Brewer Fanatic

autographs, signings, and tips, part 3

tony2sweet

having one autograph of all the players you like is cool...

having multiple autographs of the same player is not cool.

I can hardly blame the players when some idiot shoves 10 cards in his face and wants them signed, they know they are going to be sold, and what do they get out of it?

the entire hobby has become over-saturated to begin with, and as someone mentioned, people who act this way are ruining it for those who just want a sig from our favorite players...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

billyhallfan....

Just out of curiosity, where exactly do you go in the airport to get these guys' autographs as they arrive/leave? I don't think I'm going to try tomorrow, I'm just wondering for future reference if the opportunity ever presents itself again.

Also, does anyone have any info at all on what hotel the team might stay at when they play the Cubs in Chicago? I have an internship in Chicago over the summer and will undoubtedly be there to see the Brewers dominate the Cubs at Wrigley over the 4th of July weekend. I have heard that it is fairly easy to get autographs of players as they head in to Wrigley (if I remember correctly they enter off of Addison Avenue... though I've never been to Wrigley and am just going based on what I remember hearing from someone....). However, if anyone can tell me anything on where the Brewers or MLB teams in general usually stay when playing the Cubs, I'd appreciate it, just to have that as an option too if I'm feeling ambitious.

The thing about getting cards signed, and I don't collect cards anymore so I don't get them signed, and don't know how to display em, is that they don't sell for anything. Who would take the time to sell Mitch Stetter cards on eBay? G-Rob probably doesn't make anything off those, if anything he loses money on putting the auctions on eBay. G-Rob is a total joke, and I hope he checks this page to see that as well. I personally think it's hilarious that he gets 10 Stetter cards, or Dillard cards, or McClung cards to help him pay child support. Of those he probably brings in a total of 6 bucks, and spends 3 on cards, that's a joke.

I enjoy getting autographs, I spent all last summer running around with this silly bat. Thankfully all I need still is Kendall. I've been getting bobbleheads signed lately since I already got em, and have a lot of the players on balls. I just figured if I'm standing around with a bat, and have everyone but one guy, I might as well get bobbleheads signed.

I'm just rambling as my girlfriend is showing me all the new clothes she went and bought today while I was at the On Deck. Sorry, now I'm getting yelled at. Anyway, autographs are fun to get and a fun hobby, but I try not to be obsessive about it.

(edit: language --1992)

G-Rob is a total +%#!!!+%*

When you use colorful language, please preview your post to make sure it's permissible.

Hotel information, both for the Brewers and for visiting teams, should be in the Media Guide.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

nice braun collection you have there, very impressed, i wish i could afford all of that...

just a question, wouldn't you want the derby and as balls to be signed under the logo? i would think it would be nicer to display them with the logos showing? that is just me though...

awesome collection...

he's some guy that gets stuff signed just to sell it on ebay. he acts like some hot shot, when most people can't stand him. he also got a bunch of ben sheets 8x10s signed in the lot once by Brian Shouse since they have very similar signatures. all in all, he's a real class act. i'm sure BHF has other stories he can share as well.

Why would Shouse sign pictures of Sheets anyway?
I witnessed him do this, and I witnessed him get caught. He puts a Shouse 8x10 on top, and then Sheets 8x10's underneath. So once Shouse signed the top one, he just moved the top one up a little so Shouse couldn't see that the bottom 8x10 wasn't of him.

BHF, I thought about getting them signed under the logo's, but I wanted to build a collection of balls signed on the SS. They will never be to sell, but someday when I can afford to have them displayed with markings it will look nice, I hope haha. Thanks for the compliment. Its a collection that I have been working pretty hard to build. I hope I have enough room for it all some day.

I went to the Ron Dayne Signing today at Legends.... it was the first public signing tthat I've ever attended, and it went surprisingly well. I've read various complaints about how their signings on the board, as well as positive mentions as well. Not knowing what to expect when I walked in, I was a bit overwhelmed. But I was in and out in less than an hour. My only regret is that I didn't get a picturee with the man. I've apparently become decent friends with the owners of LOTF, and he was willing to get me a couple free inscriptions on my items which I really appreciated. I ended up with the Goralski Dayne litho signed and an official UW gameday football signed by Ron in gold. The both look really sweet. I also walked out of there with a signed Ben Sheets 11x14 framed photo in his throwback Braves uni for $70, which I've had my eye on for over a yearl All in all, a very good day for my collection!

Whats up people,

I used to frequent the hotels when I was in college and stuff, and am quite proud of my collection. I never did it to profit, but only to display and store away somethings as well. I remember G-Rob when from about 10-12 years ago, he was just as bad. There were other bums out their like Danny, Rex , Joe, and some scab faced dude, I forgot his name, he goes to a lot of golf events, and drove some broke down junker when I knew him.

I am glad to be part of this community and look forward to dealing with fans who collect autos/trade them for others, but do not do this to profit

Archived