Brewer Fanatic

autographs, signings, and tips, part 3

tony2sweet
  • Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the players are coming in with luggage on get-away day (ie this Sunday), might they be less apt to sign at the players lot? Anyone who is a regular there with experience know if this correct? Or is it pretty much just like other games as far as who signs and how many guys might sign on their way in to the stadium?

Verified Member
Crowds were smaller than the summer months, which makes sense. I got down there at 4, and was 5th in line. Didn't think I would stand a chance to get Braun. But I made the dash and ended up 14th. Also had time to get Jorge Julio and Ed Sedar. Very good night. They kept all the players about ten feet away from the stands and had employees take your items to the player and back to lessen the impact of germs/flu. They had black and silver sharpies and blue ballpoints. Sucked if you wanted a blue sharpie auto. However I asked Braun to sign one of the 5x7 cards with Blue Sharpie (before I knew he didn't have one) he said he didn't have one and I tossed him mine, so he gladly took it. Julio would not take it, and I didn't ask Sedar. Braun would not sweet spot balls, and personalized some items, but I know his personalization policy was not consistent as two friends of mine got 11x14s signed and he personalized one, but not the other.

Yeah it appears that basically Legends is piggy backing off of other sports memorabilia companies to get bigger signings and taking that company's regular price and then jacking up the price to make a huge profit. Essentially charging a premium to meet the player here in the Milwaukee area. With Braun they are making about $50 per autograph because they are going through Mikita. If you want Yount, I would suggest waiting until the sports show in Chicago in July, I would bet that he will probably be cheaper there.
Yount, Molitor and Gantner are appearing at the Chicago show through Legends (as is Dayne) so the Yount prices are the same. Unfortunately Yount refuses to do a Wisconsin signing.

hofcs -

I tried as hard as I could to get Braun to sign in blue, I even offered him $20 to sign in blue, but he said he had to do what they told him...I don't see why they just couldn't have a blue sharpie...also, what is the point of them not letting me give him a sharpie? I said they could keep it, if they are worried about the flu, there are germs on everyone's item?

Verified Member
Super Collector: The cards are different. Nicer than last year in my opinion. Do you have any extras from the Winter Warm Up? I need about 10 and have about 10 extra. BHF: I think the Brewers just buy their sharpies in black for "front office" use and then some make their way to the locker room for autographs. You can get boxes of black sharpies at any office supply store, but blues in boxes are harder to find, so that is my guess why they don't have blues. I was early in line so he took mine. I am guessing that the employees then told him to not do it any more. While I agree there is still a chance of germs spreading, the way they did it does cut down on them however. I honestly thought they might cancel the signings as a result of it. Glad they didn't do that. Have to wait and see what this Friday brings.

how did you guys know where to go for the signing on friday? i know they had the website all messed up with TBA for all the players and locations starting at about noon. i decided not to drive in and wait in line because it was unclear who was signing and where.

i did get grace's auto on thursday....that was a stoke!

I know this is a shot in the dark, but because I coach high school baseball, we have a game on Friday. Anyone willing to get an Yovanni ball signed for me? I don't know how we'd work it out, I'd pay or trade, and get you a ball in return, but if anyone brings their girlfriends/family/whatever with and can get an extra, that'd be great.

I don't know if he ever signs in the lot, as he was on the DL last year when I was able to get to the lot. PM me.

• 3 weeks later...
Yovani Gallardo at Jeff's Sports on May 30th from 11 to noon. Autographs are $35 and is limited to 200 autographs.
Yeah I got that email yesterday. I would pay the $35, but I was lucky and got Gallardo on a baseball in September last year during BP at Miller Park. I hope Jeff does Hoffman or Bush at some point.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Yovani Gallardo at Jeff's Sports on May 30th from 11 to noon. Autographs are $35 and is limited to 200 autographs.
Yeah I got that email yesterday. I would pay the $35, but I was lucky and got Gallardo on a baseball in September last year during BP at Miller Park. I hope Jeff does Hoffman or Bush at some point.

Are you looking for Bush on a OMLB.

Is it just me, or does $35 for Gallardo seem pretty expensive. I could see $25, but not $35 unless I had a game used item I wanted signed.
I think it's a steep price too. We all know his potential, but $35 is silly, imo.

I was really lucky to get him TTM or I would still be looking for his auto.

i don't think that price for gallardo is that bad...hoffman will probably not do a signing, he hasn't done a public in a while, and his agent wants to get 50,000 for one, which means about 100 per...which I think is hilarious seeing as he is a pretty good signer in person...but i guess it is a business

i don't think that price for gallardo is that bad...hoffman will probably not do a signing, he hasn't done a public in a while, and his agent wants to get 50,000 for one, which means about 100 per...which I think is hilarious seeing as he is a pretty good signer in person...but i guess it is a business
Yeah I would not care if it was public or private. But I would NOT pay $100. I think the most I would pay for Hoffman would be $50 and that would be pushing it.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived