Brewer Fanatic

autographs, signings, and tips, part 2

drezdn
  • Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really don't think there will be fewer people, if anything, I think they are expecting more at this year's event. People will pay $25 for Braun instead of waiting until mid-season and paying $100++. Everyone is going to assume that there will be fewer people and this will lead to the same lines.

It also says that they expect a full roster to be there and will announce specifics later. By having it in January you are giving players, Fielder, a built in excuse to not be there. I would think most guys will be there but I bet there will be some family vacations or prior commitments too.

it was a mess trying to put all those people on the concourse. but at the same time you will have more people like the collectors and the sellers getting the brauns and princes,ect for 25. like barrelman said. it will still be a good time either way.

Everyone is going to assume that there will be fewer people and this will lead to the same lines.

I think there's a real danger of this. Instead of waiting in a huge line to get Braun's auto, now you wait in a huge line to be one of the 250 to get tickets to get Braun's auto....

sure the lines are the same, but it is still a different principle, i don't care about the amount of people there, there is no reason why someone that gets there at 5 in the morning, should be at the same point in the line as someone that gets there at 8

the whole idea of sprinting to get one, is just dumb, and that, not anything else, is why i like the new idea, i still might not be able to go, but it won't be because they are charging for it...

I agree with you that if you get there at 5am you shouldn't be the same place in line as someone who got there at 8am, however, what makes you think that the same thing won't happen here? Even if they let every single person in the door in single file, the autographs won't be right away, so people will still be running and pushing and everything else.

i would hope that isn't the case, i would hope you could get there at 5 be in the braun line, and so on, but i guess you are right, there is no way they will do that...i wish that is what they would do for autograph fridays, have the name of the player on the outside of the door, so there is no running, the line starts at the door, that way anyone can be in line, instead of it being an act of discrimination, and yes that's a stretch, but it is true

That is why I liked the Block Parties. I know some people had bad experiences at some, but the Whitefish Bay one was nice. Everyone was in one long line, the employees got there and walked everyone single file to the player's line they were there for. Done like that there is really no way to be unfair. It will be interesting to see how they handle it.

I like the idea that they are charging to get in and some autographs. It limits the people from bring their entire family to get autographs. Like, having their 6 month old child in a car seat getting an autograph. I don't know if its though out well enough of how they are going to go through the process of charging. I understand the Brewers won't know who will for sure will be there **cough, cough Prince Fielder cough, cough**

As for the autograph Fridays I like the concept Its just not fair for everyone. I was at one of the Braun friday night auto games, and I ate at Friday's before the game. There were over 50 people in line for Braun even before the gates opened. How does that happen?

As for the Block parties, other than the Whitefish Bay one that a friend was at the workers seem to have no idea whats going on. Its set up way too late.

I meant to post this today but never had the time to. Ron Dayne was signing autographs tonight at the UW Bookstore at Hilldale Mall. I was maybe 100 back in line and it took about an hour to get through. It took so long because they allowed two autographs per person and allowed personal pictures. I got a ticket stub from his record-breaking game signed for myself and got a Badger football signed for a friend.

After being used to Brewers' signings, it is pretty refreshing to be in a scenario where you don't have to arrive hours early and then sprint to the right line just give yourself a chance at an autograph you want. Granted, these are college guys we are talking about as opposed to pros, but even still it is a lot more laid-back. To illustrate, after the Badger Basketball Team's Night of the Grateful Red (their first practice) this year, I got a poster signed by THE ENTIRE TEAM within an hour. They had tables set up in the concourse with 2-4 players/coaches at a table. I had to rush a little at the end but had no real problems getting everyone.

I definetly understand your point about it being nice not to have to stampede to get an autograph, however, like you said you can't really compare the two. Getting a team poster signed is great but really not the same as getting a pro team something. Even a top flight college team, UNC, wouldn't compare to professional athletes.

• 3 weeks later...
Paul Molitor will be signing at Waukesha Sportscards on the 10th. Prices start at 65 and go up to 80. Rob Deer will also be there that day at 15.00 each. On January 31 they have Marshall Edwards and Sixto Lexcano.

Anybody attend the Vuckovich signing on Saturday at Legends of the Field? Just wondering how it went... I wasn't able to attend, so I dropped off a retro hat for him to sign. To my surprise, he even added '82 CY' to it! According to the owner, he only added that inscription to 2 other items that day, one of them being an old brick from County Stadium for the owner's personal collection. I was very pleased with how things turned out, wished I could have been there.

I was there and thought it went well. Got my stuff signed just as I had hoped. Was a bit disappointed that he signed my bobble "P Vuckovich" as he said there was not enough room to sign his full name. However he was very professional, nice, cooperative, etc. Glad I got a bunch of team pieces completed by all members of the 82 team!

Archived