Brewer Fanatic

autographs, signings, and tips, part 2

drezdn
  • Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I seen Braun will be signing at Ball Four, but they didn't list prices. Well, I called and now I know why. $99 for flat/ball $125 for a premium.

absolutely ridiculous...

it would be great if no one showed up to pay those prices...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I think I would be willing to pay $50 for Braun's auto. Jeff's has been trying for awhile to get on the same page with Braun/Agent on a signing and it never happens because they want prices like that. I believe once when i talked to Jeff he was hoping for like $50 for a flat and $75 premium, which seems about right.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I agree that's an absurd number. None of the Hall of Famers signing in Cooperstown are charging more than that, with most being far below. Molitor is $59, Sutton is $40, Fingers is $30.

Braun's at the zenith of his popularity, and he may get a few bites at that price, but you've got to have a pretty special item or some urgency to justify that fee.

I agree that's an absurd number. None of the Hall of Famers signing in Cooperstown are charging more than that, with most being far below. Molitor is $59, Sutton is $40, Fingers is $30.

Braun's at the zenith of his popularity, and he may get a few bites at that price, but you've got to have a pretty special item or some urgency to justify that fee.

I consider myself a pretty hardcore Braun fan and even I won't pay that.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

i have a braun game used rookie bat and i am not going to pay this price. he will be here for some time to come. i will get him later for less.

Honestly, as much as I hate to say it, if the Brewers are still in the pennant race at the time, I bet you will have to beat the people away with a stick, even at those prices. Remember the throngs of people who showed up 12 years ago for the Packers and their SB run? The prices were equally outrageous (for the time) and hundreds of people would be standing in the cold every Tuesday night to get their stuff signed. I will contemplate getting a couple of things signed (like bobbles) that I don't want to carry to spring training or down to the ballpark all the time. I just don't see him getting any easier and/or having to stand in a line for 5-6 hours to get one thing signed. I think it might just be easier to pay the price and rest assured that my "key" item(s) are done.

I wonder if Braun is now above signing things you send him in the mail?

My guess is that I got him at a great time last year...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I wonder if Braun is now above signing things you send him in the mail?

My guess is that I got him at a great time last year...

I'm still waiting for the 8x10 I sent last year. I don't think I will ever see that photo again.

I know how you feel. I sent a mlb baseball to prince last september and have yet to see it. I got a bad feeling on that one. I also sent one to Yovani right after his injury this year and I hope I get that one back.

just so you guys know, braun has not had a mail return since last season according to SCN, and Prince is a 12% return rate TTM...

seriously, there is no reason to pay that for braun, if you can't get him for free with all of the brewers team signings, then you are not trying hard enough...

but save your stamps if you want to try anything through the mail for him, because he stopped...

You gotta figure with Braun's success he get a ton of fan mail with auto requests (I sent him an 8x10 in April...oops). I've been hoping to get to one of his free team sponsored signings but working 7 days a week puts a cramp in that. Hopefully I'll get him in the next 7 years..haha.

Parra signed for me in Spring 07 TTM. He's running at about an 85% success rate on sportscollectors. Hart is at 75% but takes a long time to return. Hardy is at 67% but hasn't had a reported success since 2007.

wisconsin sports rule:

Gallardo had a success on another message board I belong to, not SCN, but it was signed in pen on a card, and he said it was really bad, so I would save your stamps if I were you...

I think off the top of my head, Dave Bush is the best signer ttm, I'm sure jschris can verify this? But i think he is around 90%

and there have been sporatic successes from Hardy, so I would give it a shot...but it is generally a long wait for him...

BHF has it right. While BHF's screen namesake is less than 40%, Dave Bush is likely the best signer TTM on the team at a cool 85% on scn. Brian Shouse is a stone cold lock--100%--but his sample size is slight (17). Looks like Hardy catches up on fanmail in the offseason and comes in at 67%.

I highly recommend sportscollectors.net for TTM fans, as you can probably tell. For $15 per year or so, it can pay for itself in saved stamps pretty quickly. I know there's another similar board out there, too, but so far scn has been enough for me.

Archived