Brewer Fanatic

autographs, signings, and tips, part 3

tony2sweet

Just saw that the Madison Mallards are going to have Robin Yount headline their annual MLB Alumni game in August. They say he will sign autograph's before the game but unlike in years past with the headliner playing in the game along with other MLB alumni Yount will not play. I have been to this game twice so far for Fingers and then last year for Molitor. Both were very well organized with decent Lines and last year Molitor signed for a good 2 hours before the game and then signed some more after the game as well!!

It is pretty funny to see all the other MLB Alumni with very little to no line and the Brewers like Molitor and Fingers have a line a far as the eye can see for the signing.

http://www.mallardsbaseba...umni-game-in-august.html

http://www.mallardsbaseball.com/images/stories/site_images/news/Maynard/2010-alumni-game.jpg

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
did ya get McGwire? sweetspotted? I know Aaron was also goin for him, but didn't get him.

I wish I had more interest in getting opposing players sigs, but the only thing I'd do with em is sell em, or never display them because they're not Brewers, and that's not my style.

I used to be like that, but I like a lot of players that aren't brewers, and McGwire was my idol growing up, I used to bat just like him...(except the actual hitting part.) So when he signed, I was shaking, and he was really nice, he was sweetspoting, but I got an 11x14, and an 8x10 on sunday that I now need to get Gwynn on. It is amazing to me how big he is in the Gwynn photo, and how small he is now...regardless of that, he was one of my favorite players when I was a kid.

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac204/briannelson8/Autographed%2011x14s/100_9056.jpg

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv301/briannelson/100_9008.jpg

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv301/briannelson/15004_113349418684177_1000002735906.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

For UW basketball fans, Jason Bohannon and Trevon Hughes are signing Thursday, May 6 (tomorrow as I write this) from 4:30-6:00 at the University Book Store on State Street.

This seems to be an annual tradition, with the UW basketball seniors.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Thanks for the heads up. I will have to go down and get some more Badger autographs. I could snap your photo again hawing!! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gifhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Yeah, these signings always make me think of you, zach.

I don't know if I can make this one, though. I have to be on the far west side by 6:00, so the line would have to move quickly.

Has anyone heard anything about the 40th Anniversary players that will be at Miller Park next week? I believe Gorman Thomas is going to be there Friday, but is he signing autographs at all?

The Brewers announced the dates of this summer's block parties. The press release can be found HERE. Looks like they won't be announcing in advance who will be at each block party. I'm not sure what I think of that...

The Brewers announced the dates of this summer's block parties. The press release can be found HERE. Looks like they won't be announcing in advance who will be at each block party. I'm not sure what I think of that...

I get what they are trying to do, but it won't work unless you put Braun, Fielder, and maybe Hoffman at the first one. You know they won't have those guys at the last one because everyone will have figured out who is going to be there and the lines would be just as long as always if it is Ryan or Prince. Considering I usually drive over an hour for these things, I am pretty disappointed.

One other point. I would imagine that it will be much less organized if people are getting there early but don't know who is going to be there. For example, hundreds of people just waiting around to see who will be there and once it is announced, will it be a stampede to get in that player's line?

One other point. I would imagine that it will be much less organized if people are getting there early but don't know who is going to be there. For example, hundreds of people just waiting around to see who will be there and once it is announced, will it be a stampede to get in that player's line?

This is how I see it becoming. I can understand not wanting to announce the players too early, but they should at least put them on the website the night before.

This is just one person's assumption about them not listing the players. I am certain they will do it shortly before that date. Everyone is kind of rushing to an assumption here.
One person's assumption? It's on the Brewers web site, so it's not really an assumption.

This is just one person's assumption about them not listing the players. I am certain they will do it shortly before that date. Everyone is kind of rushing to an assumption here.
One person's assumption? It's on the Brewers web site, so it's not really an assumption.

And the press release makes a point of saying that "unlike in years past, the players won't be announced ahead of time."

I heard that the 40th Anniversary guys will only be signing for kids 14 & under, just like the regular Autograph Fridays are now. They guys at Waukesha Sportscards told me this yesterday... Robb said he had talked to the Brewers to see what their policy would be, and it's apparently only going to be kids again for these signings too. Which pretty much sucks considering I'm working on 2 team pieces from 1982 and Gorman doesn't do any other signings anymore...

I heard that the 40th Anniversary guys will only be signing for kids 14 & under, just like the regular Autograph Fridays are now. They guys at Waukesha Sportscards told me this yesterday... Robb said he had talked to the Brewers to see what their policy would be, and it's apparently only going to be kids again for these signings too. Which pretty much sucks considering I'm working on 2 team pieces from 1982 and Gorman doesn't do any other signings anymore...
I thought I heard Gorman is doing a signing at new Menards that is opening out towards Madison? You might want to check into that

I thought I heard Gorman is doing a signing at new Menards that is opening out towards Madison? You might want to check into that

I don't mean to be a downer, but I think the Gorman signing at the Madison West Menards may have already happened. Link

tnweill, I saw him sign a few times at the lot last year. maybe it was just dumb luck he was signing though. apparently nobody signs in the lot anymore, so a public signing is probably gonna be yer best bet.

• 3 weeks later...
I do have an 8x10 I got of him that I never got signed. $20 is a little more then I want to pay, but I just might have to. When else would I get the chance now I figure.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived