Brewer Fanatic

autographs, signings, and tips, part 3

tony2sweet
I went to the Sabathia one. I got there plenty early, I was only 20 people back. It did get really long though. I thought it was pretty well organized. People were very good about calling out line jumpers. However, one of my students parents jumped in line with me last minute. Even after telling him I didn't think that was a good idea since everyone here will know since we've been here for 4 hours, he still stayed there. He did get an earful from a lady, and still stayed. It was pretty sad coming from a parent of a high schooler.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I went to the Sabathia one. I got there plenty early, I was only 20 people back. It did get really long though. I thought it was pretty well organized. People were very good about calling out line jumpers. However, one of my students parents jumped in line with me last minute. Even after telling him I didn't think that was a good idea since everyone here will know since we've been here for 4 hours, he still stayed there. He did get an earful from a lady, and still stayed. It was pretty sad coming from a parent of a high schooler.
That kind of stuff drives me nuts. I'm 26 years old and I would never pull something like that. I think if people were fair, autographs would be even more enjoyable to obtain. But too many people just don't give a crap and they cheat while good people take the time to get their early and wait in line.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Total Shot in the Dark -

Does Kareem Abdul-Jabbar still sign? Where could I look to get in on a private signing? What could I expect to pay?

I'm in the early stages of plotting out a basement bar / rec room and would like to have a tribute to the 1971 Bucks.

Thanks in advance for your input and suggestions.

Abdul-Jabbar was at one of the Chicago sports shows I think 2 years ago signing with Mounted Memories. he was $99 on any item at the time. I remember that my brother got him on a ball. He was actually one of the more friendly signers at that show.

I would just check the bigger shows, he's bound to sign at one of them coming up.

I've sent photos and cars and have only recieved Uek's standard 8x10 in return, however, send him a ball and you will get a ball back, not necessarily yours though. I sent him a $5 Rawlings ball and got a OMLBB back

cool, I'm gonna give him a try...

anyone have the exact address that I should use for Miller Park?

thanks in advance.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I have had the same experience with Uecker, sent a $5 ball got a ROMLB back signed. Address I used:

Bob Uecker

C/O Milwaukee Brewers

Miller Park

One Brewers Way

Milwaukee, WI 53214

mucho thanko!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

With Phil Niekro signing in Appleton on Friday, I was wondering what the more seasoned collectors would think about adding him to a single-signed Milwaukee Braves hat by Hank Aaron. I know Niekro didn't have much of a career in MIL, but he was signed by them and a subsequent HOF'er. Would it decrease the value of the hat drastically if I added him to it? Increase it?

If its just for you and never going to be sold, do what makes you happy, If it were me though I would get him on something seperate, maybe another hat so you had a pair of them. Hank is one of the all time greatest players ever, to have Niekro on there with him would kill the value if you did plan on selling it.

Would it decrease the value of the hat drastically if I added him to it? Increase it?

Generally speaking -- outside of photos -- getting items signed by multiple players decreases the value of an item.

The exception to this rule, would be getting bats/balls/caps signed by players that are linked together...

Maris & Mantle

Spahn & Sain

Aaron & Matthews

Bagwell & Biggio

Phil & Joe Neikro

etc...

I wouldn't have Niekro sign the hat -- I'd have him sign another Braves hat, and perhaps start a collection of Braves hats signed by former Milw. Braves. If you go through the trouble to have Niekro sign something -- I'd have him sign his own single item definitely.

Thanks for the input about the hat. It turns out that Niekro is the only Brewer / Brave HOF'er that I don't have a bat signed by, so I'm going to go that route instead. Anyone have a spare bat they want to part with or where to pick up a Louisville Slugger for a decent price?

Archived