Brewer Fanatic

autographs, signings, and tips, part 3

tony2sweet
Keeping "us" away is exactly what they want to do.............even though in a couple of years they will change all of these policies in order to "bring us back" after their ticket sales fall and they once again "want" ("need") our money.

They don't need you that much, lol.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Keeping "us" away is exactly what they want to do.............even though in a couple of years they will change all of these policies in order to "bring us back" after their ticket sales fall and they once again "want" ("need") our money.

They don't need you that much, lol.

carniesandrubes....I know what your trying to say, but there will not be 3 million of "us" this year. Maybe 2.6-2.7 million? How many of "us" do the Brewers lose before there's an impact?

this, from a poster on the brewers website

Attended - Hoffman, Randolph, Narverson, Villanueva, Kottaras, Hawkins with Kyles, and Inglett with Peterson. (Pardon any spelling)

Here's how it worked. When you got there, you got a single autograph ticket, and they marked your hand in Sharpee. There were 7 colors of tickets, one each per autograph line. Just before signing started, each player drew the color they would sign for from a hat.

For the most part, it was well run and smooth. Did they improve the "fairness" of it? In some ways, but mostly they made it worst.

The honest people got a single ticket and went through their one autograph line and were happy.

The jerks went through the ticket line multiple times, always rubbing the Sharpee off before each trip. I saw people with 4 or 5 tickets of different colors. One person complained that he couldn't use all his tickets before the event ended.

Hopefully they will use unremovable colored wrist bands next time. If they don't, it'll get worse.

i used multiple tickets. i got hoffman on a jersey (personalized: Corey, "All The Best" Trevor Hoffman. on the 5 (kinda a bummer cuz i woulda paid if it wasnt personalized, but it still looks pretty good) and traded 3 tickets with a girl for Randolph (she wanted kottaras).

honestly, I think it went much better than other ones, though I got who I wanted. i'll probably go to another one. the nice thing is that you dont have to get there early...next time, i'm not gonna bother getting there till close to 10, about the time the brewers staff showed up

• 1 month later...

Went to the Pfister on Saturday afternoon, only trying to get Strasburg. Most of the other guys who came out during the time I was there signed, but Strasburg made a conscious effort to look the other direction while his cab pulled up.

Apparently Strasburg signed inside Miller Park before the game on Friday, but stopped after 4 autographs because a huge crowd formed instantly and he didn't like how people were leaning/pushing and not paying attention to the kids.

• 5 months later...

Jeff Cirillo and Fernando Vina are appearing at Waukesha Sportscards today.

They have Chris Bosio, Teddy Higuera and Juan Nieves signing the first Saturday of February.

Thought some of you may want to know.

• 3 weeks later...

Axford will be in town soon, per twitter, if anyone wantas to hit him up at the airport

JohnAxford59 John Axford

At O'Hare on a layover. Will be in the land of beer and cheese in a few hours! #BrewersOnDeck will be fun tomorrow.

5 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

• 2 months later...
McGehee signs all the time, particularly before games, so if you want him you'd have a real good chance. I went in the morning on Opening Day and got him, Mitre, Loe, and Morgan. Other than McGehee and maybe some of the young guys, it's pretty hit and miss.

• 1 month later...
Did anyone go to the Driver softball game today? If so, did you have any luck with autographs? Or any general observations after watching these guys hang out together for the first time since February?

Has anyone stayed in the same hotel as the Brewers during a road trip? We'll be at the Sheridan in two weekends for the Red Sox series and hoping to get a bunch. How early before games do players normally leave for the park?

To answer the question about when players will leave the hotel for the game, from my experience players usually arrive at the stadium for away games about as early as they would for home games. The exception is that the team bus might arrive later than the last-arriving players for a home game. So, players generally arrive in taxis at games between 4 and 7 hours early for night games and between 2.5 and 6 hours early for day games, depending on the exact game time, with the team bus getting there maybe 2.5 or 3 hours before the game.

So, for the night game in Boston, a good guess might be that the first few players start heading to the lobby sometime between 11am and 12pm to begin heading to the stadium and/or get lunch. Players may (or may not) be going through the lobby until the team bus heads to the stadium around 3:30 or 4pm EDT. For the day games, the early-rising players may start coming to the lobby for breakfast/to head to the game around 7 or 7:30am, with the team bus leaving around 10am or 10:30am. These are just guesses, but that's probably what I'd bank on if I were in Boston.

• 3 weeks later...

Bani, I did get Prince in the lobby in Boston. Anyone know if his sig getting more simple? I had a homerun derby ball that he signed, it looks like "PO" with a slight line added in there. Not as nice as it used to be. He was on the way out with his luggage and I was the only person he signed for. Time coulda been a factor. Not sure.

In Boston the only other person I got was Doug Melvin. On Friday night we were waiting to go out to the bars and were hanging out in the hotel lobby, and Greinke walked through over to the hotel bar area, he wandered around for a second and then sat down with his wife and some friends. I wish I had a ball with me then, it was the only time I saw him all weekend. Seemed like if you wanted to sit in the hotel and wait until players were coming or going they were fairly accessable. I however figured I'd never been in Boston and I could either sit in the lobby, or exlore the town.

Prince was really the only guy I wanted anyway. I woulda got Braun or Greinke if the opportunity arrived.

Archived