Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 5)

twobrewers

I am tired of people saying "well at least the Packers won."

I am tired of the Brewers letting themselves be overshadowed, overmatched, and underwhelming when the pressure is on.

Our defense has been bad, our bullpen has been worse, and the hitting has been absolute garbage. No barrage of solo home runs can atone for the horrible homestand these guys have dropped on us.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yost once again bats two players who have no chance at hitting a homer, when he's down one run. I can see Counsell's gritty battling with one out, but Kendall with 2 outs was just inexcusable.

I can't believe one kid on here after the St Louis series when we had a 3.5 game lead in the WC, said that our lead was insurmountable. What a bandwagon fan. If you've followed the team through all the lean years you have to be at least a bit skeptical until the team immediately behind is all but mathematically eliminated. Fool us once, shame on you. Fool us 15 times, shame on us. We're not a franchise capable of being comfortable in the frontrunning role until we overcome our drought. It's no coincidence the Red Sox didn't breakthrough against the Yankees and make the World Series again until they were trailing 3-0 in the NLCS. World Series was to the Red Sox as the playoffs is to the Brewers. It's going to take some futility from our chasers to prevail because it's not like we're going to show any killer instinct.

This team is toast. We cant score any runs and the bullpen is awful. Prince Fielder is hitting like Craig Counsell and we are losing games to the likes of the Padres and Reds at home. We have a 10 game road trip coming up which includes stops in Philadelphia where I have no faith that we can win even one game and Chicago which is better than us as well. I really could see this team ending up with 85 wins or so and finishing behind Philadelphia, St Louis, and Houston. Does anybody have any faith in nervous Ned to turn this team around? If this collapse continues and I have no reason to believe it wont this will be the most devastating season ever as a Brewers fan. My emotions are ranging from anger to panic to apathy at this point. I apologize for rambling on but this team is so frustrating and I cant hide my dissastisfaction any longer.

I really could see this team ending up with 85 wins or so and finishing behind Philadelphia, St Louis, and Houston.

My big fear is that we win 90+ games, and sit home for the playoffs and thereby waste an amazing season and run by CC and Ben. I know we'll win some games, but instead of a lot as I thought heading into the month, I now believe it will only be a few maybe 7 or 8.

For those of you scoring at home, the Brewers are 2-6 on this homestand. It's almost as if they forgot how to win and/or are trying their best to miss the playoffs.

This is just awful, and if they miss the playoffs this season they may as well fold the franchise.

How come a franchise like the Rays can garner no attention from the hometown fans and yet find a way to best both the Yankees and the Red Sox, and we're stuck with this heaping pile of donkey doo?

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Preemptive vent: Until another contending team is in danger of being outnumbered in its own stadium by opposing fans from their biggest rival, as the Brewers likely will be in what figures to be a pivotal series to end/extend their season, I never want to hear any crowing about how hungry the fans in Milwaukee are for winning baseball again.

Does anyone else see a strong resemblance between how Ned Yost handles his team and how Mike Sherman handled the Packers? Both of them seem to care more about hurting their player's feelings than actually winning a game.

And honestly, this whole thing with the Veteran's not pressing when they lose a big game. "We go home, relax, and come back tomorrow and try to win." Sooner rather than later there's not going to be a tomorrow to come back and try to win!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I hate to say it, But this is the 1st time all year it really feels like we wont be making the playoffs.
What about before, during, or after the Red Sox series?

After we got swept there I didn't think there was a chance at the playoffs. This is disappointing to see them losing for sure, but at least they still have a lead in the WC (for now).

Can there be any doubt after this latest debacle that Ned Yost is just absolutely the most clueless manager in the Majors? He is the worst manager out there. Worse than Dusty Baker, worse than anybody. And where is Ted Simmons when Yost is trotting out Kendall and Counsell in the bottom of the ninth? Did he fall asleep again? How much is he getting paid to take naps in the dugout? How Yost stays employed beyond 2008 is beyond me, and it will really make me doubt Doug Melvin's sanity if Yost is back in 2009, regardless of what happens the rest of the way out.

The players on this team know the score... they *MUST* recognize the lunacy of most of Yost's quote-unquote "managerial maneuvers". How could they not? And consequently, how can Yost possibly have any credibility in that clubhouse? He is a buffoon.

Yost once again bats two players who have no chance at hitting a homer, when he's down one run. I can see Counsell's gritty battling with one out, but Kendall with 2 outs was just inexcusable.

I was wondering the same thing. One of the two, you could sort of rationalize. Ned gritty-battled the bottom of the 9th. I miss you, Russell.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

There's hardly anyone in the bullpen you can trust right now not to give up a lead, it feels like. I had dread going into the 9th inning, and my fears were confirmed.

I have a hard time getting mad about who batted in the 9th, since Counsell and Kendall both hit bullets that were caught on amazing defensive plays...but you still wonder why at least one of the two dozen or so bench options weren't used. I mean, you'd think you'd want someone with actual power in that situation...

I think I'm going to try avoiding the game tonight...after being at the game Sunday, and watching last night's heart wrenching loss, I need a bit of a Brew Crew break to keep my sanity intact.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived