Brewer Fanatic

CM Punk; WWE Has Me Hooked Again (2013 Official Pro Wrestling Thread)

patrickgpe
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Punk is back with Lita? They were together a few years back. It's now official. CM Punk has banged every female wrestler in the world and is now starting over.

Maybe that's what he really means when he calls himself "the best in the world."

Follow me on Twitter

• 4 weeks later...
giving this thread a bump for extreme rules. got the ppv tonight only to see triple h vs brock. the y2j vs fandango, ambrose vs kofi, and the mark henry vs sheamas matches were pretty weak to start off the show.

lesnar vs triple h and cena vs ryback made the night. just not sure why the might have wrote cena off of tv for a while unless punk is coming back tomorrow.

This is Cena we're talking about. He'll be back on Raw with his unfunny juvenile humor before you know it (likely tonight).

If they were going to write him off then they would have done the title change.

I thought the PPV was overall pretty bad. Glad I didn't pay for it...Hooters sent me an email on Sunday morning that they were showing it, so me and a buddy went and watched it. Fandango/Jericho was marginally ok, the rest of the matches were pretty marginal. I found myself pretty bored throughout. I thought Ryback/Cena was ok, but thought the ending was really lame. Was there even a winner? They just kinda left it, so I can only assume Cena is still the champ.

HHH/Lesnar was actually a decent match. I liked the sledge hammer not working for HHH for a change. I was surprised he lost, but good match overall. Not sure what's next for Lesnar. He just feuded with the "top dog"...so unless he's going after a title, I don't know what his plan is.

I guess after thinking about it, the Big Show/Orton match was ok, but really more just because Orton punted him at the end. I can only hope this leads to a heel turn or at least a more sinister type persona. Thats the only role Orton can play and he's been just kinda floating along as a face for a long time now.

The whole problem was that too many matches were on the card, so none of the matches outside of Ryback/Cena and HHH/Lesnar got enough time. That made pretty much all the matches average. I thought a few of them had great potential with more time. HHH/Lesnar was the best, but I didn't like that Lesnar needed Heyman's low blow to win. Ryback/Cena was kind of dumb because of the finish. Show/Orton was probably the best of the rest.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

When I thought Michael McGillicutty was the worst ring name I've ever heard, along comes Curtis Axel. Just let the poor guy be Joe Hennig. And of course HHH has to bury him on his very first night with the new horrible name. Way to build stars WWE. No wonder the product is in the toilet.

How did he bury him? He didn't beat him in the match. HHH is known to be a big fan of Hennig's. He's likely the reason why he was chosen to be Heyman's new client. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he puts him over at Payback in June. Getting launched into a possible feud with HHH is a far cry from being buried. But yeah, the name is stupid. I like that Hennig got chosen, not the name. It reminds me of Rocky Maivia. Maybe he'll adapt into The Ax, lol.

He buried him by not allowing him to get any heat on him. Having Hennig beat down HHH and putting him out would allow him to brag for weeks about taking out the Game, only for HHH to return and set up a PPV match that might actually get the guy over and draw some money, which is kind of the point. Instead, they end the show with the HHH can't continue thing, which puts all of the focus on him, makes Hennig a complete afterthought, doesn't put anyone over and won't draw a dime.

I agree that it wasn't booked right, but that doesn't mean they buried him. Burying him would've been HHH beating him down and pinning him, and then having him essentially disappear from television. That didn't happen. He'll still be pushed. HHH is a big fan of his, and is the reason for his push. Also, The Rock is apparently behind him because he has trained with him for his matches ever since he returned to the WWE. He's going to be pushed big time. One night that could've been booked better won't change that. Just putting him with Heyman is enough to give him legitimacy. It's pretty clear what they'll do with the HHH angle. He'll be off TV for awhile, and his family will try to talk him into retirement and never wrestling again, but he'll come back to wrestle a big match at SummerSlam. Possibly a 3rd match against Lesnar is my guess.

I agree that I don't think he was buried. I also think pairing him with Heyman/feuding with HHH means he's in for a big push. I just hate the name. They acknowledged who his family is so why give him something else? Also, HHH kept calling him kid. The guy's 33 years old. I understand there's some suspension of disbelief but if you actually acknowledge somebody's name/family, why call him something different? Especially when Curtis Axel just sounds like some horrible 80s buddy cop character.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Like I said before, the name just reminds me of the Rocky Maivia name, where they acknowledged the family and still did a tribute name. Doesn't make much sense in this case either. Just let him have his own name. It's not like how Curt Hennig became Mr. Perfect. This is just a stupid mash-up name that isn't necessary. The best way to keep up the family tradition is to actually use his own last name. They let Orton, DiBiase, and Rhodes keep their names. Just makes no sense. My guess is that Vince came up with the name himself, and though it was cool, so he went with it.

If you watched the Mr. Perfect DVD, Joe Hennig showed real, raw emotion. I've always liked him. I also think they should have let him be Joe Henning. Curtis Axel is terrible. I think Axl Curtis sounds better, but that name is too close to the former Johnny Curtis.

Man, do I hate HHH. Why not have Hennig be directly responsible for HHH being unable to continue? Hennig could have used his grandpa's finisher (The Axe) and put HHH out. If you remember the Owen Hart/Shawn Michaels match from a decade ago, Owen got major heat and his enziguiri got over as a killer.

All of the focus was put on HHH instead of Hennig. What a gamer! What a tough guy! HHH got hit in the jaw with a sledgehammer the previous night but he is back to fight the following evening. How dare that doctor try to stop the match. HHH will fire him for that!

It looks like they are saying that Hennig was responsible for HHH being injured. Just look at the WWE website and read the SD spoilers from tonight. They just didn't do it right on TV for some reason.

Yup, that is the impression I got to. Wish they would have done it better on TV, but I think they can make it work. Looking forward to see Smackdown this week to see exactly what Heyman/Axel say in their promo.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

• 3 weeks later...

bumping this since CM punk is returning tonight. I am hoping him and Y2K puts on a good show tonight.

so far the matches have been OK, but nothing to stellar. i am thinking the Cena / Ryback matches will be very good though.

Also RVD is returning next month at Money in the Bank. I know the big rumor was that he was the new Paul Heyman guy, so it will be interesting to see where he fits in at 42 years old.

Archived