Brewer Fanatic

autographs, signings, and tips, part 3

tony2sweet
  • Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was another little project that I finished up the other day thanks to Michaels. I'm with tristarscoop on this one, it's girlish, but they have everything for your framing needs. I went the other day and bought a bunch of frames to finish some other projects. Most of the frames are 40% off right now and then you can use the additional 25% off coupon that he posted the link for.

Frames at Michaels are ALWAYS on sale. Always. Plus they have coupons and matting and can even do custom matting there for a very low price. Getting stuff custom framed there is a ripoff, but buying it and doing yourself is a great deal.

So I have a sliver sharpie and a sliver paint pen. Which would look better on the Morgan SI? I've never really gotten a magazine signed.

The silver paint markers can often have bumps in the flow of the ink. You don't want to give someone a paint pen that you haven't already written with a few minutes before. I have a batting helmet that I took to the first two rounds of block parties and had a bunch of guys sign it in a gold paint pen and that was a lesson learned early on. You have to shake it up, push the point in and write on something to get the flow of ink going.

I like paint pens, but they also take much, much longer to dry. You have to let it be for at least a day - it can remain sticky and when you touch it to see if its dry, it'll pick up your fingerprints. Depending on what you frame it in, I could see the paint pen ink sticking to the plastic/glass.

• 2 weeks later...
My question might have been answered somewhere in this thread, but does anyone know where the Brewers will be staying in CHI in a few weeks? I am hoping to head down there for a few games and would love to try and get a few autographs at the hotel after the game. Thanks in advance.

Here is the next trick then boys....

Buy something nice like the magazine holder...Then take the glass that it came with and throw it away.

Then go to their custom framing department. Tell them you want the same size glass but you want the UV glass (UV glass, not museum glass). It is not that much money, believe me.

Then enjoy your signed magazine, photo, ball, etc., and you do not have to worry about it fading.

does anyone know where the Brewers will be staying in CHI in a few weeks? I am hoping to head down there for a few games and would love to try and get a few autographs at the hotel after the game.

They usually stay at the Westin on N Michigan Avenue. I've never gone to the team hotel after a game, but I've heard from people who said the hotel was good before games. I also have had really good luck right outside Wrigley Field before games.

Archived