Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 5)

twobrewers

Given the way the Brewers have played against halfway decent oponents after the AS break, I have zero confidence that the Crew can win any more than 1 game in Philly, and that's only if they get lucky. No Sabathia and the rest of this staff in that bandbox is a recipie for disaster.

The only scenario at this point that would take teh sting out of the Brewers missing the playoffs would be a total Cubs collapse combined with teh Astros going Colorado on the NL and taking the division. Problem is, given the six the Brewers and Cubs play against each other, that's almost an impossibility. So I guess the Crew just needs to lock down and find a way to get this done. The long-term implications of failure are too great.

If CC gets beat tomorrow, I can't imagine being able to log on here tomorrow after getting home from work.

And, oh by the way media observers, I'd worry as much about the Reds on this coming road trip as as any other team. At least until the Crew pveros they can win A game.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Weeks is a really, really, really bad baseball player. It's just the truth, he is an awful Major League player. And Prince's month-long crapulence, utter crapulence, has me ready to hurt someone. I'd aim said agression at Prince himself if I thought any Earthly matter stood a chance at penetrating his 11 layers of whaley blubber.
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Reporter: Why did you walk Votto to get to Phillips in the 11th?

Yost: Well Phillips is hitting like .250 against rightys so I guess we decided to take a shot

Reporter: Well how come you let Hall hit in the 8th against Weathers when you have 3 left handed 3rd baseman on the roster?

Yost (looking angry): Have you seen Hall's numbers against Weathers? He is like 5 for 9 against him in his career or something crazy like that.

Umm Yost... have you seen Hall's numbers against rightys?

I really don't like pitching Sabathia tomorrow in what's pretty much still a meaningless game. Why not push his start back to the first game of the Phillies series, which would allow him to still pitch in all the other important series he was still scheduled to pitch in? Why waste a Sabathia start on the Reds when the Phillies are the team we're the most worried about right now?

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Okay Yost managed his bullpen alright tonight. And the ump didn't help the brewers out at all.

Here's some question i wish Yost would be asked in his post game interview

1. Why has Kendall become un-pinch-hittable when he's 0-3?

2. Why dont you double switch Weeks & Durham to bolster the defense?

3. Why do you let Cameron hit with RISP when he's 0-3 in the 8th AND 0-4 the 10th?

4. Oh yeah and why do you let Bill Hall hit with RISP when he's 0-3 in the 8th?

I just dont get it, why when you got LEFTIES on the bench but yet there they sit and you let Hall/Cameron hit against righties.... He used to switch off Brayan/Hall but lets Hall hit in the 8th against a righty? I don't want to be one of those guys who jumps on Yost after a loss, but seriously after this loss, there were obvious situations where you could have managed a lot lot better.

CC save this team tomorrow!! Offense needs to wake up and get a good win going into Philly, you just can't can't seriously be in this big of a slump going into a big series. Hopefully somehow they get sparked tomorrow!! I'm not at all giving up on them, still a 3 game lead and we split this next series or take 3 mabye and you've got the WC almost rapped up. It would take a huge downfall by the Brewers and the Phillies get really hot. Still got faith!!

Archived