Brewer Fanatic

autographs, signings, and tips, part 3

tony2sweet
  • Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think I will be going Sunday. I want to try and make it Friday. Maybe get a Pete Rose bat and get my Ron Dayne 8x10 signed of him breaking the rushing record. I think I have the ticket stub too. I'm waiting to see if they add anyone else on Friday.

I plan on going Thursday and Friday. If no one else can help you, keep in touch, and I'll see what I can do.

What's the difference between VIP and non? I see you can go in early, but besides that, do you have to wait in line as long for autos? What other perks are there? Is it worth it?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm considering sending a ball to Johnny Logan. He came by to "scout" the baseball team I coach for the other night. He dropped off a couple cards with his address on them to mail back, and I think he was gone before the first pitch. But I got his home address now, and I got to talk with him for about 15 minutes before I had to go hit fungo to my outfielders. He was a pretty nice guy, and gave a good pep talk to a few of the kids. I didn't want to ask him about mailing him a ball to sign though.

Has anyone been to a game yet this year? I heard that you can no longer get autographs at the player's lot before or after games. Heard that they put something up that makes it impossible. Just wondering if anyone else knew anything about this.

anybody have any tips on getting the visiting announcer auto? i am thinking the best way may be to try to throw it up to the booth from the section below.? anybody got any thoughts about this or success doing this?

jimmy...if you were coming in the home plate enterance to the right of the team store, and go up that escalator...then take a left before the pressbox, there is an elevator there. It says "media elevator." All of the announcers come through that, they come up before, and ride down after, I just did it with Joe Morgan, and I know that Ron Santo, Tony Gwynn, and Jim Palmer have all signed there. Uecker also comes up there, and he will sign for you, but he will berate you first, if you really want it that bad...

I'm surprised that Joe Morgan signs, and congrats on that. I would love to get him someday. Is he with the Reds or just Sunday night baseball?

I've seen Tony Gywnn have people throw balls up to him in the press box, and I got Don Sutton on a ball and a bobble last year, on the ball he was more than happy to put HOF on it. Very nice guy. I plan on taking advantage of this more this year, I think I'm also gonna try to get Jim Powell for the Braves series as I always enjoyed him as a commentator, even if there isn't any real value there.

In the past, you could get anything signed, including jerseys. I'm gonna get down there as early as possible, yet my girlfriend and I were first in line last year at the gates, and she still didn't get in there fast enough to get him. But, she refuses to sprint, and jogged there.

If Braun personalizes items, forget it, it took him all day to sign at the On Deck because of that, with only about 25 minutes, He's only gonna get through 20-30 people.

I'd love to get a Braun jersey signed, they're so expensive though. Maybe I can save up enough cash to get one for his other appearance. Beats paying 150 at Legends. Saturday I'm going to try my luck in the lot for the first time this season. All I have not in storage right now is a Braun, Fielder, Hardy and Hart bobble. Hope one or two of those guys is willing to sign.

I will be going Sunday with some bobbles to see what I can get in the players lot http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Don't know what to take yet but definitely will have a Brad Nelson with me just not sure which one yet.

Archived