Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 6)

DougJones43
  • Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would like to thank the Crew for blowing their playoff chances before it's time for people with a 9-pack to pay for playoff games. They've saved me shipping and handling charges. Maybe this should be in the silver lining thread, but at least Yost and Company will be fired after this debacle, allowing us a legitimate shot at the playoffs should the Brewers contend in August. Not that the players should not share the blame, but 3 years with a gut wrenching second half collapse is not a coincidence. I include this year as the third because I see no way the Brewers will be able to win 90 and take the wild card. This is not a funk, it's a disease.

Iam venting that I am in philadelphia watching this crap. This team has completely fallen apart and I don't see how they can turn things around. I was so sad watching this game today and I am sure I will be just as sad tomorrow watching 2 more losses before my long drive home. I'm at a loss for words from this team but I can say that this team makes me sad.

There is nothing left that Yost can do to prove how unfit he is to lead. Nothing. The longer he sticks around, the more faith I lose in Melvin.

Manuel handed us that 8th inning on a silver platter. Yost decided to screw that up.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Not just Burrell but Victorino too. Over the last 4 years, his OPS is 90 points higher when he faces lefties, not to mention that Shouse is not nearly as good when he faces righties. I expected no less than a 2 run double and instead he hit it out of the park just for good measure.

I said in many of the Shouse/Yost discussions thazt I thought it was fine for him to face a few righties in the right situation, and until he left him in there in a key situation to face the likes of Pujols, Lee, Soriano, etc. I didn't see much to criticize. Well, the Burrell AB fits that description, and while I realize Gagne is not a stellar alternative, and I understand Shouse is a good candidate to induce a ground ball, that was an unconscionable decision.

Torres should have been in for those ABs. You have the core of their lineup up with 2 runners on and you are facing two guys who hit lefties hard. There is no better time to use Torres. But since managers in general don't use their bullpen correctly most like CV should have been in.

Community Moderator

I'm not even angry...I just want to cry.

But fortunately, watching the Vikings lose and then turning on the Packer game and watching Kitna throw 2 TDs for the Packers temporarily made things better.

What a bunch of losers this team is. With the exception of CC, everyone on this team is a LOSER. No clue of how to suck it up and play the game when the going gets tough.

I'm just sick of this whole franchise continuing to foster this losing spirit. Without question, CC is out of here at seasons end. So much for the rent-a-player getting us to the playoffs. Apparently, we needed a whole new team, not a pitcher.

Looks like another losing decade after this year. Turns out Prince, et al, aren't as good as we thought, and this team still stinks.

PS - Before everyone jumps down my throat, please remember, this is the venting thread. I'm still hoping for a major turnaround from this team.

No clue of how to suck it up and play the game when the going gets tough.
There is no such thing as clutchiness and statistics show they are just in a bad spot right now. Yost is only a manager and he has little, if any, bearing on the outcome of the game. You are just overreacting because you're emotional. There is no emotion in this game.

Is the losing really a shock? Other than a few bolts of lightning against STL, this team has stunk against any team with a pulse in the second half of the year. CC Sabathia has singlehandedly covered up the stink.

This team is all intermittent flash, lacking any semblance of fundamental substance to fall back on when the flash is gone. Add in a complete lack of direction from above and it's a wonder that this team is STILL holding on the the wildcard lead, at least for a few hours. I'm just glad my Dad has Twins season tix. Still a decent shot that I'll be able to watch some live playoff baseball ths year, but I dont' konw that I'll even go if I get the chance. More than likely I'll just tune out until at least the spring.

Archived