Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 5)

twobrewers
  • Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disclosure: I did not see or listen to the game today (had to teach), so if we beat the living crap out of breaking balls today (unlikely), disregard the following. But a leftover thought from last night's ugly game:

Why would any pitcher in his right mind throw a fastball to anyone on this team? Seriously, if a pitcher throws a breaking ball right down the heart of the plate, it either freezes our hitter or they decide to just stand there and watch it. And as soon as they throw a breaking ball out of the zone, our hitters seem to just close their eyes and flail away like they're swinging at a pinata. Sometimes it really sucks to root for a team full of Pedro Cerranos.

Bill Hall. I never thought that seeing Craig Counsel in the lineup would be so desirable.

Wut hee sed. Gimmee a Counshall platoon! Actually, just give me back my Manyan. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

It doesn't seem right that a team 21 games over .500 is only 4.5 games ahead of a team that is 12 games over .500. Stupid math.

Nothing like going to a game for the first time in 2 months and having it over before it even started.

I am going again tonight, Shawn Estes better suck; and Saturday, Sheets better not suck.

Fondy, that reminds me of the 90's when we had season tix. One night we were running a little late, Nieves was pitching (most folks know by now where I'm going with this), and by the time we reached Hawley and Bluemound it was 7-0 in the top of the first. U-turn.

Excellent comparison to Major League. Instead of the Cervoceros, how about the Cerranos?

Time for the one of the veterans on this team, be it Cameron, Kendall or whoever, to get this team together and tell them all to get their heads out of their rear ends. This team was given a golden opportunity when they acquired C.C. and if they blow it, I think the fans of Milwaukee will stay away from this team in droves next year.

The silver lining: no more Yost.

posted in the IGT but I'm pissed

I don't get the thinking that you have to throw soup out there and not burn up a pitcher because he is due up the next inning...Expanded rosters give you options to use another pitcher for an inning and then take him out for a pinch hitter..having soup start the 6th just because he was due up is just stupid.

I will only add that if this teams blows a playoff spot this year, I will not be renewing my season tickets for next year. 15 years of season tickets w/o the playoffs is my limit.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me 15 times...well, I don't even know how to respond to that one.

Uggg why put Joe Dillon in there to pinch hit completely pointless right there. Dillon looks at a ball almost down the middle of the plate and then swings at two balls for the strike out why Dillon and not Salome or Kapler. Anyone but Dillon in that situation.

I will only add that if this teams blows a playoff spot this year, I will not be renewing my season tickets for next year. 15 years of season tickets w/o the playoffs is my limit.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me 15 times...well, I don't even know how to respond to that one.

Classic Pedro there. I always love it when you chime in somewhere.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Classic Pedro there. I always love it when you chime in somewhere.
Forgive my petulance. But my feelings are honest. This will be it for Pedro.

I admit that I am in full panic mode right now. I really think we are going to blow this playoff spot. With Peavy going on Saturday we will be lucky to split this series and if we somehow lose with CC pitching tomorrow night this team could really fall aprt in a hurry. I truly fear the road trip especially the games in Philly and Chicago. If we dont make the playoffs this year I dont think we ever will and that is sad.

It's absolutely inexcusable for us to come out THAT flat for 2 straight games with playoffs finally within sight. Just not acceptable. I haven't looked up the numbers, but at least 0 for 10 tonight with RISP...10 baserunners in 4 innings (without a CS or DP) = 1 run.

In their four consecutive losses, the Brewers are 7 for 46 (.152) with RISP. Awesome.

We're almost half way to that record of mediocrity we had a few months ago when we were like 13 for 102.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Off-topic vent:

Do we need background music/electronic organ music between every freakin' pitch? Do we need to play a player's at-bat song before every single AB? If I have to hear "International Harvestor" or that godawful Moby song one more time, I'm going to scream. Do we really have to play "Hate to Say I Told You So" after every freakin' strikeout? Do we really have to play "Stand Tough" everytime after someone fouls off one two-strike offering? Sorry, it's not entertaining -- it's flatout annoying. Let's keep it to a minimum.

Archived