Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 6)

DougJones43
  • Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was only one game but we have already learned that Dale is as dumb as Ned. He bats Cameron leadoff, keeps Counsell in the lineup and lets Shouse pitch to a righty. He also lets Kendall bat in the ninth. Same manager just different name on the jersey. This season cant end soon enough and melvin can start packing his bags as well. Time to let Jack Z have a go at it because enough is enough.

Since this is a rant thread, it baffles me why we went with Sveum when did the same crap as Ned.
This is not a true statement. I'll bet you anything that that coffee pot is still at least half full. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Kendall continues to hit in the ninth down by one or two runs.

This continues to baffle me to no end and i can't come up with any even somewhat logical reasoning? Why doesn't any reporter ask this question to Ned or Sveum?

We've had multiple lefties sitting on the bench in these situations and multiple backup catchers to come in if we tie the game or go ahead, yet Kendall is left in to face Cordero twice and Wood tonight. To quote Lombardi, what the hell is going on out here?

Deciding which relief pitcher to bring in games is often not an easy black or white call, so i rarely question a manager except nonsense like letting Shouse face righties so often. Not ever pinch hitting for Kendall late in very close games though is simply baffling and yes i understand a pinch hitter isn't guaranteed to have success either.

Kendall continues to hit in the ninth down by one or two runs.

This continues to baffle me to no end and i can't come up with any even somewhat logical reasoning?

I think they want somebody who can get on base to start the inning there. Problem is, Kendall doesn't really even do that well anymore. His OBP this year is an underwhelming .330 (and .316 since the All-Star break). He's washed up, and has been run completely into the ground -- but nobody on the coaching staff seem to realize it.

Just what the hell happened here?! How do you go from ripping up the league most of the year culminating in what should have been a no-no to this steaming pile? This is killing me. I can't believe this is really happening to this team. I mean, it's borderline funny at this point. We can only pray the Mets are worse than us right now.

lets Shouse pitch to a righty.
He was brought in specifically to pitch to a lefty, but Pinella brought Hank the Blank in to pinch hit immediately after Shouse came on. I could be mistaken, but I think the rule is that if a new pitcher is brought in, the opposing team can pinch hit, but you can't bring in a different pitcher.

lets Shouse pitch to a righty.
He was brought in specifically to pitch to a lefty, but Pinella brought Hank the Blank in to pinch hit immediately after Shouse came on. I could be mistaken, but I think the rule is that if a new pitcher is brought in, the opposing team can pinch hit, but you can't bring in a different pitcher.

Even so Svuem should have known that Pinella was not going to let Ward face Shouse. It came down to CV vs Ward or Shouse vs. a right PH. The logical choice would have been to just leave CV in there

Archived