Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 5)

twobrewers
This September seems like the "Squeeze Play" version of the 2007 collapse. Absolutely gut wrenching. You all know that we'll be in it only to lose it all in that last Cubs series at home. That's how the Brewers roll. There is nobody in the bullpen that can be counted on. I was normally against it, but I am in panic mode and I would not protest getting YoGa into the pen. Anything to help stop the bleeding. This season could be our only realistic shot at the playoffs for a long long time. I have tickets for tonight's game and have no desire to go. It almost feels like getting up on Monday morning and knowing you have to go to a job you hate. Yea Team!

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At this point I will be shocked if we still lead the wild card after the Philly series. Our bullpen and offense is completely choking. I thought the fact that they went through this last year was suppose to help them this year? I guess not. Maybe we just have a bunch of guys who can't handle the pressure.

I wish the Brewers could score runs without hitting a homerun. I wish our cleanup hitter wasn't all fat and sucky. I wish Ned Yost wasn't an idiot. I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat and a '64 Impala.
I would settle for a team of ballers and for Angel Salome to be alittle bit taller.

**Sadly the great pull by Doug will be lost on those under 25**

I was at the Packers game keeping a close eye on the Brewers game and kept relaying the score to the dude sitting behind me. When I checked again, they had lost. STOP LOSING! My goodness these guys need to step up. They are no longer the kids trying to learn how to play down the stretch. Better step it up, or I have a feeling they will lose season ticket holders because they just can't take anymore of this CRAP!

Whoever made the quote, "September, it's the new August," please e-mail me the next winning lottery numbers. That quote is prophetic genius.

If this team does not make the playoffs and Ned is still the manager next season, I will burn my Brewers shirts and post it on Youtube. This is pathetic. a bullpen full of call-ups and you leave a struggling closer in. Use one reliever per batter if you have to. After the absolute crap that has gone on the past week, this game needed to be won. We are getting pwned by sub-500 teams. This team no longer goes into games expecting to win. They now just hope that things go right - flailing at pitches, watching pitches right down the pipe go by, etc. Hey Prince, swinging as hard as you can at every pitch doesn't mean squat if you don't hit the bloody thing. Ned, you are here to win - NOW - tomorrow be damned. In fact, we traded part of the future for this year (can you imagine where we'd be without CC? shudder).

There are all the stats saying the Crew should make the playoffs if they just play over 500 ball. Right now, I don't see that happening, and even if it did, do you think a team that backs in by some miracle would be worth hoping and cheering for? Didn't think so.

DatHoser wrote:

do you think a team that backs in by some miracle would be worth hoping and cheering for? Didn't think so.

remember when no cardinals fans showed up at any postseason games after they backed in with only 83 wins a few years back?

I'll give you that the Crew could pick it up in the post-season as anything's possible. The Cards were coming off 105 & 100 win seasons, so to their fans that season was a letdown. The Brewers have yet to prove they can win when it matters. I hope to God I'm wrong, but I don't see this team doing anything if they make the playoffs while slumping. That said, I'm still optimistic that they can turn it around soon and make this a moot point. I want them to go in on a roll. A young team like this needs to end the regular season with a bang, not a whimper. Hopefully the veteran presence on this team will make this happen.

Does anyone else see a strong resemblance between how Ned Yost handles his team and how Mike Sherman handled the Packers? Both of them seem to care more about hurting their player's feelings than actually winning a game.

And honestly, this whole thing with the Veteran's not pressing when they lose a big game. "We go home, relax, and come back tomorrow and try to win." Sooner rather than later there's not going to be a tomorrow to come back and try to win!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I've compared Yost to Sherman since 2006 on this site and got flamed for it. The way Yost refuses to pinch hit for Kendall is about ready make me wanna kick the guy squarely in the groin. I mean, please Ned, Kendall does not give you the best chance to get a runner in scoring position with 2 outs.

A 4-1 6th inning deficit should not feel insurmountable.

A one run deficit should not feel insurmountable, and a 3 run lead should feel comfortable late in the game. Having our starters give up a total of 4 earned runs in 4 games should give you more than 2 wins. Having a rookie pitchers on the ropes early on consecutive Tuesday should be an easy way for the offense to get jump started.

[/yost]

[/fail]

Can there be any doubt after this latest debacle that Ned Yost is just absolutely the most clueless manager in the Majors? He is the worst manager out there. Worse than Dusty Baker, worse than anybody. And where is Ted Simmons when Yost is trotting out Kendall and Counsell in the bottom of the ninth? Did he fall asleep again? How much is he getting paid to take naps in the dugout? How Yost stays employed beyond 2008 is beyond me, and it will really make me doubt Doug Melvin's sanity if Yost is back in 2009, regardless of what happens the rest of the way out.

The players on this team know the score... they *MUST* recognize the lunacy of most of Yost's quote-unquote "managerial maneuvers". How could they not? And consequently, how can Yost possibly have any credibility in that clubhouse? He is a buffoon.

Certainly didn't expect this post to be 100% applicable on consecutive nights, but that's what "getting Yosted" is all about I guess.

Nothing like having Counsell and kendall batting when we are down a run. This team is toast. Why exactly did we call up Gamel and Nelson if we have no intention of using them. If this team was any good at all we would have a real shot at the division with the Cubs choking as bad as we are. How pitiful and sad is it going to be when we finish in 4th place in our division.

Fans don't show up during a playoff chase and then they don't stay. Our bullpen's wildly inconsistent. Ned's a peabrain. Our big bats are letting us down when we need them the most. Weeks can't field which was easily dealt with when it was thought he could hit (he can't). They take advantage of nothing.

Yeah, I'm pretty disgusted with this franchise right now.

Archived