Brewer Fanatic

autographs, signings, and tips, part 2

drezdn
  • Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
outta curiosity, was the sheets signing 30 or 40 for a bobblehead? i decided it wasn't worth it to drive out there to get my alternate bobble signed from 2005...i regret not trying to get my bobble signed a few years ago when i had the chance, but i've always been trying to complete team balls it never occurred to me. after this season, im done with team balls, it's too hard, especially when yer trying to get one or two guys that are a far cry from a superstar, but wont sign in the player lot (ie mike rivera)

It seems to be a little odd to call that Sabathia thing a Private Signing. If you can't send in your own items, and you can't attend the event, why don't they just say they'll have autographed photos and balls available on such-and-such a date?

I like Jeff's, but that's the most limiting Private Signing I've ever heard of.

Yesterday at the game got a few signatures. At the players lot got Kendall, Yost, Maddux, Sedar and Skaalen. None of the other players besides Kendall signed. But the best score was during BP getting Gallardo on a ball. He said the knee was feeling good and he hopes to pitch again this season even if its out of the bullpen. I told him we could use an 8th inning guy.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

honestly I have lost the drive to collect them and the person I collected them with is no longer really in my life. Might sound stupid but they kinda make me sad when I look at them because they remind me of the past. Pretty pathetic huh? On top of all that, autograph collecting is expensive and I have more important things to pay for. I really am torn on the idea of selling them though. I love them, I spent a lot of time, money and energy collecting them. Hell one time I waited til 1am for Yount to come out. Not to mention the excitement getting them. You saw how happy I was to get Biggio. But they just don't mean that much to me anymore, so I really really don't know. I do know that people on here will get a chance to purchase them before I go the EBAY route. And I thank Brian for allowing sales on his board. I just don't want to regret it later down the road, ya know?

I understand where you are coming from. I have been collecting autographs since 1981 and for about a decade I stepped away from things and didn't do much. The last couple of years I have been having an absolute blast being a "kid" again. Unless you need the money, I would just put them away for a while, let them age like a "fine wine" and in five, ten or fifteen years you may find the passion again, or the memories priceless. Just my two cents..........but I have gotten rid of a lot of stuff over the years that I wish I would have back right now. If you still want to sell them however, I might be in a few pieces depending on what you have.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived