Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 5)

twobrewers
  • Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you have any stats to back that up? I can see maybe a tenth or two tenths of a second tolerance with hand timing. That said, even with that tolerance on the favorable side, Weeks and Braun were only just as fast as Hardy. Being as objective as possible. I see no numbers that back up your claim, but I'd gladly eat my words if you could produce them.
If Hardy is as fast as everyone says he is with these 60 yard dash numbers then it isn't his speed that is the problem it is his lack of hustle going down the line. This hasn't been the first time I have seen JJ I Hardly Hustle do this before. Earlier on the week he did it against the Mets. Ned really needs to bench Hardly when he is not hustling down the line. Rollins got benched for it Hardly should get benched also.

I hope Hardly is traded this off season and Escobar replaces him I'm getting tired of Hardly and his no hustle attitude.

The cubs are struggling bad and if we were winning at all lately we could be a game or two back. Instead we get swept by the Mets AND lose 2 of 4, at home no less, to the worst team in the National League. St Louis Philly and now Houston are all sneaking up on us, and losing series in Philly and Chicago could knock us out of the wildcard lead. This is getting pathetic to watch a team that was this good during the season all of a sudden blow it in September (now I know how the Mets fan felt last year). The offense is putrid, the defense is worse than its usual bad, and the pitching is inconsistent at best. Chicago has a very rough schedule left and we dont....they need to get this done!

Hall makes an error(as did JJ) and we go down by 5 runs. Riske comes in to throw BP to a team of AAA players( I know not all of them, but many). Kapler ruins a perfect game(by that time I had given up on the Brewers winning). That was the worst game I have been to in a while. The only thing exciting was the possibility of a perfect game and Kapler ruined that. Heck, my son wanted to leave early and he hasn't complained about watching a full game in 3 years. The only small thing to take away from it is Gamel's first career hit(which might be cool if he makes the Hall of Fame or has 3000 hits in his career, but I doubt it). Oh well, turn the page and look forward to tomorrow. Oh yeah, and it was pretty cool to see all our prospects get some at bats. Just wish Gamel would have gotten the start over Hall.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Hall of Fame or has 300 hits in his career, but I doubt it).
Our top prosect sucks if he only gets 300 hits in his career. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Oops, add another zero to that.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Phillies lose tonight we will be 4 up in the wildcard. I love that kind of sad.

Unortunately both the Cardinals and Astros won though, so they both gained a game. Philly has an extremely easy remaining schedule, including 6 games against the Braves and 3 against the Nationals. If we dont at the very least split with them in Philly, we are in trouble. St Louis, not so easy...they still play Chicago 6 times, and Arizona 4 times, but then again we still have to play Chicago 6 times and Philly 4, so its kind of a wash. Its just pathetic seeing the team fail in so many areas, offense, defense, pitching, at the most important time of the season when after a quarter of a century the chances are playoffs are actually real.

This current team is starting to remind me of the 1983 team and that's not a good thing. In 83 they were in good position to repeat as AL East champs then just completely stopped hitting for about a 10 game stretch in early to mid September to fall completely out of it. It was if they lost all their offensive energy.

This team really depresses me. Just when I think they have a great shot to make the playoffs they come undone in September. I'm really dreading the series in Philly. This game tonight is one I thought they had but I guess I should have known better with their bullpen difficulties.

I saw 4-1 after 7 innings before I had to go back to my dorm, and then bam, 5-4.

This team is in HUGE trouble and the two GM's knew what they were talking about when they said the brewers will falter down the stretch. Hopefully they can right the ship and turn this baby around. I can't imagine how bad of a collaspe this could be.

So much for this big homestand helping us in the race.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Archived