Brewer Fanatic

autographs, signings, and tips, part 3

tony2sweet
  • Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Axford and Marcum will be at Waukesha Sportscards on Sept 10th...........Though you would have to pay for the auto, you don't have to wait hours in line.

They also have Nyjer and Mark Kotsay on August 27th.

Did anyone go to the Morgan signing at Miller Park? If I get there at like 9 am for the John Axford signing, is that early enough? I plan on just taking my Kindle and a chair in a bag and setting up camp.
At the Morgan signing the latest people to get in got there at 1045, which was only 1:15 before it started. I bet people that get there by the same time for the Ax signing, which is an hour later, will get in.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Prince Eat Meat, I didn't see your post til just now - guess I probably could have saved myself some time.

I ended up waking up an hour earlier than I planned, so I got breakfast and headed over to Miller Park about 945. I was probably 50th or so in line. Axe got there a few minutes early. When I got in my car, my clock read 1:08, which is kind of crazy.

Yeah, I got there at about 10:00 and got out by 1:15 or so. Didn't necessarily need to go that early like I said, but I had no reason to wait this morning. Under other circumstances I probably would've just went a little later. I bet most of the line got autographs today.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

The Brewers are on the cover of SI this week, Morgan is front and center. The question I have now is...do I get the SI signed? Or the 8x10 I have?

Anyone have any magazines signed? Can you see the signature ok on the mag? Is it difficult to frame a magazine like that?

Ideally I would buy one, but the signing is this Saturday (and I already bought a ticket). There is no way I would get it in time. Though I'd guess he's doing another signing at some point.

Anyone here tried to frame an SI?

Yeah, you can go to Michael's and buy an 8x10 matte in any color and a larger frame for a total of $15-$20 if you do it yourself. The matte may cut off part of the SI as the viewing space is a little smaller but they look good and are cost effective.

I have a Brett Favre "Sportsman of the Year" framed and it looks great. I actually bought a magazine frame from Michael's for like $10. Here is the link for the frame I bought. I can post a pic of what my Favre one looks like in a frame.

I have a Brett Favre "Sportsman of the Year" framed and it looks great. I actually bought a magazine frame from Michael's for like $10. Here is the link for the frame I bought. I can post a pic of what my Favre one looks like in a frame.

You just made my day. I have looked around for magazine frames for a long time and never found any that were reasonably priced. I however I never checked the Michael's in my town. Awesome. Thanks, I have wanted to get my Yount, Deer and Braun SI mags framed for sometime. Now I can.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Would you mind posting a picture of that Favre mag?

So with the Brewers cover here this week, any suggestions as to what I should have him sign it with? Would like the signature to stand out obviously. Any suggestions?

This is a total girl answer to these questions, but I literally went to Michaels today to frame up a bunch of my Brewers stuff. Almost their entire stock of frames is 40% off. Their ad in the Sunday paper had a coupon for an extra 25% off all frame purchases (here's a linkto the online coupon) The poster frames weren't 40% off, but Michaels always has a 40% coupon in their ads (on that same link). I bought six frames of various sizes for under $45, which is super cheap.

They have some unique size frames that you can't find elsewhere. We bought a lineup card at last week's Brewers Community Foundation event and I was able to buy an 11 x 17 frame for it there. I know it's a girly craft store, but don't let that keep you away. I've framed everything I have from there.

Also, they have a square frame that they market as being able to hold an LP, but that I use for framing programs from various events. The hinges in back are spring loaded, so the frame adjusts to the depth of whatever you're putting in to it and holds it in place. The frame is the exact size of a scrapbooking sheet, which Michaels also sells, so you are able to buy a background color sheet that works as matting. Here's one of my programs in the frame: http://lockerz.com/s/132390364

I have a poster from the County Stadium/Miller Park switchover which has really ridiculous dimensions and I've been unable to find any frame big enough to hold it. The poster has a lot of white space around the edges. According to the girl who checked me out today, if I bring the poster in, they'll use their professional equipment to trim it from me so that it will fit in a conventional frame for just a few bucks. Since custom framing is beaucoup expensive, I'm excited to find out about this option.

Here's a pic of the Favre magaine. You can see the auto shows up pretty well.

http://s490.photobucket.com/albums/rr265/sjs779/Autographs/Brett%20Favre/?action=view&current=IMG00383-20110824-0700.jpg

I'm hoping to find a copy of the Brewers Sports Illustrated before this weekend so that I can get it signed at the Morgan signing. Does anyone know when they actually hit the shelves?

Thanks for posting the picture. That actually looks pretty cool. I think I'm going to go that route.

They should be in stores today or tomorrow.

Now based on the picture, what should I have him sign the cover with? Any specific color or pen/marker that should be used for a magazine?

i'd go with a silver sharpie, it should be the cleanest, either that or a silver paint pen...i'd like to get nyjer to sign an SI too, but I won't be around saturday...if anyone's going that wouldn't mind getting two lemme know...i can pay you in advance, obviously.

If you don't have your tickets for Nyjer this weekend, call now and order them. I talked to robb today and he said he is close to selling out of the allotted tickets. He hopes he will stay longer, but he won't know until he arrives on Saturday.

Archived