Brewer Fanatic

Ebay policy question?

TURBO

I purchased an ebay auction for a case of CC Sabathia bobbles for $40, which included FREE shipping. Now the seller is telling me they made a mistake and I will need to send them $20 more for shipping...

What is ebay's policy regarding a seller who makes the sale, then in turn tells the buyer they have to pay more????

The seller has a reputable business and website. I find it hard to believe they think they can make me pay the extra $20 for their error...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

If you can afford to lose it, I would fire in a dispute. Having said that however, I would inform the seller that his auction was not as described and you are not responsible for their mistakes. A transaction is binding and therefore they should honor it.

Even with everything in your favor - as it is - the seller may choose to try to cancel the transaction, which by rights, you should have the option to either accept or decline. Aggravatingly, even if you do refuse to agree to cancellation, over a period of time eBay will just shrug their shoulders and say there is nothing they can do.

On the plus side, if you file a dispute, the seller may find their selling privileges restricted or as I suspect in this case, they may just get a warning (threat).

However, if you don't want to lose the deal, why not try to reason with the seller, with perhaps the unspoken veiled threat of report? They may eventually be willing to split the difference as a compromise but I would keep that as an unspoken option initially.

ETA: This seller has done this before. Have a look at the negative feedback.

Would it be an option to collect? Maybe get a local friend to collect on your behalf and catch up with it next time you see each other? If genuine, there should be no extra fee for collection. ;)

Yeah, I'm pretty happy about that, but it's too bad there had to be any talk between us at all. A good business man realizes they screwed up and eats their loss...

Regardless, I'm going to keep the case in tact, and never open it. It will go next to my unopened case of Doug Melvins....lol

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Yeah, I'm pretty happy about that, but it's too bad there had to be any talk between us at all. A good business man realizes they screwed up and eats their loss...

Regardless, I'm going to keep the case in tact, and never open it. It will go next to my unopened case of Doug Melvins....lol

I obviously don't have all of the information, but what is the point of buying cases of bobbleheads only to never open them?

Archived