Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 6)

DougJones43
  • Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cameron, Hall, Weeks, Kendall, and the pitcher's spot is really going to kill us in the postseason. Especially when we have to face elite pitching. I know it sounds dumb to complain when you make the playoffs, but I just really hate the composition of our offense. I would do anything to add someone like Mike Fontenot to our lineup. We just don't have that line drive contact hitter other than Durham.

I just hope Doug Melvin does some serious overhauling this offseason.

Uh, this is the way the Brewers have been playing since they got to 80-56. The team is just not HITTING! Hit for stinking average and get some butts on the bases. Do any of these guys know how to hit singles and doubles and not try to hit it out of the park every stinking time? 4 HITS AGAIN! How do you win games with 4 HITS??!!! (Ok I know 2 hits last week and 4 hits on Sunday)

I didn't see the game, so I missed Weeks making another boneheaded play. thank God! Bill Hall batting 2nd and in the playoffs to boot. Sigh is Ned still running this team?

They go out there tomorrow and get no-hit for 5 innings again this series is over.

Uh, this is the way the Brewers have been playing since they got to 80-56. The team is just not HITTING! Hit for stinking average and get some butts on the bases. Do any of these guys know how to hit singles and doubles and not try to hit it out of the park every stinking time? 4 HITS AGAIN! How do you win games with 4 HITS??!!! (Ok I know 2 hits last week and 4 hits on Sunday)
Fail to try for a lead runner you can get on a bunt, then have the 2nd baseman drop the throw for an error. Then after a double that's nearly caught, walk in a run.

<---see my avatar

Plus, for a majority of our starting lineup, I've seen better plate discipline from my son's little league team - seriously.

Thank God for the vent thread. I can whine a little and lower my blood pressure a few points.

I am really bummed that this is most likely the way CC is gonna go out as a Brewer. After the unbelievable performace the past few months, this just seems a very unfitting end for his Brewer career.

Oh, and Corey Hart makes my hair hurt.

The offense needs to be majorly overhauled in the offseason. We need to send Hall, Weeks and Hart packing. They are a big problem with their inability to work counts and get on base. Weeks has a good eye but is an awful hitter. Hall is a great leader but his head is in the clouds. Hart is a good hitter but awful at working the count. That makes all three USELESS and we need to get rid of them. PRONTO!!

Fun fact: Gary Bennett once had 4 hits in a game for the Brewers.

I am not going to blame the umpire unless he was telling Kendall what pitches to call.

Every pitch in that at-bat should have been a fastball. The guy had virtually the same batting average as Ben Sheets, but we pitch to him like he's Ryan freaking Howard? Idiocy.

What Corey Hart said: I'm not going to sit there and walk, though."

What Corey Hart meant: I'm going to flail away at sliders and pitches low and away. Along with that, I'm going to almost always swing at the first pitch.

(fixed code --1992)

Archived