Brewer Fanatic

autographs, signings, and tips, part 3

tony2sweet
  • Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you sure he signs bats? I know Rollie Fingers wont.

I don't know why anyone would want a pitcher to sign a bat. It doesn't make much sense to me, but there are people out there that do it. The only way I'd want one is if was game used. I just checked and Fingers batted .172 for his career with 31 hits and 2 dingers.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from the lot. Got Jason Kendall to complete my 2008 bat. Super glad to be done with that, but he refused to put his number, though every other signature has their number with it. Casey McGehee and Todd Coffey both signed as well. A lot of guys were running late, it sounded like there was a team meeting?

Apparently people started lining up for Fielder at like 1:30. I opted to play wiffleball instead of go to the game tonight.

Just got back from the lot. Got Jason Kendall to complete my 2008 bat. Super glad to be done with that, but he refused to put his number, though every other signature has their number with it. Casey McGehee and Todd Coffey both signed as well. A lot of guys were running late, it sounded like there was a team meeting?

Apparently people started lining up for Fielder at like 1:30. I opted to play wiffleball instead of go to the game tonight.

What do you mean people started lining up for Fielder. Do they do the Friday's different this year. Do you line up for the player you want?

Turbo...as he was walkin in I called out to him, "Jason, do you have time to sign, you're the only guy I'm missing" he replied "Sure come over here and I'll sign whatever you got" So I hopped the rail went over there, thanked him, and told him he can sign it wherever there is room and added "can you please add your number on there" he signed it, and started signing for some kids, I looked at it, and no number...so I politely asked him again, just for his number, and he replied "you know my number, it's 18!" as he was walking away.

BHF, I'm almost positive you and I were in line together a few weeks ago. Did you have that 16 x 20 (20x30?) picture of Hoffman? After the break, I realized it was probably you, I shoulda introduced myself, my bad...

Who were you in line for yesterday? When I called them, it souned like all bench guys, macha, and Fielder. Just wondering. Super glad I decided to take the night off.

Ya I did have that Hoffman 16x20, I don't think I remember you though...I went for Counsell...How did everyone do at the block party today?

I got Gallardo on a 16x20:

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv301/briannelson/In%20Person/100_7154.jpg

and Corey Hart and J.J. Hardy on this 16x20 - I only need to get Hall to complete it...

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv301/briannelson/In%20Person/100_7156.jpg

I was very impressed with how well it was run, I also met Brewerssupercollector...and we had a great game of softball at the park as well...I thought the Brewers did a great job.

OH MAN! What time did you guys get there, I'm kinda kickin myself for not goin now,but I desperately needed to catch up on sleep, sounds like the turnout wasn't that huge... I was thinking I'd only be able to get Gallardo. Next time.

BHF, I had a powder blue bike messenger bag, i was right with you and that older guy...next time I see you, I'll say something

I'd like to see them get McGehee in. For say $15 which is what Branyan cost last year at Jeff's.

I already have McGehee on a ball, but I would rather wait until the end of the season and get the ROY inscription to go with it http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

But, we all know Legends or someone will ruin it for us by having an exclusive.

This is unrelated, and I think I may have mentioned this a while ago at some point, but I am planning on going to Wrigley for autographs this weekend. I am hopefully going for BP all 3 days I go (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) and also probably early before the game for when the players enter the stadium on Friday. I was wondering if anyone has any autograph experience at Wrigley and could offer any advice.

For getting autographs early before the game on Friday, one of my specific concerns is exactly where to go (I heard from someone Addison Avenue, but I just wanted to verify this and check whether it's like behind the home plate area or what). Also, do players arrive for away games as early as they do for home games? I was planning on just getting there at 8am for a 1:20 game to be safe.

As far as getting autographs inside the stadium, if there's any Wrigley-specific thing I should be aware of or anything that's different from Miller Park please let me know. From the website it looks like you can only wait at the club box wall on the outfield side of the dugouts, but if anyone could offer any more details I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Archived