Brewer Fanatic

autographs, signings, and tips, part 3

tony2sweet
  • Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Prince's signature is definitely getting simpler, and the past couple of times I've gotten it, it's also been fairly sloppy. Both times, time was a factor (once he signed for just 3 people and was in a hurry, the other time he was signing for all 30ish people and doing multiples on his way into a game), but then again, when is time not a factor? From my experience he signs a lot of autographs when he can do it lazily (eg without walking over to the fence in the player's lot), so he's probably always in a rush to get all the signatures in, making his signature naturally more simple and sloppy even if time isn't an issue.

ekutchery, did he sweet spot it?

I'm considering sending in the ball i have commemorating the last game at county stadium to him to sign. though I'd ask him to sign it under the logo.

I wouldn't recommend this. Uecker does sign balls through the mail, but you don't get the ball back that you send. He signs the balls as a bunch, and then randomly puts them back in envelopes.

What's the postage generally run for a baseball in a bubble envelope? Thanks!

For the return envelope I usually use the smallest bubble envelope that will fit a baseball and use 6 stamps. For the envelope going to the player I usually just have the post office weigh it.

Yeah it was sweet spotted, but as others have said... it wasn't the ball I sent. I sent one that had a few stains on it and got back a perfect romlb. I'd be wary on sending a special ball, too. It cost around $3 each way. I just went to the post office self serve machine. I shipped it in a large padded envelope with a smaller padded SASE inside. I have a Grienke outstanding as well.

good lineup today at the block party: Braun, Weeks, Greinke, Saito, Gomez, Kottaras, Roenike, Wilson, Narron.

sadly I struck out and got Gomez. I probably coulda traded with someone to get Saito, but didn't think of it till it was too late.

It was a good lineup for today's block party ... and I was very suprised to see Braun there. It was also suprising to see Weeks there too, as he was signing at Waukesha Sportscards earlier in the day.

I was watching Zack Greinke sign autographs in his line and noticed that he signed everybody's item with a black sharpie only ... baseballs, photos, etc. I saw him do this for 10 - 15 people before I stopped watching. Did he sign like this the entire time? Bummer if he did ... there were lots of people with blue pens ready and he did not appear to take any of them.

Did Braun sweet spot?

Finally, I did a post on this already ... but if anybody has an extra Saito ROMLB baseball signed in blue ink on the sweet spot ... contact me.

Greinke took the blue sharpie I gave him and signed my photo. But he didn't say a word to anyone and it was very obvious he was extremely uncomfortable with the situation. My girlfriend did get a Saito signed ROMLB signed in blue. PM me if your interested.

• 1 month later...
Anyone have info on when Axford is signing at the Brewers Clubhouse? I wanna say it's 8/18, but I can't find anything online about it to save my life... If someone finds a link, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Wednesday 8/17 from 1 to 2. Morgan's line was ridiculous last week. If you got there an hour early you were pretty much out of luck.

I'm hoping K-Rod does one signing while he's in Milwaukee. These weekday summer signings are pretty awesome, I hope they do them more next season.

Morgan is doing signings at Waukesha Sportscards and Legends of the Field later this month. Two questions if anyone can help:

1 - does he have a "Tony Plush" signature? It would be cool to get one with Morgan and one with Plush

2 - does anyone know how I can get a quality 8x10 made? Both places have pictures for sale, but I want one of him doing the "T" symbol. Obviously I can find a picture but I don't know how to get the quality high enough to not look horrible on the wall as an 8x10. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I may want to do this with both as I think all the pictures they have leave much to be desired. Here is one I think would be cool:

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/288830/thumbs/s-NYJER-MORGAN-large300.jpg

I can't find one with him doing the "T" yet but I'm sure I can.

Nyjer does have a "T-Plush" signature. Bobble Brian got it and sent me a picture. It was signed T-Plush Nyjer Morgan. I tried posting a picture of the ball, but it isn't working for some reason.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Archived