Brewer Fanatic

autographs, signings, and tips, part 2

drezdn
I also got a Bob Uecker ball back in the mail. Took about 10 days from the time I sent it to get it back. I actually sent a cheap ball in case I didn't get it back I wouldn't be out much, but to my suprise he sent back an Official Major League Ball signed big on the Sweet Spot. I am pretty impressed that he would actually take the time to switch balls when it obviously would have been much easier just to sign what I sent.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also got a Bob Uecker ball back in the mail. Took about 10 days from the time I sent it to get it back. I actually sent a cheap ball in case I didn't get it back I wouldn't be out much, but to my suprise he sent back an Official Major League Ball signed big on the Sweet Spot. I am pretty impressed that he would actually take the time to switch balls when it obviously would have been much easier just to sign what I sent.
WOW!

Now that IS classy...

I think I need to send him a ball too, I don't have his autograph.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

WOW!

Now that IS classy...

I think I need to send him a ball too, I don't have his autograph.

Or someone that sent an OMLB is now getting a cheap ball back in return.

Not to burst a bubble, but I'm pretty sure he didnt physically take the time to switch the balls himself. He signs a bunch of balls pre-season & mid-season and then gives them to his personal assistant. When she gets the mail, she just sticks one of the pre-signed balls in the return envelope and voila! While it's a nice thought, the reason you got a different ball back was because he wasn't available to sign the one you sent. Hence, he probably never seen the ball you sent, didn't personally take the time to switch it himself. But atleast you got an item back.

Not to burst a bubble, but I'm pretty sure he didnt physically take the time to switch the balls himself. He signs a bunch of balls pre-season & mid-season and then gives them to his personal assistant. When she gets the mail, she just sticks one of the pre-signed balls in the return envelope and voila! While it's a nice thought, the reason you got a different ball back was because he wasn't available to sign the one you sent. Hence, he probably never seen the ball you sent, didn't personally take the time to switch it himself. But atleast you got an item back.

I am sure you are correct, but hey works for me!

In today's paper there's an ad for a Braun and Parra signing at Serb Hall next Saturday. I checked out the website and could not believe the prices:

"Autograph Tickets are $99 for all items except Jerseys and Bats which are $125. Inscriptions Only $40 ea item"

http://www.ryanbraunautographs.net/

Amazing. I couldn't find any information about pricing for Parra.

In today's paper there's an ad for a Braun and Parra signing at Serb Hall next Saturday. I checked out the website and could not believe the prices:

"Autograph Tickets are $99 for all items except Jerseys and Bats which are $125. Inscriptions Only $40 ea item"

http://www.ryanbraunautographs.net/

Amazing. I couldn't find any information about pricing for Parra.

this is asinine...

those sigs will NEVER be worth what is being paid for them. Everyone saves all the sigs now-a-days, they aren't rare, they are just sigs...

I only get autos if they cost me nothing but postage or legwork.

These guys and their agents are freaking crazy, and it would be nice if people were smart enough to not show up at these crazy events.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I just read on Schwartz Sports website that, Paul Molitor will be signing autographs at the Sun-Times Show in Chicago at the end of November. They have a list of guys that will be appearing so far, but no prices or exact dates or times.
One Stop Shop For Cell Phone Accessories. Like US On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/MR-Wireless/233579846693356

The prices of autographs and collectible stuff has to do with what and who is hot at the moment.

Braun is a young, exciting player and has a real possibility of being a HOFer. People want his stuff right now.

Another great example would be of Fielder. Last year, his stuff was expensive. He had 50 homers, and was a possiblity for MVP. Even though he is having a nice season, his stuff is waaaay more affordable now than it was last season.

I have a bunch of Yount signed stuff and Molitor signed stuff that I have purchased recently and it wasnt that much money.

It doesnt make any sense to go to that Braun sigining with an 8x10 or even a major league ball. You can purchase them for much cheaper on ebay FROM mikita sports or from Mikita sports directly. I guess watching the player sign your item may be worth it to some people.

I went to the Corey Hart signing at Legends of the Field in Delafield yesterday and it was really busy. Prices at Legends seemed to be affordable for the most part and they had a good selection of items to get get signed. I got a pink bat for $35 bucks and a 8x10 with Corey holding it signed as well. Very cool!

How much does Braun sign for at LOTF?

I enjoy autograph fridays, but I wonder if they're gonna do it next year. It's a good draw, but it's getting crazy. I know this has been talked about in the past, but I can't think of spending money on a guy when if I wait it out I can get him for free down the line. I wanna get a Braun jersey signed, and feel I got about 6 years to do that (sooner the better, obviously)...but if they don't do Friday's next year, how much does LOTF charge for a jersey? Bobblehead? Inscriptions?

bikeage, i would not wait long to get a jersey signed, next year might be the last year that he will be able to sign jerseys...i believe his contract with mikita is up after next year, then he could hit with big guys like steiner, which would suck, or even upper deck...and they WILL NOT let them sign jerseys, so I would do it asap...I'm not saying pay what they are asking, but you should do it soon...like at the on deck for example, or whatever...

also, i have that same opinion of auto fridays, but my season ticket rep told me they will do them next year, i can't see myself going to a lot of them though

I haven't got one autograph this year, and I might be on the border line of not collecting them anymore. If something pushes me over my edge, I might clear them out.

on an unrelated note, this is the longest a thread has ever gone that I started..yay

Private Signing

CC Sabathia

All items will come with a Legends of the Field Tamper Resistant Hologram and a Photo COA from the signing.

Date: September 17th

All items must be dropped off at any of the 3 store Locations in Hartland, Delafield, or Gurnee, Illinois no later than Monday September 15th

Send in on your items

1 Autograph $65

Incentive Specials

2 Autographs $119

3 Autographs $169

Approved Inscriptions $20

Recommended 07' CY Young or 08' Brewers

Or Have CC sign one of our items add

8x10 Photo $10

16x20 Photo $25

MLB Official baseball $15

Baseball Bat $35

Interesting that I get 2 emails within 15 minutes of each other regarding separate CC Sabathia signings.... Here's the info from Jeff's:

JEFF'S SPORTS IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE

EXTREMELY LIMITED OFFER TO OUR E-MAIL CUSTOMERS!

Jeff's Sports is conducting a private autograph session with CC SABATHIA. Please read below for all the details!

CC Sabathia is one of the toughest Brewers autographs to obtain. We are very proud to offer you the following items for pre-sale.

Brewer 8" X 10" photo - $59.95*

Brewer 16" X 20 " photo - $79.95*

Official MLB Baseball - $79.95

* Ask about our wholesale framing for your photo!

You must pre-pay for the items you want. You may order over the phone, or stop at either our Menomonee Falls or Brookfield location. Pre-sale pricing is only good until Tuesday, September 9, 2008. After that the price will be higher, so take advantage of the BIG savings now!

Items will be available for pick up - ABOUT Friday, September 12, 2008.

We are not collecting customer supplied items for this event.

Archived