Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 6)

DougJones43
  • Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to vent the people attacking Ben over this. The guy doesn't want to be injured, he wants to be playing for his team. Like Russ said in the game thread, its like blaming a guy when he gets hit by a truck. It isn't the guy's fault as much as he was just essentially unlucky. He has pitched so well for us this season, and people just pile on him. We wouldn't even be where we are right now if it wasn't for him, there would be no wild card chase.

So thank you Ben Sheets, and good luck wherever you wind up next season. I hope the fans there are more appreciative of what you do for them.

It's Sheets contract year and he wants a big payday. After some sucker gives him that big contract, "britttle" Ben will probably go down with various sorts of "injuries" and ailments like the previous 3 seasons. After this year, I don't think Sheets will pitch close to 197 innings until maybe his next contract year.

Why does ________(insert coach) still keep batting Kendall in the 8th and the 9th?

The coaches have input, but the manager ultimately makes that decision.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

people really need to stop telling people to enjoy it and have fun. How about let people decide how they want to deal with the season? Enjoy it and have fun was said a million times last year and it didn't turn out to be so much fun. This year has been fun for most of the year, but these last two weeks other than last night have been the opposite of fun. Its great to be in a playoff race and to have one of the best seasons by a Brewers team in many years, but i'm more nervous than anything. People react to things differently.

I know I need to just stop reading it, but the jsonline mailbags are horrible and the overall coverage has been mostly negative press this season. I believe this has played a large role in the attitude of the newer fans this season. It seems like they are always trying to stir the pot w/ assumptions and Witrado never really answers questions, here are a few examples from this week that really annoy me:

Q: Brian of Suamico - When is Mike Cameron going to take a seat on the bench and Tony Gwynn, Jr. going to get his at bats and leadoff position? I'm sure Gwynn can do better than strike out 3 times everygame and ground into double plays.

A: Brewers Mailbag - Many people agree and would like to see that, but I doubt it happens this season.

Q: Travis of Hudson - Why was the blame put on Ned Yost for a 3-11 streak, when Doug Melvin is even more at fault for signing Gagne and forcing Yost's hand because he had a 10 million dollar reliever in his pen? The Crew would probably be fighting for the division title instead of their playoff lives if Gagne had never been signed. I just want to know why the blame is on Yost instead of Melvin?

A: Brewers Mailbag - Ever think that Gagne was more of an Attanasio signing than a Melvin one? That's the thinking around us, and that wouldn't be a far leap if you believe Attanasio was the one who called for Yost to be fired.

Q: Pete of Waukesha - Wow.... Now that upper management has made this move of firing Ned Yost to shake things up. Are we supposed to look at the return of Robin Yount on the bench as the Brewers next manager? And I will not mention any names, but I have sources which indicate that Prince fielder will not sign with the Brewers for any amount, any insight on that? My opinion is that's more cash flow for CC.

A: Brewers Mailbag - I don't think the Brewers want Prince around, so it's win-win. As for Robin Yount, I doubt, as he does, that he'll be the next manager of the Brewers. Much the way everyone thought Ted Simmons would take over for Yost, that is highly doubtful to happen. However, stranger things have happened, like canning the manager with 12 games to go and with the wild-card lead.

Heck of a bullpen you put together Melvin. You had one job this off season and you failed miserably. Was this Melvin's talking point this spring, "Lets get a bunch of losers and sign em for big money. They sucked last year, then they're going to be good this year." I think Melvin needs to walk after this year along with Torres and the rest of the clowns in our bullpen.

I have to say that I can't take anymore of this BS. Today was the final nail in the coffin as far as I'm concerned. This team just can't seem to handle the pressure of "Big Boy" baseball. Oh, and how many times can a team fail to get runners in with RISP? Seriously. The law of averages would seem to indicate that more than a couple of times in a month, a team would come through in those situations. Not your Milwaukee Brewers.

I've been following this team for over 30 years and I've never been more disgusted than I am today.

I can't take this anymore either. Playoff teams don't A. Blow 4 run 9th inning leads and B. Score NO One with men on 2nd and third.

I don't even know what to say anymore. I don't know if the Crew can come back from this one. As soon as the offense comes around the bullpen fails as soon as our pitching is good we can't hit. September couldn't suck any more than it does right now.

The rest of my day is ruined because I am just incredibly pissed off right now

My vent is that if by some miracle the Mets lose tonight, I'll be right back in front of the stupid TV tomorrow night. Who am I kidding? I'll be there even if the Mets win tonight. Not sure which is more pathetic, that or the Brewers' performace today.

Quit sugar coating this Coshun: They are not a gme out of the wildcard. They are a full 2 games out of the wildcard in the loss column (which is all that matters) , and a million miles away in terms of fundamental baseball skills and thinking.

My vent is very similar to naivin's. I hate how I tell myself to take a break from watching the games, only to be thinking about the game and wondering who is winning, which leads me to flip on the game while I tell myself "I'm only going to check the score." Then it leads to "I'm only going to watch this at bat/time through the order/this pitch etc.,". I hate the fact that I cannot go a day without looking up the standings. I hate the fact that I am always holding out hope that the Brewers are going to snap out of their funk and win the next game, no matter who is pitching, and ultimately go on a tear. I hate the fact that I am a sports/Brewers fanatic.
Follow me on Twitter

26 years of utter frustration summed up in one afternoon. The Cub fans suffering is nothing and I mean nothing what it's like being a Brewer fan.

No kidding. Fine, 100 years without a World Series, 63 without a pennant blah, blah, blah. All we're asking for is one playoff appearance since 1982, just one. I'm sure most fans wouldn't even care if they got swept and played only one game at Miller Park. Just to see what a playoff game at Miller Park is like is all 95% of the fanbase is asking and the team chokes away a 5.5 game lead in September.

Archived