Brewer Fanatic

autographs, signings, and tips, part 3

tony2sweet
  • Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A while back Jon from Anderson Authentics did a signing with Gamel that I got a couple items from. They all turned out really nice and he's a great guy to work with. He just told me about a Private signing with Taylor Green and Lorenzo Cain that he got a bunch of game-used items from. Prices are pretty good for game-used. Items and prices are below along with any items that are in short supply. Just e-mail him at andersonauthentics@gmail.com and tell him Greg told you about it.

Taylor Green-

Bats (cracked, name engraved)-$65 per

Batting Gloves (pair)-$25 per

Spikes (pair)-$50 per

Fielding Glove-$250 per

Lorenzo Cain-

Bats (cracked, name engraved)-$75 per

Batting Gloves (pair)-$35 per (two pairs left)

Spikes (pair)-$60 per (three pairs left)

All items are signed and inscribed with year of use. Each batting glove and spike are signed and inscribed individually.

has anyone ever gotten autographs at marquette games? I'm wanting to do the opposing team, but I have no idea if it is even possible with my upper level ticket, or is it possible to get them outside when they are coming in, or leaving the bc?

thanks for any help or tips,

thanks.

no idea if this will help you or not, but here goes....

I don't know if it's possible to get them on their way in/out, but I believe they enter right off of State Street. For a lot of games there are coach buses along the side of the road there if my memory serves me right. Also, that would make sense for them to enter there, because that is the end of the arena on which all the players go into the tunnel to the locker rooms (at least for Bucks games... I have never paid attention at Marquette games).

As far as getting autographs inside the stadium, I know for Bucks games you can go down to section 101 before the game. You can only wait in that section and can only go until all the players are done shooting around (usually about a half hour before the game). For Marquette games, I couldn't tell you whether they have the same policy or not. Hope this was some help to you....

I'm sure your speaking about Jon. He's a really nice guy that collects only for himself. He's not into getting anything signed but baseball cards and sometimes the Brewers 5x8's. He'll give you a hand getting guys at Autograph Fridays too if you know him (He got a friend of mine a Sabathia ball signed at the Block Party because he only wanted Fielder, who cancelled).

He's helped me out before just because he's a nice guy. Sometimes he goes to Autograph Fridays just to get the cards and doesn't care about getting anyone to sign anything. He's kinda an odd duck, but he's no G-Rob, I can tell you that much.

Jon seems to take more pride in the sport of the hunt, at least from what I've observed. I know for bobblehead days he always wants to be the first one in the Uecker line (which he usually is). A couple people asked him what time he usually gets there and he was all "I can't tell you that." One day some people beat him and he was kind of ticked about it. I've definitely seen worse, though.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There are a bunch of upcoming signings at Legends. Here's the link:

http://www.legendsofthefield.com/Shop/Control/fp/SFV/32553/view_page/upcomingsignings

I would really like to know where they are getting these prices from for some of these players. As much as I would like to get something signed by Hank Aaron, it just isn't gonna happen w/a starting price of $250!!! You have got to be kidding me. There's no other upcoming signing of his for a cheaper rate??! Who is going to pay those prices at this time?

It might be me, but I would probably pay the $250 to shake Aaron's hand, have my picture taken with him and then have him sign my ball with some type of inscription.

The only way I would pay those types of prices would be if I had some type of game used item and it was the only way I could have it signed by him.

There are a bunch of upcoming signings at Legends. Here's the link:

http://www.legendsofthefi...ew_page/upcomingsignings

I would really like to know where they are getting these prices from for some of these players. As much as I would like to get something signed by Hank Aaron, it just isn't gonna happen w/a starting price of $250!!! You have got to be kidding me. There's no other upcoming signing of his for a cheaper rate??! Who is going to pay those prices at this time?

I have an old Brewers aaron jersey i want him to sign, but for $500(that's right), i can't afford that in the economy right now. I am thinking about checking the Atlanta area sporting collectable market and see if they don't do signings there for cheaper.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Check out Steiner's website. Aaron is appearing for them at a retail store in NY on June 13th. Prices are $160 for flats and $300 for others. I have sent in an item or two for each of Aaron's last three signings (each with Steiner) and while I don't know this for sure, I would bet a bunch that Legends is just taking the items to the signing and making a profit of about $100 to $200 per item (or more if they are getting wholesale pricing). I encourage you guys to do mail order with Steiner. They aren't cheap, but I have never had anything but positive experiences with them! Plus, in regards to Aaron, they are the only ones to have had him for a signing in YEARS!!!

Yeah it appears that basically Legends is piggy backing off of other sports memorabilia companies to get bigger signings and taking that company's regular price and then jacking up the price to make a huge profit. Essentially charging a premium to meet the player here in the Milwaukee area. With Braun they are making about $50 per autograph because they are going through Mikita. If you want Yount, I would suggest waiting until the sports show in Chicago in July, I would bet that he will probably be cheaper there.

If it's just a baseball you're looking for from Hank Aaron and not something that you specifically want to get signed, I would look for it at one of the shows in Chicago as well. I got one down there that's PSA certified for $100.

It's my hope that Legends will fall flat on their face realizing in this market and this economy they can't get away with those ridiculous prices. Even the prices for Hart and Hardy I thought were pretty ridiculous.

, I would bet a bunch that Legends is just taking the items to the signing and making a profit of about $100 to $200 per item (or more if they are getting wholesale pricing)

Stieners is actually about $100 more expensive for a jersey, but thanks for the heads up, i'll keep an eye on them.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

I can't wait for that show, I'm trying to decide when I want to go, are you only going Sunday Greg?

I want Peyton, but the rollback pricing for Friday is a steal...And I want Ripken on saturday, I can't afford more than one day which is beside the point, but oh well...

I for sure want to go Sunday though...

Archived