Brewer Fanatic

autographs, signings, and tips, part 3

tony2sweet

To anyone who received Paul Molitor's autograph on the recent Rattlers' game:

I'm just curious as to what time you arrived at the ballpark? A poster in the Molitor Autograph advice thread commented that he/she did not receive an autograph even though they arrived at 4:30. I was under the impression that cars would not even be allowed to lineup to park before 4:30.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To anyone who received Paul Molitor's autograph on the recent Rattlers' game:

I'm just curious as to what time you arrived at the ballpark? A poster in the Molitor Autograph advice thread commented that he/she did not receive an autograph even though they arrived at 4:30. I was under the impression that cars would not even be allowed to lineup to park before 4:30.

I got there at 3:15 by parking at the Wave (bar next to the stadium). They made us line up on the road until 4:15 and then made us walk in a single file line up to the gates. They handled that part of it well but im sure there were alot of people that stood in line for a long time that didnt have any luck. On a different note Molitor was awesome. Super personable. Added a "3000" inscription to the ticket stub I had and I didnt even ask. He also did HOF inscriptions for anyone that asked and didnt act like it was a major issue like some guys do. Very few times with the exception of some current Brewers (Braun and Prince) do I come away from a signing that I actually like the player more than I did before hand, but Molitor was a true champ last night.

Molitor was awesome. Super personable.

Agreed completely. Nice to have a person look you in the eye and say 'thanks for coming' when shaking your hand.

I got there about 4:00, and echo everything Brew City said- people were lined along the highway waiting to get in. There were only maybe 20-30 people behind me that got an auto, and I'd say maybe 200-250 total. Considering that when they cut the line off there were still ~1500 people in line, ouch.

Block Party Lineup has been announced - Ryan Braun, Craig Counsell, Mike Burns, Todd Coffey, Brad Fischer, Bill Hall, Felipe Lopez, Willie Randolph, Trevor Hoffman, Jason Kendall, Ken Macha and Mitch Stetter.

Should be a huge crowd. What time are people thinking about getting there to get Braun?

I was thinking I am gonna get there around 7:30 for Braun to get a jersey signed. I figure that the big lines will probably pick up around 9-9:30 for Braun and Hoffman (maybe a little later for Hoffman).

I haven't been to a block party since 2007.... I'm assuming they still have all the tables set up well ahead of time with the players' names on the appropriate tables?

I was thinking I am gonna get there around 7:30 for Braun to get a jersey signed. I figure that the big lines will probably pick up around 9-9:30 for Braun and Hoffman (maybe a little later for Hoffman).

I haven't been to a block party since 2007.... I'm assuming they still have all the tables set up well ahead of time with the players' names on the appropriate tables?

If you do, you wont be getting Braun's autograph. I got there around 7 last year and just missed him. I'm sure this year will be worse.

Wow. That is a huge lineup! I hope I am able to get Hall, Coffey, and Stetter. Do they allow pictures? I wouldn't mind getting an updated picture with Stetter

Well, looks like you won't be getting Hall or Coffey. They have been removed from the lineup.

Hoffman got there early on his own signed 152 and left early. Escobar and Bourgeois were added at the last minute. Lopez was a no-show. Braun and Escobar got there late, and I know Braun left when the others did. I'm not sure if Escobar stayed later.

Hoffman and Escobar sweetspotted. I'm not sure what Braun did as per personalizing or not.

Wristbands were handed out for most of the players.

I was able to get Hoffman, Macha, and Bourgeois. My wife got me Escobar. All of the on OMLB balls.

I ended up going to Legends signing w/Gantner, Cooper, and Pete Ladd. It was a good time, as I got there towards the tail end so it wasn't busy. Got some '82 team items signed, and pictures w/each of them as well.

I got there at 5:15 and was 87 for Braun and was a little nervous with each minute he was late. I noticed he personalized a lot of things, but he actually didn't personalize anything for people around me and was adding his number to signatures. The ten people or so around me all had bats and jerseys, and no personalizations.

He must have stopped personalizing because he was rushing to get through all the people at the end. (The same thing happened to my brother at an Auto Friday a few weeks ago when he was roughly 50-60 back in line. People in front of him were complaining about personalizations, but Braun didn't personalize his.)

Either that, or Braun thinks he should just personalize for all the "sellers" because they're the ones who get there really early, when in reality that's not the case.

Archived