Brewer Fanatic

autographs, signings, and tips, part 2

drezdn
  • Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i`d get baseballs signed. bring a few blue ballpoint pens too because as BHF stated you really don`t want it in sharpie. cards would be cool too and they would be easy to carry.

i went to the auto friday also and got braun on a 8x10. i am stoked because auto fridays are getting crazier each time. anyone else notice that the players are signing only twice each this year rather than 3 times? instead of 4 groups there are 5 this year.

mark your calendars, ladies and gentlemen...Monday May 12th, a few of the Green Bay Packers featuring Ruvell Martin will be in Fond du Lac playing in a charity basketball game against the "Fondy All-Stars", which features former Marquette star, and current Indiana Pacers guard Travis Diener. It will take place at the Fond du Lac High School Fieldhouse. Admission for Adults is $15, I believe, $12 in advance. If anyone is interested, I'll let you know all the information, just PM me.

jcronk, fielder and sheets are only signing once...

I VERY highly doubt that's true. They are scheduled for September 5, yes. And usually the last autograph Friday is the September call ups, yes. But that last autograph Friday is usually much later in the year. They aren't doing in the last Friday, which is Sept. 26. There is no way they put the September call-ups in there.

my first thought was that prince and sheeter would only be once also.. but Dmiles23 makes a good point.

i haven`t seen this posted yet...

Cecil Cooper at Waukesha Sportscards on May 31st 10:30am-11:30am your items $20 each

Ed Romero at Waukesha Sportscards on May 31st 10:30am -11:30am your items $15 each

and

Don Sutton at Waukesha Sportscards on August 9th 11am-1pm cards balls flats $45 each / bobbles mini`s Flats >11 x 14 $55 each / bats jersey helmets $65 / inscriptions $20 each

I VERY highly doubt that's true. They are scheduled for September 5, yes.

why wouldn't that be true? they put sheets on the last one every year so he doesn't have to do all of them...

And when has the last one been the last couple of seasons? It's been the last week of the year, and last year was the last series... not almost a month before the end of the season like this year. If I recall correctly, last year most of the September call ups weren't up by September 5. They waited till the minor league playoffs were over before they called them up. Plus, everyone was scheduled to sign 3 times in past years. I would put money on them signing... and I never bet.

really who cares if they sign. unless you get to the stadium hours early to stand in line for prince and sheets does it matter. also i bet they sign, the call ups wont be here. maybe thats why the are not doing the last friday, no one want to stand in line for the mel stocker auto.

• 3 weeks later...
Cecil Cooper at Waukesha Sportscards on May 31st 10:30am-11:30am your items $20 each

Don Sutton at Waukesha Sportscards on August 9th 11am-1pm cards balls flats $45 each / bobbles mini`s Flats >11 x 14 $55 each / bats jersey helmets $65 / inscriptions $20 each

I've seen Coop sign before every Houston game i've been to

I bet Don Sutton, like Tony Gwynn signs before the game during commercial breaks...Tony Gwynn even does the inscription, Sutton did the HOF inscription without asking when the 82 team was here last year...save yer 65 bucks on something worth while...otherwise just go on ebay and get it for the 35 or 40 it's prolly going for all the time...that's 40 bucks worth of savings, since you don't have to worry about buying a ball as well....i bet flats are like 20 on ebay

from the brewers website:

CARLOS VILLANUEVA

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_453646.jpg

Sentry Foods

701 North Meadowbrook Road

Waukesha, WI 53188

Saturday, May 31

11am - 12noon

• 4 weeks later...

Did anyone go to the Alcott Park block party? I went to Sherman Park any it was empty. There were maybe 150 non-employees there. I had no problem getting everyones autograph. The signing were cut short, the whole event was short, and there was still items in the box they didn't raffel off. It was nice getting all the autos, but if no one comes out they may not do these events next year.

How was Alcott Park?

Legends of the field
Who's shelling out big money for some of the crap that they sell, that's what I'd like to know.

People who don't know any better. Although I've bought a few things from their eBay auctions. They have some nice stuff. Occasionally there will be a sale item you can add a coupon too and it comes out to just about market value. One thing about LOTF is that you know you're getting authentic stuff. Don't underestimate that in today's memorabilia market.

Their Corey Hart stuff is nice, and not (at least it wasn't last year) too expensive. The key with them is cashing in before guys blow up, and you can get some sweet, authentic stuff. Once Prince hit 50 and Braun won the ROY, the prices became a joke.

But I got this from them for $29 total before last season.

http://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/16626443c8b6821fa72ba76c952dfd75ea6bc68c.jpg

Not the best picture, but it is a signed, framed and matted 8x10 of Fielder with an engraved plaque. It reads "A rookie year for the ages, Limited edition X of 28." Can't remember what # mine is.

A lot of the stuff that Legends of the Field has vastly overrated. With that said, they do have some good stuff that you don't see anywhere else on a consistent basis. I'm a sucker for panoramic pictures and really like the Andy Goralski prints. There's no way I'd pay the regular price from their own website, but they eventually put them up on ebay and they are pretty respectible prices, I'd say. I've also gotten a couple of those Steiner display cases from them also.

Archived