Brewer Fanatic

CM Punk; WWE Has Me Hooked Again (2013 Official Pro Wrestling Thread)

patrickgpe

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAW is setting up a rock - punk wreslemania match i believe.

I'm not so sure. The Rumble is for sure. Usually the winner of the Rumble gets a match against one of the champs. They could have someone win and cash in for the WHC instead of the WWEC. But considering the WWEC is more prestigious and Ziggler hasn't cashed in yet (I think he will cash in for the WHC), I don't see that happening. It wouldn't surprise me if Cena won the Rumble and Rock beat Punk, setting up a rematch of last year. I would absolutely hate that.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

RAW is setting up a rock - punk wreslemania match i believe.

I'm not so sure. The Rumble is for sure. Usually the winner of the Rumble gets a match against one of the champs. They could have someone win and cash in for the WHC instead of the WWEC. But considering the WWEC is more prestigious and Ziggler hasn't cashed in yet (I think he will cash in for the WHC), I don't see that happening. It wouldn't surprise me if Cena won the Rumble and Rock beat Punk, setting up a rematch of last year. I would absolutely hate that.

http://www.sescoops.com/the-rock-talks-about-his-wm29-opponent-their-storyline-starting-on-raw/

I'd love to see a 4 month storyline of Punk - Rock. I'm hoping its not Cena - Rock again because we have been there. Hearing Punk and Rock go at it on the mic until Wreslemania would be awesome #cookiepuss.

I'm hoping Vince and the writers prove me wrong and go with a Rock vs. Punk match at WrestleMania where Punk wins the title back from Rock. That would leave the Rumble open to be won by someone else. It would be interesting if Ryback won and challenged for the WHC. That would keep his push going in a big way, and would also avoid having to see an Orton vs. Sheamus match at WM. Obviously something with Ziggler is preferable, but it seems like they might be having him wait longer to cash in. The predictable top 4 matches though are looking to be Rock vs Cena II for the WWE Title, HHH vs Lesnar II, Taker vs Punk, and Sheamus vs Orton for the WHC.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

I can't see anyone buying WM for Cena/Rock 2 who wasn't already going to order it. It won't get them any more buys.

Saving Rock/Punk for WM would have been the better choice. Either way now, the WM main event will be a rematch of either last WM or the RR. Neither will help them sell the show.

The speculated Cena/Rock and Punk/Taker WM matches do nothing for me as there is no doubt who goes over in each.

Del Rio winning was just to increase the ratings. The Rock is going to be on Smackdown and they've already released the news of Alberto winning so they are just trying to squeeze out as many viewers as possible.

They wouldn't do a title change just to get ratings. The Rock being on the show is enough. I don't think they even care much about SmackDown ratings honestly. The only reason they announced the news is so fans would hear it from them and not get it leaked from other wrestling sites. I doubt it even improves ratings much anyway if people already know he'll win.

I can't see anyone buying WM for Cena/Rock 2 who wasn't already going to order it. It won't get them any more buys.

Saving Rock/Punk for WM would have been the better choice. Either way now, the WM main event will be a rematch of either last WM or the RR. Neither will help them sell the show.

The speculated Cena/Rock and Punk/Taker WM matches do nothing for me as there is no doubt who goes over in each.

Rock/Cena last year was the most lucrative pro wrestling show ever, so I would think they would be cool with that again. Punk isn't a draw. Rock is and so is Cena to a lesser extent. Punk's role is to have a good match and put Rock over strong and have some good promo battles with him. I have no problem with it being predictable because that usually means it makes sense and I am more interested in Mania this year than I was last year. I am curious what kind of match Punk and Taker will have. I'm interested in what they do with Ryback and The Shield, etc.

The news now is that they put the WHC on ADR to push him as the top Mexican babyface. So, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a run with it to get him over. Apparently they no longer believe in Mysterio and Sin Cara, which isn't surprising, and they wanna push ADR more than any Mexican star has been before. With this news, I could see him holding the title into WM. Also, the title change was apparently supposed to happen on Raw and not SD, but ADR couldn't be there for personal reasons. Also, I just read that they might do a swerve and have Punk win at the Rumble, and The Rock will then win the EC match. I think this would be a better idea. Punk beating Rock would be good for him, and then Rock can still get the title before WM. Still won't believe it until I see it though. Just seems like a way of getting people to believe Punk could win.

• 3 weeks later...
I marked out big time for Jericho. That was awesome! I loved when the, "You've still got it!" chants started, and Jericho yelled out, "I never lost it baby!" That was pretty funny. I hope he's back through WrestleMania. I'd love to see him wrestle Ziggler on the grandest stage of them all. Hope it happens.

Loved that Jericho came back, marked out huge for that. Was happy to see he and Ziggler last so long. It was a very predictable show, but a good show. Punk/Rock was a good match, but not nearly as good as I expected. And while I knew Rock would most likely win, I would have liked to see a better ending. I hated the "Dusty Finish" and the fact that Rock won with a People's Elbow. After 434 days of Punk being the champ Rock doesn't even need a Rock Bottom to finish him off? That was kind of lame. Rock/Cena 2 is going to be a crappy build, but I am looking forward to seeing how the Punk/Undertaker feud starts and maps out.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Loved that Jericho came back, marked out huge for that. Was happy to see he and Ziggler last so long. It was a very predictable show, but a good show. Punk/Rock was a good match, but not nearly as good as I expected. And while I knew Rock would most likely win, I would have liked to see a better ending. I hated the "Dusty Finish" and the fact that Rock won with a People's Elbow. After 434 days of Punk being the champ Rock doesn't even need a Rock Bottom to finish him off? That was kind of lame. Rock/Cena 2 is going to be a crappy build, but I am looking forward to seeing how the Punk/Undertaker feud starts and maps out.

I agree. Predictable doesn't make it bad, but they could've done a lot better job with the finish of the Rock/Punk match. I think Punk should've kicked out of the People's Elbow and then lost to the Rock Bottom. I actually wish they had just skipped the whole Shield angle. It was kind of stupid. Rock/Cena 2 is already damaged by the fact that they billed their first matchup as "Once in a Lifetime." So I have no idea what they'll do this time. We'll have to wait and see. But I agree that Punk/Taker should be awesome. I really don't have a problem with predictable as long as it's all booked right and comes off well. A lot of things in wrestling are predictable. Just how it is. The Rock being champ is really good for the business. Cena winning is obviously a lot less necessary, but it is what it is.

Loved the ending of Raw tonight! Heyman is in fact the leader of Maddox and The Shield, and then Lesnar comes out and F-5's McMahon. Seems like this could be a huge faction, and it's awesome!

the wwe is reporting that McMahon has a broken hip and will need surgery. not sure if this is legit or not. definitely sets up triple H's return to TV and a match with Lesnar at Wrestlemania.

Archived