Brewer Fanatic

autographs, signings, and tips, part 2

drezdn
  • Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really want Vinny Rottino as I have his game issued Nashville Sounds Jersey from September 1st of last year. They were playing the Memphis Redbirds which was there 1982 anniversary game just like the Brewers had in August. It is unused as he was called up on the 1st and the jersey was already made.

How did you get this jersey? If it was from a Nashville Sounds game, I believe the game was in July (possibly August, but for sure not Sept 1 because that would be playoff time) against the Redbirds and the players all had their last names on the back of their jersey. I'm just wondering since I got a Parra and Sarfate game worn that game and I know the Vinny jersey was one of the more expensive jerseys. There was a silent auction during the game for the jerseys and the minimum bid was $75. I'm not trying to be mean or anything. I'm just curious how you got this and if it was actually the game worn jersey.

as long as people are stupid enough to pay those prices, this will continue...

I agree with you. Autographs are all about who is hot at the current time. Right now, the Brewers and Brewers legends are hot. In March, anything with a Favre autograph was a crazy price. I have a hard time caving during the "hot" times. If you love Prince Fielder, you should probably buy his stuff right now and not when he just got down hitting 50 home runs.

Its hard me for me to spend $100 for Vuck when you can buy a Willie Mays signed sweet spot ROMLB on ebay for $100 with buy it now when it comes with a certificate from PSA or a Nolan Ryan signed sweet spot ROMLB from the nolan ryan foundation for $60 (currently on sale from $70). And I dont care how hard it is to get Vuck's autograph.

Can someone possibly verify the authenticity of this Oglivie autograph? I've seen his signature before and it seems to vary from time to time?

http://i14.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/f3/2f/ed4a_1.JPG

Edit: ALSO: I have a shot at this for about $12 perhaps a bit less. Is that a deal at all?

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Can someone possibly verify the authenticity of this Oglivie autograph? I've seen his signature before and it seems to vary from time to time?

http://i14.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/f3/2f/ed4a_1.JPG

Edit: ALSO: I have a shot at this for about $12 perhaps a bit less. Is that a deal at all?

The auto looks good, but its his quick signing version. It was probably signed in person while signing for a bunch of other people. Oglivie is relatively reliable TTM. You probably could get a nice looking auto for only a couple of bucks.

Jamie, Ben is a pretty good signer through the mail, but not automatic by any means, if you are interested, here is the address, no one else has given him a donation, but it might not be a bad idea, but he does sign with out one...According to SCN, he is 65%, but has been very good lately, here is his address if you are interested:

1012 E. Sandpiper Dr

Tempe, AZ 85283

in terms of the price, it really isn't worth that much, but it looks in good condition, so it isn't bad, hopefully this helps...

Jamie, Ben is a pretty good signer through the mail, but not automatic by any means, if you are interested, here is the address, no one else has given him a donation, but it might not be a bad idea, but he does sign with out one...According to SCN, he is 65%, but has been very good lately, here is his address if you are interested:

1012 E. Sandpiper Dr

Tempe, AZ 85283

in terms of the price, it really isn't worth that much, but it looks in good condition, so it isn't bad, hopefully this helps...

I always add 5-10 percent to that total as I believe some people put in their items that they send, but don't necessarily enter in when they get something back.

• 2 weeks later...
How did you get this jersey? If it was from a Nashville Sounds game, I believe the game was in July (possibly August, but for sure not Sept 1 because that would be playoff time) against the Redbirds and the players all had their last names on the back of their jersey. I'm just wondering since I got a Parra and Sarfate game worn that game and I know the Vinny jersey was one of the more expensive jerseys. There was a silent auction during the game

Didn't you bid on those at the game I was at? If so, that was August 15. I remember hearing you talk about it.

JJHardy7 wrote:

How did you get this jersey? If it was from a Nashville Sounds game, I believe the game was in July (possibly August, but for sure not Sept 1 because that would be playoff time) against the Redbirds and the players all had their last names on the back of their jersey. I'm just wondering since I got a Parra and Sarfate game worn that game and I know the Vinny jersey was one of the more expensive jerseys. There was a silent auction during the game for the jerseys and the minimum bid was $75. I'm not trying to be mean or anything. I'm just curious how you got this and if it was actually the game worn jersey.

I got it off ebay straight from the Memphis Redbirds I forget the price I will look it up tomorrow. I also have a COA I can scan I believe it says from the September first 2007 game. Vinny wasn't that much and they had most of the players from both teams for sale. Vinny was called up on the first so he never played this game so the jersey was never worn.

I will get more info on this tomorrow.

Another LOTF experience:

Sent in a Yount authentic pinstripe home jersey to get signed. Had explicit instructions for ink color and autograph placement. Got it today and everything was perfect. Looks nice. Thinking about doing a huge framed piece with both the Yount and a Braun auto'd retro jersey I have as well.

I got it off ebay straight from the Memphis Redbirds I forget the price I will look it up tomorrow. I also have a COA I can scan I believe it says from the September first 2007 game. Vinny wasn't that much and they had most of the players from both teams for sale. Vinny was called up on the first so he never played this game so the jersey was never worn.

I will get more info on this tomorrow.

Interesting. I was at the game when the Sounds auctioned off jerseys from both teams. I didn't know Memphis did the same thing later that year. Vinny was an expensive jersey in Nashville.

Anybody else upset that the Brewers are charging for autographs at this years On Deck? Tickets are $15 ahead of time and $20 at the door as well. I also don't like the change of venue. I think they took a nice event and ruined it. Are the players' doing so poorly financially that they need to charge for autographs. I suppose Autograph Fridays will be done now too, unless they charge for it.

I really like the idea. I am sure the cash will go to charity like in does at Twins fest, admission fee and cost per sigs will reduce the crowd and mean I/we won't have to stand in line/fight with others as long as we would otherwise. There will be free autographs as well, so that will make some people happy. Go Brewers! Now lets make it two days, there so there are 500 sigs of everyone available. One step at a time however.......very pleased with this however!

Archived