Brewer Fanatic

autographs, signings, and tips, part 2

drezdn
Might sound stupid but they kinda make me sad when I look at them because they remind me of the past.
I know how it goes. It's not stupid at all. I did the same thing this year. Now just about all the stuff that reminds me of that time in my life fits in a small storage container in my closet that I won 't be looking at any time soon.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well my autograph season is over, a little sad, the last two days at miller park, this is what i got, i tried to get a gagne ball for a member on here, but i couldn't, sorry greg, anyway, here is the loot, including my gamel bat, which i finally got signed:

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg62/joebenson5/brewers.jpg

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg62/joebenson5/100_6210.jpg

Coming in Saturday to get autographs at the players lot what are my chances???

I really want Vinny Rottino as I have his game issued Nashville Sounds Jersey from September 1st of last year. They were playing the Memphis Redbirds which was there 1982 anniversary game just like the Brewers had in August. It is unused as he was called up on the 1st and the jersey was already made.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n176/Zachlaka/brewers/VinnyFront.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n176/Zachlaka/brewers/VinnyBack.jpg

i FINALLY got my stuff back from the CC signing at legends of the field...and I don't think I will ever do it again...I ordered 3 autographs, one to have on my sporting news magazine, the other two on an 8x10, and a 16x20...

the 8x10, i had, and i sent it, with the magazine, the 16x20 i bought from them, and i told them that i wanted the photofile one, and i would like it in blue, as well as everything else...the guy said that was fine, i had not heard from them, in a long time after the signing, so i called them...it took 3 days for them to return my call, and when i finally got a hold of them, they had lost my 8x10...i said just replace it, that i don't care what kind it is as long as it is a photofile, she said sure no problem, and ended up hanging up on me after she said it wasn't a problem, that was yesterday, ups just came, and i am upset...

on my magazine, a corner is bent, the 8x10 is NOT the one i sent, and it is NOT a photofile, and the 16x20 is not a photofile...

i understand that they had a lot of customers, but they screwed my order up bad, and you would think with as much as i had to overpay to get the stuff in the first place, they would get it right...i really don't even want to deal with them anymore, i hate the 8x10 because it is a sideways shot, but i'm getting sick of dealing with their horrible customer service...

that was probably the worst experience with a memorabilia store that i have ever had...

and it says somewhere on the website, that they want to satisfy all of their customers, they sure aren't very good at it

My brother and I sent in some stuff as well. My jersey came back fine and so did his, but they still screwed up part of the order. His 2007 All-Star ball was in Blue ink, not Black (like requested and writting on the tape on the ball box) and didn't have the CY inscription. He ordered another ball with an inscription and that didn't have the CY on it either. He then had to go there just to get refunded for the inscriptions he paid for but didn't get.

I'll probably get some signatures from them in the future, but the mail in stuff was pretty shotty. Let's just say their general organization with signings is about as good as the quality of the jerseys that they get signed and sell. (i.e. pretty crappy)

Yep, I went this week to pick up a jersey I wanted CC to sign, and it turns out since it was one of those 'knock off' jerseys from Asia, he was unable to sign it. Apparently it had something to do with MLB officials "stopping by" to observe the private signing. From what I was told, the MLB officials were confiscating all fake, non-MLB licensed jerseys on the spot. I only got mine back because I had the tags off already. Whatever.

I sometimes think to myself that I waste alot of time trying to get some of these autographs. I think I should just go out and buy them instead of wasting a half or even a whole day. Then I see what happened to you guys on the CC signing and think that I spent from 7am to 2pm waiting in line getting CC at the block party. He signed the Cy inscription just as I asked and it came ut the way I wted it to. I also that day got Ray Durham and Seth McClung.

zach, you will get rottino

I did not get him. But that was because of my own dumbness. I forgot the game was at 2:30 last Saturday and not 6:05 like I was thinking all morning. I didn't leave Madison till 11AM http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

brewerssupercollector, i've gotten him ip too, but i want him on more than one thing...

here is the deal, i went to legends today to fix this mess, and i am just more dissapointed with them, i said that i wanted my 8x10, and long story short, they said that they had it, that it was at the delafield store, then i said, what about the photofile 16x20 that i purchased, and he said that they didn't get any photofiles signed, but in this frame it looks just great, then he tried to sell me a frame for my damn photo that they screwed up and wanted me to buy it at a discount for $160!

these idiots screwed up the order, i had to drive to two separate locations, and was not even apologized to, i have nothing but negative things to say about that company, and i don't understand how they get so much support with as bad as they handle customers...they guy also wanted to buy my hat that i was wearing, my wild card hat, for $30, then when i laughed, he said, oh you know how rare they are? he says that he has customers wanting them and are willing to pay $300 for one

long story short, i got my 8x10, but there is a finger print, right on the signature, the 16x20 is not what i ordered, and i went to jeff's to discuss framing, and it will be $110, at full price, not discount, and legends wasn't even uv glass....

the fact that they screwed it up, i had to contact them, they knew where my photo was the whole time and lied to me, and they never once apologized, and tried to sell more crap to me, i don't know how they are in business

To further our complaints about LOTF...

This is a smaller one than BHF but I purchased 2 8x10's of CC on Sunday (when they were still $60 and not $85). I was a little dissapointed to see that it was over $20 to ship to my residence in Wisconsin. Each photo was over $10 to ship. Come on though, Steiner Sports will ship any size order for $9.99. This isnt ebay.

I wouldn't bother the players before the game, they have bigger things on their mind. Especially after tonight.

BHF. If I were you, I would do everything I could to put the fear of god in their eyes. You can't go in there like "excuse me sir, I ordered this, and got this" I would walk in guns blazing like "listen here jive turkey, you completley screwed up my order and if you don't fix it, I'm calling the Better Business Bureau." drop Jeff's sports as much as you can, tell em you post on Brewerfan.net and you plan on bad mouthing them about their business, and probably mention something about taking advantage of 1250am to get on the air and bad mouth their bad service.

If you go in completely angry, as you seem you are, you will get results. However, don't let yourself get carried away and start shouting profanities or anything to over the top. I've found out with any type of customer service, 99% of the time, you can fight your way to what you deserve. You just gotta get tuff with these people. It doesn't hurt to have your reciept and bring all yer merch with you.

On a side note BHF, you got Yount in the players lot?!?! Did he sign a lot? I have an in on getting a ball signed, so I'm jacked about that, but the players lot? Awesome!

I did a mail order through Legends of the Field for the Ted Simmons signing. I paid for two cards to get signed, which came back awesome, and $10 for shipping the cards. I got them back today in a normal white envelope with a 42 cent stamp on it. Where on earth did that $10 for shipping go????

• 3 weeks later...

Archived