Brewer Fanatic

autographs, signings, and tips, part 2

drezdn
  • Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BHF Im glad you mention the players, cuz G-Rob prevented many fans from getting autographs of Albert Pujols when the cardinals were in town for the 25th anniversary game. Pujols had started signing by the dugout, so obviously it was a mad house. G-Rob got him to sign a photo, he then tried to double dip, Pujols saw him asked him to open up his binder, he saw the signed photo and then he said something along the lines of "This is why I dont sign autographs" and he walked away. I was only ten people away on the right ever since then hes been on my crap list.

Ha... you think you had it bad for this? First off, that wasn't G-Rob... that was another seller. But I was right there too. Pujols had my ball and pen IN HAND. He then saw the guy who was trying to get 2, asked him a bout it. The guy said no he didn't, but Pujols checked. He handed me back my ball and pen UNSIGNED and stormed off. I believe that guy had already gotten 2 autographs and was going for his third. And he was laughing about it about 30 seconds later, and I just wanted to give him a knuckle sandwich.

But I agree, John is super nice. He has no idea of my name or anything, but always comes over and talks to me when I see him around.

Ha... you think you had it bad for this? First off, that wasn't G-Rob... that was another seller. But I was right there too. Pujols had my ball and pen IN HAND. He then saw the guy who was trying to get 2, asked him a bout it. The guy said no he didn't, but Pujols checked. He handed me back my ball and pen UNSIGNED and stormed off. I believe that guy had already gotten 2 autographs and was going for his third. And he was laughing about it about 30 seconds later, and I just wanted to give him a knuckle sandwich.

But I agree, John is super nice. He has no idea of my name or anything, but always comes over and talks to me when I see him around.

My heart just died a little inside for you. The worst part about that whole situation if it would have been one of us who enraged Pujols there probably would have been some fighting that occured. Also, John is a really nice guy, I think the most exspensive item Ive seen him get signed is a baseball card so I doubt hes a seller.

right on, i was always wondering who that guy was. i always see him at the games so he must be there all the time. i can tell he really gets into the auto thing. is this guy with the scar always at the games....i don`t think i`ve ever seen him, but i haven`t ever been to the players lot or team hotel yet.

Just got this from Jeff's:

Jeff's Sports is proud to announce that Milwaukee Brewer, Russell Branyan will be at Jeff's Sports - New Mayfair Mall location for an autograph session. Russell will be signing on Saturday, July 12, 2008 from 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM.

Who: RUSSELL BRANYAN

When: Saturday July 12, 2008. Russell will sign from 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM.

Where: Jeff's Sports new Mayfair Mall Location - 2500 N. Mayfair Road, Wauwatosa, WI 53226. Jeff's Sports is located on the lower level near the center entrance, below the food court.

What: Autograph tickets are $15.00 per autograph for any item.

Tickets can be order by phone, or can be purchased at any location of Jeff's Sports. Come be part of the Milwaukee Brewers excitement at Jeff's Sports!

-----

That happens to be the same day as the next block party.

Just got this from Jeff's:

Jeff's Sports is proud to announce that Milwaukee Brewer, Russell Branyan will be at Jeff's Sports - New Mayfair Mall location for an autograph session. Russell will be signing on Saturday, July 12, 2008 from 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM.

Who: RUSSELL BRANYAN

When: Saturday July 12, 2008. Russell will sign from 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM.

Where: Jeff's Sports new Mayfair Mall Location - 2500 N. Mayfair Road, Wauwatosa, WI 53226. Jeff's Sports is located on the lower level near the center entrance, below the food court.

What: Autograph tickets are $15.00 per autograph for any item.

Tickets can be order by phone, or can be purchased at any location of Jeff's Sports. Come be part of the Milwaukee Brewers excitement at Jeff's Sports!

-----

That happens to be the same day as the next block party.

I read your post and when you said the date I was also thinking that is the same day as the block party. Why would Jeff's do that? The information has been out for a monthg on the block parties.

They're last signing (Kapler) was the same date as the free Braun signing.

I would have went to get a ball signed by Branyan, but instead I'll be going to the block party.

I got Branyan at the MLB store in Brookfield Square Mall on my birthday May 28th '05 on a Brewers homerun hanky he signed it "Russle The Muscle" underneath it as well. If I lived closer to Milwaukee I would do the block party simce it is free.

What are the chances that CC does an autograph friday this year? I have the entire team on a bat with the exception of Hall, Bush, Kendall, Rivera, Counsell and Branyan. I intentionally left a good spot for someone incase we made a big move. Obviously it'd be nice if he did sign. It's gonna be a mess getting to him though.

Block Party lists

July 12 - Player Appearances:

MANITOBA PARK (2941 S. 49th St.)

Bill Castro

J.J. Hardy

Guillermo Mota

Manny Parra

Mike Rivera

Ned Yost

MITCHELL BLVD PARK (52nd & Bluemound)

Russell Branyan

Gabe Kapler

Mitch Stetter

Dale Sveum

Carlos Villanueva

block party players are up

They have Russell Branyan listed as attending though. He's suppose to be at Jeff's.

He'll be at Jeff's until 11, then would have time to get to the block party after that.

But aren't the Block Parties supposed to start at 11?

The same question is afoot for Mitch Stetter. They announced on the JumboTron last night that he's signing in Port Washington Saturday.

Sentry Foods

101 W. Seven Hills Road

Port Washington, WI 53074

Saturday, July 12

11 a.m. - 12 noon

They start at 11 but the players don't arrive until 11:30 or so. So Branyan could make it I'm sure, but you're right Stetter seems to be double-booked.

They start at 11 but the players don't arrive until 11:30 or so. So Branyan could make it I'm sure, but you're right Stetter seems to be double-booked.

Mike Rivera was double booked the same a few weeks ago, and they changed the date of the Sentry signing.

Maybe this is old news but Legends of the Field is having some signings w/Sheets on August 20, Corey Hart on Sept 3, and Ted Simmons (forget the date). Hart autos start at $20 which is pretty good, Sheets starts at $30, and Simmons will sign anything for $39. Check out their website and look on left hand side to click for more info once there.

www.legendsofthefield.com

Archived