Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 6)

DougJones43
Not that it should have come to this but Dale Yost is as clueless as Ned. How many times are we going to have our two worst hitters (Counsell and Kendall) batting in big spots late in games. When you are in the twelth inning and have second and third with no out and the infield in you cannot let Counsell and Kendall hit. These two clowns cant ever hit the ball out of the infield and as usual they both were left in the game to surprise surprise hit weak ground balls that couldnt score the runner. Enough is enough! It is time to fire Melvin and let Jack Z have a shot.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and the team chokes away a 5.5 game lead in September.
And to do it in the most horrifying, unimaginable, unlikely, and painful ways possible. Just getting beat is one thing, but to have every player go cold for 2 weeks is unfathomable. To lose a 4 run lead with no one on and 2 out in the bottom of the ninth is unreal. The Gagne blow up vs NY. The Torres BS against Cincy in the 9th. Giving up the GW hit to a guy with a broken finger who's season ends right after that, looking like total crap against Philly.

This team is a continuous gut punch to their fans.

Also, Braun deserves some major criticism for not going hard after Ramirez' "double" in the 9th and Iorg deserves a ton of criticism as well by sending Hardy home with nobody out in the 9th. We would've had second and third with nobody out. Maybe Counsell and Kendall would've actually come through there. Not likely, but maybe the pinch hitter would have.

I had a long vent typed up and deleted it. I just don't know what to say anymore. I'm so sick of this franchise it's unreal.

I say it every year, if I could snap my fingers and no longer be a Brewers fan I'd do it in HEARTBEAT. I hate being a fan.

Also, Braun deserves some major criticism for not going hard after Ramirez' "double" in the 9th and Iorg deserves a ton of criticism as well by sending Hardy home with nobody out in the 9th. We would've had second and third with nobody out. Maybe Counsell and Kendall would've actually come through there. Not likely, but maybe the pinch hitter would have.

Iorg was brought in under the Brewer hiring philosophy of if you are a pal of the boss, you are hired.

I am still dumbfounded on why Counsell and Kendall still get at bats in critical spots? They left a village on and people question the manager and GM... It's ones fault for having to crummy hitters and the other not smart enough to get them out late in games. Unreal.

My buddy stopped by during extra innings and when we got guys on 2nd/3rd with nobody out and Counsell/Kendall due up, i said i'd bet him 10 bucks that we don't score, he passed. So i said i'd bet him 20 bucks against 10 from him that we wouldn't score, he passed again.

I can see batting Counsell in that spot, but Kendall hits so many weak grounders and shallow flies, he litterally was the last guy on the team i wanted at the plate. Why both Ned/Dale refuse to EVER pinch hit for Kendall in critical sports is simply dumbfounding to me.

I can see batting Counsell in that spot, but Kendall hits so many weak grounders and shallow flies, he litterally was the last guy on the team i wanted at the plate. Why both Ned/Dale refuse to EVER pinch hit for Kendall in critical sports is simply dumbfounding to me.

Counsell is at least left handed, so I will conceed that one, but as far as Kendall is concerned, there has to be a reason. Ther just has to. Doesn't there?

I just remembered I have tickets for the 25th. How meaningless is that game going to be? Will the Brewers be mathematically eliminated, or just effectively eliminated? I better get someone to drive me, because I can't tell you how much beer I am going to drink before, during and after that thing. Man I am steamed.

Counsell is at least left handed, so I will conceed that one, but as far as Kendall is concerned, there has to be a reason. Ther just has to. Doesn't there?

The baffling thing is i forget the exact game, but we were down a run in the 9th and Ned absolutely shocked me by pinch hitting Nelson for Kendall. Nelson just missed hitting a game tying homer, but still ended up getting a double.

Then, in three separate situations after that prior to today, Kendall was left to bat down a run in our last at bat facing a righthanded closer and nobody on base. How could both Ned/Dale see what happened when Kendall was pinch hit for by Nelson and then for whatever reason, choose to not try it again? How?

I'm not being unrealistic here. I fully understand that the odds would have been against whoever pinch hit for Kendall, hitting a game tying home run in that last at bat. At least the slight chance is there though and that's all the managers job, give his team it's best chance to win. If you're down a run in your last at bats and there is nobody on base with an out or two already, you pinch hit for Kendall and hope a guy with some power gets served up a meatball. Why is that so hard to see? Where is the downside?

Then today, we desperately need a flyball to the outfield. We have three backup catchers on the bench. The last thing we needed was a weakly hit grounder or a shallow popup/flyball, the two things Kendall specializes in. The season is partly on the line. Yet, there comes Kendall to the plate. Big shocker, he hits a weak grounder to third and no run scores.

The even more scary thing is i doubt Sveum even considered pinch hitting for Kendall. I desperately want to see the Brewers in the playoffs, but if we miss them, the slight silver lining is not ever having to see Ned or Sveum in a Brewers dugout

"I would love to know how Solomon Torres can't secure a 4 run lead with 2 outs. Seriously, what the hell? This team is in very big trouble and it hurts real bad right now."

Because he's yet another washed up retread reliever, the kind we've had to endure for the past five years.

"I would love to know how Solomon Torres can't secure a 4 run lead with 2 outs. Seriously, what the hell? This team is in very big trouble and it hurts real bad right now."

Because he's yet another washed up retread reliever, the kind we've had to endure for the past five years.

In defense of Torres, he's been much better than just some washed up retread except for todays debacle and the one against the Reds.

Kerry Wood is the closer for the best team in the NL and he hasn't exactly been a lock down guy. Torres gagged one big time today, that pitch to Soto was beyond ugly, but between the horrendous baserunning by us in the top of the 9th and all the stranded runners, the Cubs should never have had the chance to tie the game on that Soto homer.

Archived