Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 6)

DougJones43
Is the losing really a shock? Other than a few bolts of lightning against STL, this team has stunk against any team with a pulse in the second half of the year. CC Sabathia has singlehandedly covered up the stink.
I see your point. If you take away two glaring overperformances -- CC overall, and the Brewers' ability to massacre the Pirates -- this team is probably hovering near .500. (Unfair to do that, I know, but I am in an unfair mood.)

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I want Yost fired the very second they're mathematically elimnated from the playoffs.

And if he's replaced by one more stinking retread from 19-frickin-82, I want Melvin fired.

If and when Yost is fired, I want someone who has never had a thing to do with the Brewers organization to become Manager. The only associated to this organization I would have accepted taking over the job was Frank Kremblas but they let him go, and why? Still not sure why.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

We have now gone through collapses in the second half of the season in 2004, 2006, 2007, and 2008. I see a pattern.
Ouch. When you put it like that...Ouch!

I don't think I've ever liked a person as much as Tony Gwynn Jr. - while at the same time hating the player Tony Gwynn Jr. so much.

A preliminary rant on game 2...I would say that I can't believe we're using the same lineup as game 1 if it weren't so easy to believe that we're using the same lineup as game 1. I don't care if we score 11 runs tonight, it is completely ridiculous and insane to have Kendall catching 18 innings on the same day (not to mention having his bat in the lineup for 18 innings on the same day).

it is completely ridiculous and insane to have Kendall catching 18 innings on the same day (not to mention having his bat in the lineup for 18 innings on the same day).
But it's 18 innings of Kendall handling the pitching staff so well!! That they give up 7 runs...through just the first 9... oh boy.

This is the day the season died. September 14, 2008. Sucks. I can't believe I have two years of playoff tickets that will sit in a drawer for all time. I didn't even get my tickets yet this year and already we're done. I think the Brewers should stop selling these things until we've locked up a spot, and then on a game-by-game basis. I'd rather have that kind of chaos then the obvious Karma implications of selling tickets in august or early september when nothing's been clinched.

This is the day the season died. September 14, 2008.
You could even be more specific -- that 3-2 pitch to Rollins early in the game, with the Phils already up to 2-0. I said to myself, "This could pretty much be the whole season right here." I hope that's not the case, but . . . this was just a major implosion. It's like watching them blow up the Kingdome.

Goodbye Yost, Goodbye Melvin. Hello someone with a clue.

I really like Melvin a lot, I think he is a good GM, but his philosophy on players has not been all that great. He has drafted a TON of DHs and he is basically throwing darts at bullpen arms. I cant stand the make-up of this lineup with these bozos with NO plate discipline and quite frankly, outside of the power, they cant hit at all.

Good thing we brought up all those youngsters from the minors to experience this. Everyone needs to know how it feels to get figuratively kicked in the nuts on a daily basis, sometimes even more than once a day, like today.

some random rants:

- just like last year, the local media will give the team a complete pass because of the packers hot start. in 2 weeks it'll be 5 minutes of packer highlights and "oh yeah, the brewers ended the season, but at least they finished above .500 again..."

- that day before the cubs series when we were tied for first will be the latest in the season we're in first for many, many years to come. and i pretty much predicted the fact back then.

- i don't care who leaves and who comes back next year. having these guys wasn't enough to win anything this year, so it doesn't really bother me anymore.

- us season ticketholders are amassing a nice collection of phantom playoff tickets to show to our grandchildren years from now as a symbol of the last time the team was decent.

- trying to figure out what to blow my playoff ticket money on when i get my refund, despite my ticket rep's clueless questioning of why i'm not renewing my tickets for the first time in a long time.

- i hope zambrano gets the no-hitter tonight and they use our park to celebrate and trash the locker room. maybe that would fire up the brewers. nah, that's not happening.

Archived