Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 6)

DougJones43
  • Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am almost to the point where I just want them to lose and get it over with because it seems inevitable at this point.

i have a feeling that by the cubs series we won't be having playoff talk.

To steal a line from Glen Quagmier...Hey, Shut up! I have tickets for the 25th that were not exactly free, and if that game is meaningless, I will be something less than happy.

I am almost to the point where I just want them to lose and get it over with because it seems inevitable at this point.

I'm the same way. I just want the season to end so I can get on with my life, baseball- and Brewers-free.

To say that if Braun's name was not Braun we would be calling for him to be out of the lineup is probably true but the same goes for Fielder and Hart whose numbers have been worse. Nobody in this lineup deserves to be in there over the past two weeks. Kendall is batting .279 over the past two weeks, but no one else is doing anything. Braun is hitting .265 with no power, and many of the other guys are struggling to break .200. That is a bad lineup.

At one time I actually thought this team was as good as the Cubs, Rays, Angels, Red Sox, etc. That was crazy!

We can't catch a break, can we? I have no confidence in our pitching the next three days ... we're going to cough this thing up. Unreal.

During the Ned Yost era, it seems common for the team to go through 2-3 extended team wide offensive/defensive slumps, per season, that defy all logic, given the teams talent. Do any of you following other teams observe this with them, or is this more of a Ned Yost team trait? I recall this the past five years with this team.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Can't watch anymore. I just can't.

"Plenty of teams would love to be in the Brewers position right now"

Yeah, melting down, with their 5 game lead dwindled to 2 by the end of the day, in the midst of the worst offensive team slump they've gone through this year.

"This is just an up and down that teams go through during the season"

Yep, and the Brewers under Ned do the DOWN consistently in September.

Please, please, please, fire Ned after this. I know Ned isn't out on the field making the plays, but the emotional side of me will need to see someone scapegoated after the 3rd historic 2nd half collapse under Ned's reign of terror over Milwaukee baseball.

Please, please, please, fire Ned after this. I know Ned isn't out on the field making the plays, but the emotional side of me will need to see someone scapegoated after the 3rd historic 2nd half collapse under Ned's reign of terror over Milwaukee baseball.
I prefer "reign of error," in this context.

Archived