Brewer Fanatic

CM Punk; WWE Has Me Hooked Again (2013 Official Pro Wrestling Thread)

patrickgpe
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
was very disappointed with RAW last night. Seemed like they were too busy showing movie trailers than actually gaining any momentum towards Wrestlemania. I also thought it was odd on how they used Paul Bearer's death to put more heat on Punk.

if his family supported it, then i really don't have a problem with it. It does make the feud more meaningful than just respect vs the streak. the problem with the fued is that the undertaker won't take a bump until wrestlemania, which probably means Kane will continue fighting his battles until WM29

I think they're doing fine with the build for the top 4 matches. Where they are really failing is building up any mid card matches. Looks like they have Ryback vs. Mark Henry and maybe some type of 3 on 3 with The Shield, but that's about it. It's really disappointing that Ziggler and Bryan aren't more involved in WM this year. It showed in their match last night how much talent they have, and neither of them even has a WM storyline right now. Neither does Y2J for that matter, although it seems as though they might be building something with Barrett. Still disappointing. Cesaro, Rhodes, and Sandow really have nothing big going on either. I think creative should've done a better job with starting to build up the rest of the card. There's 3 weeks left now to build basically every match except the top 4. They've done a much better job building the card top to bottom in previous year in my opinion. And that was before 3 hour Raws. They've just been throwing too much crap and fillers on Raw, rather than using the time to build the other matches at WM.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

They just don't have the time on Mania to give any of those guys anything meaningful. The top three matches are going to take up at least two hours with entrances, etc. The Shield match probably gets like 15 mins. ADR and Swagger probably get 10-12. Probably a good half hour of bad backstage stuff. So, probably 3-5 other matches that get a few minutes a piece. That's what Wrestlemania is in this time period.

Will be the most lucrative show in the history of the business.

they have 4 hours, i understand and hope that they will give 2 hours to cena-rock, taker-punk, and triple h-lesnar. its also obvious that the shield will face the show and 2 other guys. I also believe that ziggler will cash in and win the heavyweight title. i just wish they gave some build up the undercard. this year has the potential to be the best wrestlemania ever, i just hope they follow through.

Brewer Fanatic Staff
Yeah I read some tweets from Tom H that he was going to to that and actually was with Uecker for half an inning during the broadcast. Would like to hear that but don't know if it is available anywhere.

I listened to the MLB audio archive Saturday, it was very brief (a quick 1-2-3 inning, I believe), and the highlight was Honky Tonk discussing Uecker's bugged-out eyes upon the Andre the Giant promo that we've all seen so many times. In other words, it was OK, but won't go down in audio annals, I wouldn't go out of your way to re-hear it (need MLB audio subscription regardless).

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I heard about that the other day. Very sad. I saw a couple of his recent matches and it looked like he was coming along into becoming a good pro wrestler.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Pretty sure the only way I will get excited by the ending of this years WrestleMania is if Cena turns heel. Obviously the chances of this happening are not likely. The fun part though is figuring out how you could do it. This is how in my fantasy booking mind would do it...

Cena vs. Rock - Cena beats Rock (Which obviously will probably happen). He does it clean. Rock gets the mic afterwards and tells him that he finally respects Cena. And they hug and the crowd goes crazy and finally looks like Cena will get some respect from the WWE universe.

You end it with Punk vs. Undertaker.

Undertaker looks like he is about to beat Punk when The Shield interrupts, they start attacking Taker when all of a sudden Shamus, Big Show and Orton come out and fend them off. The match continues, again Undertaker looks like he is going to put Punk away when all of a sudden Brock comes out and attacks Taker as well. They start to get the best of Taker when all of a sudden Triple H comes out and takes out Brock. Heyman then hits Taker with a chair and Punk goes for the cover when all of a sudden Cena comes running out and throws Punk off of him. They stare each other down and Taker gets up when all of a sudden Cena puts Taker on his shoulders and hits him with the Attitude Adjustment. Cena and Punk hug, Punk pins Taker and ends his streak. The whole crowd is shocked and you have Cena-Punk-Brock-Shield as the most powerful WWE Stable of all time.

want to get my predictions in for tomorrow:

cena vs the rock - cena

ADR vs Swagger - Del Rio

Taker vs Punk - Undertaker

Team WWE vs the shield - the shield

ryback vs henry - tough one but ryback

team hell no vs ziggler/langston - ziggler/langston

lesnar vs triple h - lesnar

jericho vs fandango - fandago

tons of fun vs rhodes scholars - tons of fun

want to get my predictions in for tomorrow:

cena vs the rock - cena

ADR vs Swagger - Del Rio

Taker vs Punk - Undertaker

Team WWE vs the shield - the shield

ryback vs henry - tough one but ryback

team hell no vs ziggler/langston - ziggler/langston

lesnar vs triple h - lesnar

jericho vs fandango - fandago

tons of fun vs rhodes scholars - tons of fun

I'll throw out mine too.

Cena vs Rock - Cena wins clean and they shake hands at the end. Passing the torch moment.

ADR vs Swagger - Swagger takes it capping off his major push.

Taker vs Punk - Undertaker, obviously. Probably with Hells Gate again.

Sheamus, Orton, Show vs The Shield - The Shield wins when Orton turns heel by turning on his team.

Ryback vs Henry - Ryback wins. Hits shell shocked for his big Mania moment.

Team Hell Ho vs Ziggler/Big E - Ziggler/Big E

Lesnar vs HHH - HHH picks up the win after a brutal fight.

Jericho vs Fandango - I think Jericho wins it by reversing the top rope leg drop into the Walls. Then the feud continues.

Clay, Tensai, Cameron, and Naomi vs Rhodes Scholars and The Bellas - Who cares? But I'll say Clay, Tensai, Cameron, and Naomi

Pre-show Miz vs Barrett - Miz wins the title

I think the Cena turning idea is one of those ideas that some fans want to badly to believe that they choose to believe it, in spite of it not really making sense at this time. It's kind of like when they had two new tag teams last summer and fans who had wanted so long for there to be a legit tag division decided that there suddenly was one. Actually, it was just a means to an end for doing the whole Bryan/Kane thing.

There's no way Cena turns heel with all the charity work he does and with his affiliation with Make-A-Wish. Being heel just wouldn't jive with any of that, as much as people wanna think otherwise. They may be teasing it to get people more intrigued by the match, but it won't happen. Although it would work if they actually did do it, because me and tons of other people who think the same way would be SHOCKED. I'd be shocked and pleasantly surprised actually.

The best match by far was Taker/Punk. Everything else was pretty average. HHH/Lesnar was slow, but the end was good. Rock/Cena had way to many finishers and kick outs. Really cheapened it in my opinion. The rest of the matches were kind of just there. Nothing special. I had a bit higher expectations, but it didn't live up to them. I think last year's was probably better. Also, does anyone else think that may have been Rock's last match with the way they ended it? Just seemed odd to me.

Punk and Taker both deserve a ton of credit since they were both working injured. I know there's rumors of Punk taking time off now actually. Ryback/Henry was decent. I was just surprised that Henry went over, and then they ended it with Ryback hitting shell shocked. Don't get why he didn't just go over then. And yes I like Swagger and Colter a lot too, but Swagger not winning isn't a good sign for him. He was originally scheduled to win before his DUI. We'll see if that feud even continues. I have my doubts.

Archived