Brewer Fanatic

CM Punk; WWE Has Me Hooked Again (2013 Official Pro Wrestling Thread)

patrickgpe

nothing was said but I am assuming that he is coming back to be in one of the MITB matches.

the ppv was very predictable. got every match right. but the end of the cena - ryback match was pretty cool none the less.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bumping this since CM punk is returning tonight. I am hoping him and Y2K puts on a good show tonight.

so far the matches have been OK, but nothing to stellar. i am thinking the Cena / Ryback matches will be very good though.

Also RVD is returning next month at Money in the Bank. I know the big rumor was that he was the new Paul Heyman guy, so it will be interesting to see where he fits in at 42 years old.

Hard to picture RVD as a heel, especially when the fans want to like him so much. Even in his ECW days when he was initially a heel, he was more of a face (if that makes sense). Then there was the Alliance thing where he was technically a heel but the fans were so into him he quickly became a face.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Not sure why, but I've always hated RVD and didn't think he was anything special. Him coming back at his age now, I can't see that changing for me.

The WWE really does need some better heels though, someone the fans can generally hate. It just doesn't happen. Fans seem to like the heels a lot more these days. Much tougher to create a great heel in the PG era I guess.

Not sure why, but I've always hated RVD and didn't think he was anything special. Him coming back at his age now, I can't see that changing for me.

The WWE really does need some better heels though, someone the fans can generally hate. It just doesn't happen. Fans seem to like the heels a lot more these days. Much tougher to create a great heel in the PG era I guess.

I'm trying to think of the last really genuinely hated heel in WWE, and I'm coming up short. (And that's assuming you're not counting guys who get "X-Pac heat").

I think Randy Orton maybe came close during his big heel run. That's about it.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

This is the problem Bray Wyatt and his family are going to face. Why should the average fan boo him? He is going to get a lot of cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

was very excited to see the debut of the Wyatt family but i was less than impressed. It seems like this group will be just like the straight edge society and nexus. It seems like every summer we get a group that gangs up on people with a strong leader and this will be the same.

I am also sure Vinny Mac was livid over the husky harris chants.

on a side note firing Vicky for Maddux looks like it will be a repeat of old story lines too, we know RAW is going to get out of control because of the incomponent GM and Vince is going to rehire Vicky. Just wish the GM position would go away

Thought Raw was good last night. Wyatt Family debut was good, not great. Hard to live up to the hype of those great promo's before the debut. As for the McMahon's, they can go away, like forever. So sick of them. This is not 98'-01' anymore. Looking forward to Money In the Bank on Sunday. Should be good.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Wow, that was one of the best Raw's in years. Top to bottom a great show. Three really good matches in Orton vs Fandango, Ziggler vs Del Rio and RVD vs Jericho. Great segments with Henry/Shield, Wyatt's beat down on R-Truth and Bray's promo, the entire Punk/Heyman/Lesnar stuff was just gold. Then to close the show with Cena picking Bryan to be his Summerslam opponent was awesome as the entire arena chanted "Yes!". Really looking forward to this Summerslam build.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

• 3 weeks later...
I’m heading north tonight to Green Bay for Raw at the Resch Center. Pretty pumped that Brock Lesnar is scheduled to appear, first time in over 10 years that he will be in Wisconsin. All the other big names are set to be there as well, should be a good show. Two weeks till Summerslam, should be interesting to see how they continue to build the Cena/Bryan match

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Brewer Fanatic Staff
A big part of my 2013 wrestling enjoyment was narrowing down all my internet wrestling info to the folks at Cageside Seats. It's an SB nation site in the BrewCrewBall family of format, gives me all I need on a daily basis so I can live a somewhat-normal life elsewhere, here's their predictions for tonight.

Archived