2008 Vent Thread (part 5)

twobrewers
  • Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

/vent on

AAAHHH!!!

Yost is killn me!

guy on second, 2 outs, extra innings, Kendal is up to bat, and is 0-4. Riv should be in there in that situation.

Villy is falling apart after 1 frickn inning ( which right there says hes not doing well today ), gives up a hit, a 4 ball walk, and yet he is still pitching?? with the CREW having a day off tomorrow? OMG put someone else in!!

If we fall today I blame HORRIBLE coaching.

that is all /vent off

I liked Anderson better last year when he would just let the home crowd tell the story at the end of a close game. Now he tries to get on SportsCenter with a crazy call, even when Laynce Nix flies out to right field. Remember Opening Day last year when Sheets threw the complete game shutout and it was nothing but the crowd roaring once he got the final out? I'm a sucker for stuff like that.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

BA with an interesting sequence yesterday.

With Hart up: "Hart is a tough guy to double up" and he promptly grounds into a DP.

With Cameron up: "Cameron can give the Brewers the lead with a home run" and he jacks one.

I totally believe in the jinx, so I was glad he said what he did when Cameron was up to "make up" for his jinx with Hart.

12-0 against the Cardinals tonight? That's seriously the best we could do? I was hoping for at least 17-0.

edit: My real vent is that I think I'm gonna have to take down my Counsell avatar and replace it with something more positive. This team deserves no negativity right now, not even from me...

Do the Cubs know how to lose anymore?
No...9 straight series wins, and I believe they had the exact same record as the Brewers over the last 20 or so games. Very tough to make up any ground in the division under those circumstances.

To cheer people up, I will post what I saw on a t-shirt the other day at Miller Park "It's not gonna happen...it's never happened...wait 100 more years." And then on the back: "Cubs baseball killed Harry." That got a big chuckle out of me.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I just hope the Pirates continue to have horrid pitching this weekend. I would vent the usual "Will the Cubs ever lose again" rant but I can't bring myself to it knowing we have a 4.5 game lead in the wild card. I guess I really don't care what the Cubs do.

And what the heck is with the off days. This is ridiculous. Maybe the team needs an offday here or there but I certainly don't and that is all that matters http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Community Moderator

Riske is having his worst season since 2004. Can't really blame Melvin for not anticipating that.

I will vent about Eric Gagne. You make $10 million and you are finally effective and you disappear for the birth of your 4th child when we need you in a pennant race.

I'm not really ripping Yost for this given no other managers part from the script, but it would have been nice to see Ned stray from the manager handbook and bring Torres in for the 8th inning. He hasn't pitched for a few days and we have a day off.

It just sucks that todays managers have tied their hands behind their backs with the closer. Their three best hitters due up in the 8th, but we can't bring in Torres because he's the closer. It's frustrating that this mentality has taken over MLB managers.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'm not really ripping Yost for this given no other managers part from the script, but it would have been nice to see Ned stray from the manager handbook and bring Torres in for the 8th inning. He hasn't pitched for a few days and we have a day off.

It just sucks that todays managers have tied their hands behind their backs with the closer. Their three best hitters due up in the 8th, but we can't bring in Torres because he's the closer. It's frustrating that this mentality has taken over MLB managers.

I was thinking this exact same thing. It's mind boggling to me that there's 30 managers in the game right now, and not a single one of them has the creativity to use their best reliever in late innings against the opponent's best hitters. Just extraordinarily stupid.

I was thinking this exact same thing. It's mind boggling to me that there's 30 managers in the game right now, and not a single one of them has the creativity to use their best reliever in late innings against the opponent's best hitters. Just extraordinarily stupid.
I don't know that it's a matter of creativity, I think they don't have the guts. Playing it "by the book" is the safest way to protect your behind. Also, for whatever reason, people involved with baseball don't take kindly to new ways of thinking or doing things. Look at the some of the hatred Billy Beane or any other SABRmetric *nerd* receives for daring to defy what baseball people "know" to be true...

Archived