Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 4)

Let's end the Ri K experiment. For his great OBP last year, he was a horrific baserunner. He's a below average defender and a pathetic fielder. It's time to move on. A small market team like the Brewers does not have time to wait for Mr Potential to put it together. You can't teach intelligence to a player.

I would have to agree.

Also, what was the point of obtaining Ray Durham if the guy barely ever plays? At least give him a chance to start more than once every couple weeks, or whatever it's been. Rickie is struggling again, and it's totally obvious he should at least sit out a few games to get back on track (though I doubt anything short of another AAA stint will get him back on track).

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously what the heck was up with Torres yesterday? A 3 ball count on everybody? It sucks that our best reliever had to take a dump on one of my most anticipated games of the year.

And of course I couldn't sleep last night because I was to pissed off and got to thinking that Zambrano, Dempster, and Harden are going to own us now. Of course you never know what could happen but I am now less than confident that we can get a split

Yeah, everybody is hating on Weeks right now (me too), but Mike Cameron deserves some hate too. He hasn't really shown me anything so far. .224 batting average with a 33:80 walk to strikeout ratio is terrible. Step it up Mike.

Now that I'm over my Rickie Rage of the last 20 hours, with not a few scabs on my knuckles from punching the wall, I am in a better place to deal with the Screeching Marys who want to throw this team under the bus.

Yes, let them shower Mr. Attanasio with their money from the bandwagon just as we welcome the disposable income of the morally-bankrupt dilettantes from the north Chicago suburbs who now infest Miller Park in a mazurka of gassy rudeness.

Let the Cubs win their championships in July. We'll take ours in October.

Yeah, everybody is hating on Weeks right now (me too), but Mike Cameron deserves some hate too. He hasn't really shown me anything so far. .224 batting average with a 33:80 walk to strikeout ratio is terrible. Step it up Mike.

Did this post really come literally right after the post showing Cameron's good July? 'Step it up Mike'?

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

People don't know what stepping it up would actually look like. Cameron hit a minislump-0-7 over the last two game that brought him down from an 800 OPS on the season. Meaning he's still right where most expected him to be, but his average is low so he must suck.

This is ridiculous. It definately seems the Brewers aren't playing 100% baseball since they've come home. They played like crap during the Astros series (with the exception of the one win, of course). Now they can't get any run support, and they don't seem to be thinking that the division is up for grabs. Sure, we have the Wild Card lead, but for how long? I've stayed pro-Yost all this time, but this homestand has made me question. Especially last week when Suppan started. Why he didn't take Suppan out earlier is beyond me, but it's starting to make me question him, now. I think the club needs to have a hungry, yet laid back mindset, and they seem to be breaking under the pressure. It is the end of July. it's only one home series, and there is still 2 months of baseball left, but don't you think we should be playing lights out right about now? It's time to prove something to not only the Cubs, but all of baseball, and getting torn apart by our neighbors to the South isn't gonna be too convincing. Just my thoughts on this very, VERY disgusting and frustrating home series.

Am I totally amazed at the complete lack of managerial skills displayed by Ned Yost over the last 4 games?--including sheets tonight?

No trips to the mound, keeping a starter in to get torched, no attempt to change the rythm of the game........

and watching the pitch counts vs. the flow of the game--we do have a 25 person roster (or should i say 25 man)?

Playoffs--not like this.

I agree with Luke. this is absolutely ridiculous. how you follow up a 7-0 road trip with a 1-6 homestand is beyond me. we're going to be in 3rd freaking place by this weekend.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

I chewed on the game we lost yesterday all day today. While doing that I realized what I think the problem is: we truly lack fundamentals.

We don't have many hitters--even our good hitters--who have a strong knowledge of the strike zone and who won't swing at absolute garbage on a regular basis. Our defense as a whole is below average, especially in making routine plays such as turning bunts into outs. Our pitching has come around, but again the defense really doesn't help it and we do have guys who are maddeningly inconsistent with their pitching fundamentals and those who aren't are overworked and thus end up having bad fundamentals as well.

When I watch the Cubs and other good teams, I don't see the same errors and inconsistencies that I see so frequently with the Brewers. I also don't think the lack of errors and inconsistencies comes down to natural talent, because I'd put a lot of our guys out there with some of the best in the league as far as raw talent is concerned. The reality of major league baseball is natural talent only gets you so far, having that talent refined and being fundamentally sound is what brings guys to the next level. Until more of our players become fundamentally sound, it is possible we'll never reach the next level.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I have very little doubt we get swept. That would be a total Brewers thing to do, a 7-0 road trip followed with a 1-6 homestand. It will happen.

Isn't that just the most ridiculous thing though. It's the decade of the 90's all over again. Is there ever an end to this? Every single time they get fans excited they follow it up with a complete choke job. Start 13-0 and have a losing mark by May. Sweep a road series, don a few novelty suits and then puke it right back up in Pittsburgh. Sweep St. Louis on the road, win 8 in a row, a 7-0 roadtrip, leadoff Sportscenter, and then whadya know...wet the bed. New players, same result.

I believe my maker will never throw more at me in a single day than I can handle. But this is getting obscene.

Archived