets for the sole purpose of making a profit still want to proudly proclaim themselves good Brewer fans. You can't have it both ways.

Something has to be done, it's not right that another team can take over an opponents stadium like this.

Different sport but remember the Green Bay Packers of the '90's where they would take over Tampa's stadium and everyone thought that was the best. Even now the Packers fans just travel well. It is just frustrating to see Milwaukee fans allowing their stadium to be taken over.

I don't care about the fan thing. The Brewers themselves basically didn't show up for the game tonight. Who cares if there are more Cubs fans than Brewers fans...it didn't seem to matter much either way.

So disappointing these last two games.. I could just feel that this would happen yesterday afternoon, though. We come off a road trip, drop two games to the Astros, and get set up for a sweep against the Cubs. The fact that it's happening at Miller Park just makes it worse.

I'm not talking about the loss, or relating it to the amount of Cubs fans in our stadium. It is embarrassing to me as a fan to know that my fellow fans are selling their tickets to Cubs fans. If I were the owner, I would NEVER allow this to happen. Free market my butt. Do something about it Mark. How can you own a team and allow your team's house to be invaded by the enemy?

Isn't the fact that it is worse because it is happening at Miller Park at least somewhat related to the fan situation? Otherwise, why would it matter where you're getting beat?

It's an outright humiliation to a fan base to be run out of your own park by opposing fans.

I'm not talking about the loss, or relating it to the amount of Cubs fans in our stadium. It is embarrassing to me as a fan to know that my fellow fans are selling their tickets to Cubs fans. If I were the owner, I would NEVER allow this to happen. Free market my butt. Do something about it Mark. How can you own a team and allow your team's house to be invading by the enemy?

What the hell do you expect Mark Attanasio to do? Once someone buys a ticket, they can basically do whatever they want with it. Let's get a grip here.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Isn't the fact that it is worse because it is happening at Miller Park at least somewhat related to the fan situation? Otherwise, why would it matter where you're getting beat?

It's an outright humiliation to a fan base to be run out of your own park by opposing fans.

exactly. I was sitting at the bar tonight, and so many people were mad we were losing, but I was furious to hear cheers when our players struck out. So what ,we lost 2 games, big deal there's 2 months of baseball left. My point is that Mark A. must do something about these Cubs fans. I can't even believe it's happening. It's not like we are in last place and tickets are easily attainable.

I'm not talking about the loss, or relating it to the amount of Cubs fans in our stadium. It is embarrassing to me as a fan to know that my fellow fans are selling their tickets to Cubs fans. If I were the owner, I would NEVER allow this to happen. Free market my butt. Do something about it Mark. How can you own a team and allow your team's house to be invading by the enemy?

What the hell do you expect Mark Attanasio to do? Once someone buys a ticket, they can basically do whatever they want with it. Let's get a grip here.

I sure as hell wouldn't ask you for advise. If you read anything I previously said, I was posting rluzinski's idea of tripling ticket prices. Why not make some extra money off of it? Why do nothing?

Again, what do you people want Mr. Attanasio to do? I've heard no sort of substantive suggestions related to the subject.

Well, if you want to get intricate, our DOT should setup tolls to get into our state. That's the first step :-) It's not like we can ban Cubs jerseys/shirts from our stadium, although that would be beautiful.

Well, I've posted it before:

At the very least, keep the tickets down low right behind the plate off the market. Donate them to local Little Leagues, Legion Ball teams, Boys and Girls Clubs, Scouts, etc. Just let the recipients know that if red jerseys, or shirts with C's on them show up on TV, they're done receving tix. The revenue lost in not selling them is offset in terms of not having your most visible seats being filledway too often by fathers and sons wearing matching opposing jerseys whooping it up as you lose..

Hard to do things about your fickle home fan base in total, but at least keep those first three rows right behind the plate from being a continual embarrasment in terms of the TV broadcast. THis isn't just the Cubs games. It's the Reds and Cards and others, too.

Ned Yost is a terrible leader and an awful manager. Ned had failed last year, he had better not fail this year. DM has provided him with a much more talented team at a high cost, failure to make the playoffs this year is not an option.

Well, I've posted it before:

At the very least, keep the tickets down low right behind the plate off the market. Donate them to local Little Leagues, Legion Ball teams, Boys and Girls Clubs, Scouts, etc. Just let the recipients know that if red jerseys, or shirts with C's on them show up on TV, they're done receving tix. The revenue lost in not selling them is offset in terms of not having your most visible seats being filledway too often by fathers and sons wearing matching opposing jerseys whooping it up as you lose..

Hard to do things about your fickle home fan base in total, but at least keep those first three rows right behind the plate from being a continual embarrasment in terms of the TV broadcast. THis isn't just the Cubs games. It's the Reds and Cards and others, too.

Attanasio is running a multi-million dollar business with high levels of expenses, no owner is going to just give away many expensive tickets because the home fans are pawning them off.

There is no solution to this besides less fans selling their tickets. I forget the poster in another thread about this, but he complained that he felt he had to sell his tickets because Brewers/Cubs games were just to feisty for him to enjoy going. Hello, a big reason the games are like that is because people like him sell their tickets to Cub fans.

It is what it is. So long as enough Cubs fans are willing to pay a big enough bounty for tickets, a sizable chunk of Brewers fans will sell them.

There could be 5,000 Cub fans in the crowd and that's all we'd hear being down 7-0. I have zero problem with them coming up here. We start dominating the division, Cub fans will stay away.

The problem I have is that our offense gets pull happy in big games. Zambrano lived on the outside half tonight. Every first pitch was a fast ball high or away in the strike zone. Skaalen has to see that all of his batters are trying to hit the ball 500 feet, even with 2 strikes!!! When Hardy, Hall, Braun, Hart, Prince, or Weeks are going well, they are taking that pitch the other way.

Not to pat myself on the back, but I posted that before the series started. It's in the In Game Thread from Monday.

If we meet the Cubs in the NLCS, will we see this many Cubs fans? That would be unbearable. Would there really be Brewers fans that would sell their playoff tickets to Cubs fans to make a quick buck?

Sadly, this could very well happen in 2 1/2 months.

Archived