Brewer Fanatic

autographs, signings, and tips, part 3

tony2sweet

i guess i am a little disappointed at who is and is not going to be there. i also thought the $15 a person to get in was going to be the money maker in comparison to doing this before one of the exhibition games, but apparently they need to charge for most of the autos now. anyways, here is a list of who is going to be there:

AUTOGRAPH SCHEDULE (subject to change)

STAGE 1

11:00 - 11:45 a.m. - Ryan Braun, $25

12:30 - 1:15 p.m. - Trevor Hoffman, $25

2:00 - 2:45 p.m. - Corey Hart, $10

3:30 - 4:15 p.m. - Tony Gwynn, $10

STAGE 2

11:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. - J.J. Hardy, $10

1:00 - 1:45 p.m. - Yovani Gallardo, $10

2:30 - 3:15 p.m. -Todd Coffey and Manny Parra, $10

STAGE 3

12:00 - 12:45 p.m. - Dave Bush, $10

1:30 - 2:15 p.m. - Jeff Suppan, $10

3:00 - 3:45 p.m. - Carlos Villanueva, $10

STAGE 4

11:00 - 11:45 a.m. - Rickie Weeks, $10

12:30 - 1:15 p.m. - Mike Cameron, $10

2:00 - 2:45 p.m. - Mat Gamel and Angel Salome, Free

3:30 - 4:15 p.m. - Taylor Green and Casey McGehee, Free

STAGE 5

11:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. - Mark DiFelice and Brad Nelson, Free

1:00 - 1:45 p.m. - Ken Macha, $10

2:30 - 3:15 p.m. - Vinny Rottino and R.J. Swindle, Free

STAGE 6

12:00 - 12:45 p.m. - Bob Uecker, $25

1:30 - 2:15 p.m. - Tim Dillard and Mitch Stetter, Free

3:00 - 3:45 p.m. - Mike Rivera and Eduardo Morlan, $10

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the update. Even though the cost of autographs seems pretty reasonable, I'm sure that just having a fee will really help with the lines. I was surprised to see that guys like Gamel, Green, Rottino, Dillard, and Stetter do not have autograph fees. They could be the most popular.

Dmiles--I am not, but yes as you guessed Lodiness is from Tom Wopat land!!! (I think that's who he always told me was from Lodi at least)
Ha... yep, that's where I'm from... and Tom Wopat is the big guy from Lodi. I'm not sure if that's something to brag about though...

I'd imagine that the chilly temps may hinder people getting there too early. It's supposed to be a high of 10 Saturday. It's much different than the regular On-Deck events where it's in the 30's if not the 40's or 50's.

I just looked more closely at the weather forecast for Saturday morning. The high for Saturday is 12... but that's supposed to be at midnight and the temp will be falling from there. They say 9 at 4am and 5 at 7am... and I'd guess falling from there down to the low of 0. So if you are planning on waiting in line for any length of time... DRESS WARM!!

it isn't worth it to have a ball signed by dave bush in the first place
and it not worth 220.00 to have becketts framed and another 110 for a magazine framed. but to each his own. i guess

and great idea going to airport. you made out well. i love the 5x7 signed player cards. they look great

yes i was talking about the friday cards. and i know what your point was. but bush is a mlb starting pitcher for the brewers and if thats what he wants let him be. it may decrease the value of the ball to you. but maybe increase the value to him and his collection. i collect to increase the value of my collection in my opinion and not anyone elses. . i was just messing with you. and your frames look great will display great.

BHF, I like Dave Bush. He pitches for my favorite team and is pretty good. Is he CC or Sheets? No, but he is a good starting pitcher who I still think has his best years ahead of him. Much like when I paid for the Russell Branyan signing last year it is not always about how much it is worth to a card shop or memorabilia store but what it is worth to the owner of the item. Who knows, Bush could go out this year and have a career year 18 wins ERA under 4, it has happened before to pitchers like him. But either way I will be happy with my Bush signed ball.

matt, you pretty much said it all.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

You can see why players dont want to sign for anyone when they are stalked everywhere they go and adults are asking them to sign 10 cards or photos. I love autographs as much as the next guy but you have to draw the line somewhere.

You can see why players dont want to sign for anyone when they are stalked everywhere they go and adults are asking them to sign 10 cards or photos. I love autographs as much as the next guy but you have to draw the line somewhere.
I kind of have to agree with this comment. I like to get autographs for my personal collection because I love baseball and think its cool stuff to put on display in your office or den. I never sell any of my stuff to try to make money. I like going to signings at card show signings, when Jeff's has them, during BP at the park or the On Deck type of events and that is about it. I have gone to the players lot twice but I doubt I will do that again because you see all the people there that go like every game and hence the players don't even want to sign.

I think it's cool that BHF got all that stuff signed at the airport, but I would never go to a hotel or airport for autographs. That to me is just a little overboard. Just my opinion.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Think of it this way....

Players arrive in Milwaukee via airport...arrive and see multiple auto seekers, many requesting 10 photos/cards signed.
Players arrive at their hotel...same
Players arrive at Miller Park...same
Players come out for BP....same
Players go to leave Miller Park...same
Sadly, the players are seeing the SAME people in these places. You know the players are thinking that most of these items they are signing are ending up on Ebay.

Dont forget that they are treated like this when they go to other cities and stadiums.

I think that getting auto's for free is kind of addicting to some people.

For the average guy, who wants an autograph to pass down to his kid one day, its hard not to feel like some are ruining it.

Archived